Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Health and safety not!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2014, 08:19 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Health and safety not!!

At work today I put my metal stool in front of a wall so I could screw to ceiling line, the next thing I know I'm crashing to the floor very quickly and I hit my ribs right across the edge of the stool.

I did some rolling around on. The grond for a few minutes trying to take my mind of the pain as it was definitely broken ribs. I worked out what had happened pretty easily, when the new houses are built there is holes drilled in the floor so scaffolding poles can be passes through.

Some idiot has repaired the holes and just nailed a patch in I went down pretty hard and it also fecked my Hilti drill, It just cost me £200 for parts and bits due to this incident.

I really wish I could put a claim in to teach them a lesson so this could not happen again but since I'm self employed I can't as it would mean bye bye to my work.

I really hope a client has a similar accident in there new house as I know they will be able to claim

So angry. And had to vent!!
Old 07 November 2014, 08:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Scaffolding through the floor.? , why

Sorry about the ribs, I suppose they'll be better by time you can claim
Old 07 November 2014, 08:33 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

When the new houses are built the floor goes down on first floor level but you need to have scaffold go through the floor so you can build the second lift, it's another health and safety thing and speed thing at the same time as if the joiners or bricklayers are building the 2nd lift and they fall they won't crash two floors.
Old 07 November 2014, 08:43 PM
smiffywhu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blobby?

Hi Steve, How much do you weigh pet??

I wish you a speedy recovery mate
Old 07 November 2014, 08:46 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

I'm just over 12 stone, I have damaged cruciate and cartliage in both knees and I'm pleased none of those went when I hit the deck or the air may of been a bit more blue than it was
Old 07 November 2014, 10:15 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you get well soon

if you did put a claim in they would fine a way to get out of it. was the stool class 1 rated? did it have a handrail? have you been trained how to use a stool correctly?

I was wiring a nursing home and we had to cut loads of 5" holes in the floor to get some cables through. afterwards I spotted the joiner screwing the pieces back in place.....he used 2x1 battens underneath and screwed through the 18mm chipboard into the battens with ...... wait for it..........1" screws

I wonder how long until an old persons foot or walking stick disappears down one of the trapdoors