Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

More evidence of the fiasco that is voting in the UK.......

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2015, 12:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default More evidence of the fiasco that is voting in the UK.......

Heard yesterday that a recent poll gives UKIP 15% of the vote, which would give them four seats.

Meanwhile, the SNP gets 3% and that's FORTY seats!!!!

How crazy?

And how do we fancy being governed by a Labour-SNP coalition????

Might as well give over now.
Old 12 February 2015, 12:19 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

thats a very subjective report lol

10 votes out of 100 is 10%, 10 votes out of 1000 is 1%, 10 votes out of 10,000 is 0.1%

getting the drift now?
Old 12 February 2015, 12:28 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Heard yesterday that a recent poll gives UKIP 15% of the vote, which would give them four seats.

Meanwhile, the SNP gets 3% and that's FORTY seats!!!!

How crazy?

And how do we fancy being governed by a Labour-SNP coalition????

Might as well give over now.
If that happens I'm going to live in Australia.

That's the trouble with 'first past the post'.
SNP votes are concentrated (in Scotland obviously, with lower population density anyway), whereas UKIP votes are spread evenly between constituencies such that they rarely have enough for a win.
Old 12 February 2015, 12:46 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You f*ckers should have let us have our independence without fighting so hard to keep us then

I'll bet Cameron is regretting his better together campaign now
Old 12 February 2015, 12:55 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Labour would (and have been) a nightmare on their own in a majority Government.
The possible coalitions are so nutty it's scary.
Old 12 February 2015, 01:11 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by c_maguire
Labour would (and have been) a nightmare on their own in a majority Government.
The possible coalitions are so nutty it's scary.
This ones not been much of a coalition.not really heard a peep from the 'other half' of the government
Old 12 February 2015, 01:24 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
This ones not been much of a coalition.not really heard a peep from the 'other half' of the government
I would suggest that your ignorance of it is not an indication of the ineffectiveness of either party in the current coalition.
This was never likely to turn out well for the Liberals because their followers tend to live in an idealistic fantasy (similar to the greens) and they cannot comprehend that a coalition means compromise. They are the minority party in the coalition and therefore will have less influence.
As far as I am concerned the Liberals have had a significant influence on government policy but they'll get no thanks for it. Most of their followers still can't get over the perceived betrayal over tuition fees. Coalition, they just cannot get it.
A majority Conservative goverment would be my choice. And for sure had it been certain things would have turned out differently. The coalition is still a success though.
Old 12 February 2015, 01:34 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I would suggest that your ignorance of it is not an indication of the ineffectiveness of either party in the current coalition.
This was never likely to turn out well for the Liberals because their followers tend to live in an idealistic fantasy (similar to the greens) and they cannot comprehend that a coalition means compromise. They are the minority party in the coalition and therefore will have less influence.
As far as I am concerned the Liberals have had a significant influence on government policy but they'll get no thanks for it. Most of their followers still can't get over the perceived betrayal over tuition fees. Coalition, they just cannot get it.
A majority Conservative goverment would be my choice. And for sure had it been certain things would have turned out differently. The coalition is still a success though.
I have been conservative for umpteen years.i was however pursuaded (wrongly) by a very eloquent Blair (who was very un labour like)

The last few years in Politics though has offered up no one charismatic or true.It has been embarrassing:-(
Old 12 February 2015, 01:41 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

If that happens I'm going to live in Australia..
F**k off, you're not welcome!
Old 12 February 2015, 01:43 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

I thought you'd like that.
Don't worry, I have a place in SW France so I'm headed in that direction.
Old 12 February 2015, 01:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
You f*ckers should have let us have our independence without fighting so hard to keep us then

DD, the English have one consistent trait.... their crass stupidity!

Will be so funny if it comes to fruition
Old 12 February 2015, 03:49 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
DD, the English have one consistent trait.... their crass stupidity!

Will be so funny if it comes to fruition
I seem to recall you getting all irrate the other day at the mere suggestion that you are anti-English. Then I read this and get confused.
Old 12 February 2015, 04:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
thats a very subjective report lol

10 votes out of 100 is 10%, 10 votes out of 1000 is 1%, 10 votes out of 10,000 is 0.1%

getting the drift now?
Yeah, I know how percentages work...what's your point?
Old 12 February 2015, 04:11 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Devildog

Au contraire, I bet Scottish Government are breathing a sigh of relief as it seems Scotland was completely unprepared for the collapse in the oil price and the revenue it would have relied on post independence.
Old 12 February 2015, 06:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I seem to recall you getting all irrate the other day at the mere suggestion that you are anti-English. Then I read this and get confused.
All banter aside please link to the posts where I was getting irate at the suggestion i was anti-English.

The thread I think you mean was the one where Maz asked Kwik to name who he meant when he stated "Certain people are very anti English and anti England. And are so overly pro of anyone non English it's sickening and racism in itself."

He would not elucidate on it as he is a coward, but at no point did I get irate or even give a **** whether he meant me or not. I just wanted him to answer the question as did Maz.

Now unless you can find the posts you allude to you could do to apologise for basically posting what is essentially just not true!

Oh and if you would like to know yes I am somewhat anti-English when it comes to the way a lot of the English behave and think! Not all, but there is a growing sense of arrogance about a large section of the population that was very evident during the Scottish referendum both on here and generally!
Old 12 February 2015, 07:34 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Au contraire, I bet Scottish Government are breathing a sigh of relief as it seems Scotland was completely unprepared for the collapse in the oil price and the revenue it would have relied on post independence.
Incorrect, As much as we keep telling you we are not/will not (when it comes ) going to be reliant on Oil, and anyway even if we had not been fcuked over by the ar$eholes who run this place Independance would not have taken place till well into 2016, I bet the price of Oil will actually be back on it's feet by this time anyway.

Old 12 February 2015, 08:35 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

It will be Labour and SNP, then people will be reminded how **** Labour are before Tories get back in and become the bad guy for making cuts.
Labour can only look good when they have lots of money thats been generated by the Tories, this time they will not have that safety net so l suspect we will sink fast.
Old 12 February 2015, 09:00 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Incorrect, As much as we keep telling you we are not/will not (when it comes ) going to be reliant on Oil, and anyway even if we had not been fcuked over by the ar$eholes who run this place Independance would not have taken place till well into 2016, I bet the price of Oil will actually be back on it's feet by this time anyway.

Old 12 February 2015, 09:01 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Yeah, I know how percentages work...what's your point?
Because it's area based, not population based, that's always what you'll end up with.
Old 13 February 2015, 07:58 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

MY point exactly: a fiasco.
Old 13 February 2015, 12:12 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

MY point exactly: a fiasco.
We are actually little more than a banana republic in the grand scheme of things TBH..
Old 13 February 2015, 12:30 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I'm quite worried about this actually. I appreciate its social media, but all I seens to see on my feed is about how many disabled, homeless, skint, depressed people are dying, campaigning etc. etc. to get this nasty party out. How austerity is failing, the needy are dying. **** sake all I'm seeing is Guardian links, yeah they may be bullsh1t but people believe it. Now if a lot of these people fall in for Labours cheap offerings of solving the worlds problems, the Conservatives are out. People I'm talking about who aren't your stereotypical benefit scrounging, feckless something-for-nothing's "always voted" Labour voters either. Educated young folk. If millions of these vote for the left, we're fooked! The amount of grief I get as I'm open about being a Conservative voter living in the North is daft, like I'm some kind of antichrist or worse, Britain First advocate!
Old 13 February 2015, 12:51 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

You wouldn't be a Tory voter now if you were still in your previous state.

Trust me.......
Old 13 February 2015, 12:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

You wouldn't be a Tory voter now if you were still in your previous state.

Trust me.......
It's because of Labour in my previous situation and their treatment of me why I am a Conservative voter, Jeff!
Old 13 February 2015, 01:02 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I'm quite worried about this actually. I appreciate its social media, but all I seens to see on my feed is about how many disabled, homeless, skint, depressed people are dying, campaigning etc. etc. to get this nasty party out. How austerity is failing, the needy are dying. **** sake all I'm seeing is Guardian links, yeah they may be bullsh1t but people believe it. Now if a lot of these people fall in for Labours cheap offerings of solving the worlds problems, the Conservatives are out. People I'm talking about who aren't your stereotypical benefit scrounging, feckless something-for-nothing's "always voted" Labour voters either. Educated young folk. If millions of these vote for the left, we're fooked! The amount of grief I get as I'm open about being a Conservative voter living in the North is daft, like I'm some kind of antichrist or worse, Britain First advocate!
Andy, Labour are not the answer, but neither are the Tories. While I will be the first to agree that social media and the press are full of sensationalist crap there is some truth to what you are seeing.

The gap between the rich and the poor is widening, the gap between the north and the south is widening. Cameron and Co. do not give a **** about you or me or any one else that isn't mega rich and able to help them keep their gravy train on track. Same goes for Miliband. Surely you can see that from the last 20 years of government??

Just look at the number of people using foodbanks now, this is not because they are benefit scrounging layabouts, but in the majority of cases because they have no choice. This is not the society the UK should be and Cameron is not the PM the UK needs!

Please please do a bit more balanced research. The Guardian may be a lefty rag to you so look elsewhere, take a broader view.... the country is not in a good way!
Old 13 February 2015, 01:10 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

The youth vote (including students) is so wet behind the ears for the most part and detached from reality (this seems to be a pre-requisite for University) that I can easily see them falling for Labour's negative campaigning (also codenamed 'bash the rich').
Thankfully, to date youth and thicko turnout is low. Hopefully that won't change.
Old 13 February 2015, 01:27 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

The youth vote (including students) is so wet behind the ears for the most part and detached from reality (this seems to be a pre-requisite for University) that I can easily see them falling for Labour's negative campaigning (also codenamed 'bash the rich').
Thankfully, to date youth and thicko turnout is low. Hopefully that won't change.
Your exactly the sort of person that has turned this country into the sh1thole it is. Self self ****ing self! God I hope you get what you deserve, I really do!
Old 13 February 2015, 01:51 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Your exactly the sort of person that has turned this country into the sh1thole it is. Self self ****ing self! God I hope you get what you deserve, I really do!
I'm far from rich but I pay my way and dislike people who don't. If people with more money than me play by the rules they'll end up paying proportionately more than I do in tax and have significantly more than I do left over. That doesn't bother me.
There is however a politics of envy operating in this country where a large proportion of the public resent anyone else who has more than they do, so those who have a lot more really rock their boat. What they should do is look a bit closer to home, perhaps take some personal responsibility for the position they are in.
Labour are just stoking the fire of resentment. The current tax avoidance is a case in point. I avoid tax, by claiming 'home office' and using my company vehicle privately for example. So what, this is the 'vanilla' avoidance that seems to be the flavour of the day, and everyone able does do it. It isn't illegal, trouble is the legions of people on PAYE don't get it because in the main they are ignorant of the workings of it. They get paid holiday, I don't. It's swings and roundabouts.
Labour are trying to link all the rich (whoever they are) and group them with the likes of Amazon and Google and Vodafone, who we can all agree have played the system by agreeing terms with the Organ Grinder.
Very cynical, and misleading.
Old 13 February 2015, 01:58 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I'm far from rich but I pay my way and dislike people who don't. If people with more money than me play by the rules they'll end up paying proportionately more than I do in tax and have significantly more than I do left over. That doesn't bother me.
There is however a politics of envy operating in this country where a large proportion of the public resent anyone else who has more than they do, so those who have a lot more really rock their boat. What they should do is look a bit closer to home, perhaps take some personal responsibility for the position they are in.
Labour are just stoking the fire of resentment. The current tax avoidance is a case in point. I avoid tax, by claiming 'home office' and using my company vehicle privately for example. So what, this is the 'vanilla' avoidance that seems to be the flavour of the day, and everyone able does do it. It isn't illegal, trouble is the legions of people on PAYE don't get it because in the main they are ignorant of the workings of it. They get paid holiday, I don't. It's swings and roundabouts.
Labour are trying to link all the rich (whoever they are) and group them with the likes of Amazon and Google and Vodafone, who we can all agree have played the system by agreeing terms with the Organ Grinder.
Great post
Old 13 February 2015, 02:04 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

+1 Labour are playing the game to get votes for up and coming election! Goes against the likes of the Tory backers and against UKIP with their former banker leader and his banker friends.

Quick Reply: More evidence of the fiasco that is voting in the UK.......