Dangerous Dog Owners & Proud....

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2014, 09:14 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Dangerous Dog Owners & Proud....

Currently on TV now, channel 5, 9PM.

Should make good viewing for the SNet 'Massive!!!
Old 04 August 2014, 09:15 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Currently on TV now, channel 5, 9PM.

Should make good viewing for the SNet 'Massive!!!
well at least its not about benefits this time
Old 04 August 2014, 09:28 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

I can't believe some of the owners on the show! Well actually I sort of can, just dreadful! Training their dogs to attack by using human dummies etc and making them tear down young trees .
Old 04 August 2014, 09:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first person to mention cats.......
Old 04 August 2014, 09:51 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Right that's it, I've RTM on you.....awaits lengthy ban

Old 04 August 2014, 10:04 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

As an owner of Rottweilers and bull breeds watching this tonight has made me very angry and feel physically sick,it actually put me off my Chicken tikka madras.
Absolutely shameful.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:07 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

As said, it's the people holding the lead(s) to blame.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:08 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

That young mum who had the 2 pitballs and got them legalised at Court doesn't have a clue to be honest. That part towards the end where she has a go at the man with his dog off the lead, it was her dogs that tried to attack first!! They also carried on barking and tugging trying to get at this mans dog and blamed everything on him saying "be a responsible owner blah blah blah". Why the **** didn't she tell her dogs NO and give them a smack as soon as they tried to attack? Makes me angry because she genuinely believes she's a good responsible owner, but she isn't.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:14 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
As said, it's the people holding the lead(s) to blame.
Totally,virtually ANY dog can be made violent,completely their upbringing can bring them up to be a dangerous animal. As a person who works in people's homes I've seen some dogs that are soft as you like but you stroke them and feel their power...doesn't bare thinking about what damage they are capable of.
Andy

Last edited by chieftain333; 04 August 2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:15 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Rightly or wrongly his dog should of been on a lead.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:16 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

If anything tonight's stupid programme has shown 100% it's the lead not the breed.
Those owners need a fooking kick in.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:18 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

Those rude boys training their dogs to attack need the dogs to turn on them and have a limb ripped off...absolute morons
Old 04 August 2014, 10:20 PM
Dan wrx
Scooby Regular

I thought the whole thing just goes to show it's the owners not the dogs, I own a very happy Staffordshire bull terrier x Pitt bull, have had him for the past 9 years, although he is a very aggressive looking dog, he wouldn't hurt anyone, he's been in our home around my 3 children from birth and never had one problem, he is a real family dog, he doesn't really get on with other dogs but the vet put that down to when he was younger he was attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier quite badly. The thing that does bug me though is when I walk my dog (allways on the lead) and other dogs that are of the lead come up to him and he growls and his hairs on his back sound on end. I will say it again he has never attacked anyone or any other dog but in situations like this it makes my dog look aggressive towards others. I allways ask people to put their dog on a lead as my dog doesn't get along with others and most of the time people are grateful that I told them and put them straight on the lead but there are a few people that don't listen and it really annoys me.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:22 PM
Dan wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stipete75
Couldn't agree more
Old 04 August 2014, 10:24 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chieftain333
Those rude boys training their dogs to attack need the dogs to turn on them and have a limb ripped off...absolute morons
I have 2 American 'bull' dogs ....not pitbulls.
I never let the dog off the lead anywhere public , down to his pure size and the metre long shoe laces that dangle
Both of my dogs are soft as sh1te but both did there job when a ****** tried to get in for my car keys.

But enough of that.....I bet she's a rude one at Warrington
Old 04 August 2014, 10:27 PM
Dan wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
I have 2 American 'bull' dogs ....not pitbulls.
I never let the dog off the lead anywhere public , down to his pure size and the metre long shoe laces that dangle
Both of my dogs are soft as sh1te but both did there job when a ****** tried to get in for my car keys.

Lovely dogs, very good temperament aswell, bet you get some looks when you walk them 2 together.
Old 04 August 2014, 10:30 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

I agree,I'd have a bash on those fun bags
Old 04 August 2014, 10:34 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan wrx
Lovely dogs, very good temperament aswell, bet you get some looks when you walk them 2 together.
Excellent temperaments
They are both fully white so do look well together (he has a small patch on his ear).
It's the bloody shoe laces ! He shakes his head in the garden and everyone runs !
Old 05 August 2014, 08:23 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My dogs are always off the lead but when another dog comes I call them to heel, it's all about the training.

My Parsons Jack Russell doesn't get on well with other dogs, so when other owners have their poorly / un-trained dogs off the lead I always warn them that she won't stay calm for long so unless your happy to let them fight it out and sort themselves out then I suggest you take control of your dog.

Some won't agree with this.

My opinion / experience of dog mentality as far as i'm concerned is, let the dogs get on with it, they'll have a quick tussle and once they've sorted the pecking order out they're fine with one another. Some owners don't agree / understand dogs and panic which is what escalates the situation between the dogs as they pick up on this fear and defend their pack which is when things get nasty.

It's all about the owner, their level of understanding of dogs, training / time and effort they put into their dog. Any dog can be dangerous, and some dogs are much like some people, just not right in the head, again it's the owner that should be aware of this and act accordingly.

As for retards that train their dogs to be aggressive, the owners shoud be put down.

As above it's the person that's the problem not the dog.
Old 05 August 2014, 09:06 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan wrx
I thought the whole thing just goes to show it's the owners not the dogs, I own a very happy Staffordshire bull terrier x Pitt bull, have had him for the past 9 years, although he is a very aggressive looking dog, he wouldn't hurt anyone, he's been in our home around my 3 children from birth and never had one problem, he is a real family dog, he doesn't really get on with other dogs but the vet put that down to when he was younger he was attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier quite badly. The thing that does bug me though is when I walk my dog (allways on the lead) and other dogs that are of the lead come up to him and he growls and his hairs on his back sound on end. I will say it again he has never attacked anyone or any other dog but in situations like this it makes my dog look aggressive towards others. I allways ask people to put their dog on a lead as my dog doesn't get along with others and most of the time people are grateful that I told them and put them straight on the lead but there are a few people that don't listen and it really annoys me.
The worst excuse that I have heard is from a dog owner whose dog is aggressive and has tried attacking my dog, she was blaming me for letting my dog off the lead and it is my fault as my dog approacher hers to play and didn't listen to me

FFS, if you have an aggressive dog keep them on the lead ALL the time.

When I see a dog that is considered to be aggressive I put mine on the lead and head the opposite direction.

Some horrible people on show yesterday without brains.

Owning a dog should be regulated and you should have a license if you want to own one IMHO.
Old 05 August 2014, 09:19 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fpan
The worst excuse that I have heard is from a dog owner whose dog is aggressive and has tried attacking my dog, she was blaming me for letting my dog off the lead and it is my fault as my dog approacher hers to play and didn't listen to me
Its a difficult call, and in my own experence its as often the irresponsible owner who lets their dog approach dogs on leads who is as much to blame as the other way around.

My old Rottie bitch was attacked twice by dogs off the lead when she was on the lead and under perfect control. Our rottie male was attacked recently by a Staffie bitch that was also off the lead when he was on it and under perfect control.

Fortunately having completely ignored the dumb bint of an owner, it eventually took commands from me long enough for her to get hold of it.

So please think twice before letting your dog run up to other dogs to play, or one day he/she might end up at the vet or worse.

Some dogs will just not get on. Its not about their being aggresive or not.
Old 05 August 2014, 12:15 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Its a difficult call, and in my own experence its as often the irresponsible owner who lets their dog approach dogs on leads who is as much to blame as the other way around.

My old Rottie bitch was attacked twice by dogs off the lead when she was on the lead and under perfect control. Our rottie male was attacked recently by a Staffie bitch that was also off the lead when he was on it and under perfect control.

Fortunately having completely ignored the dumb bint of an owner, it eventually took commands from me long enough for her to get hold of it.

So please think twice before letting your dog run up to other dogs to play, or one day he/she might end up at the vet or worse.

Some dogs will just not get on. Its not about their being aggresive or not.
Exactly, well said
One of my rotties is brilliant but does not like other dogs, I always have her in a harness when on walks because of this.
If an idiot of an owner walks his/her dog off the lead and it comes sniffing over then your fault if the dog is bitten, be responsible and always walk your dogs on leads.

Last edited by stipete75; 05 August 2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05 August 2014, 12:21 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan

go on, i dare you,,,,

hahaha yes that is a real cat, its a liger
Old 05 August 2014, 01:11 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tidgy
go on, i dare you,,,,

hahaha yes that is a real cat, its a liger
Hmmm technically it's not a 'real' cat as it's been reared in captivity. In the wild cross species breeding does not occur as this is bad for the gene pool.
Old 05 August 2014, 01:19 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
As above it's the person that's the problem not the dog.
Surely this is only true to a point, at the end of the day they are still predatory pack animals.
Old 05 August 2014, 01:22 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

be responsible and always walk your dogs on leads.
always? - does the dog never run free, seems a bit cruel to me to always be on a lead
Old 05 August 2014, 01:43 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by neil-h
Surely this is only true to a point, at the end of the day they are still predatory pack animals.
Are you talking about dogs or people .

Almost all dog problems are caused by the owner not being the pack alpha.

The rest are caused by owners being complete retards.
Old 05 August 2014, 01:45 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Firstly this is not my opinion, I thought that these dogs had been banned because of there aggressive nature. Dog's can be bred for there different characteristics and with these dogs it seems that they have been genetically selected for there aggression.

There is a amount of risk with any dog no matter how well they are trained, with theses dogs it would seem that the risk increases.
Old 05 August 2014, 01:54 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

So when buying these breeds that are known to be aggressive; does "looking hard" not even register?
Unless you actually need a guard dog, there are plenty of much more passive breeds.

It's like being a tattooed up Hells Angel then pretending your "look" isn't anything to do with trying to look intimidating.

I see countless adult blokes who clearly feel the need to try and look hard with all sorts of methods; it's a bit pathetic really.
Old 05 August 2014, 02:00 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

"Pathetic" good word choice.

Quick Reply: Dangerous Dog Owners & Proud....