Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2014, 11:29 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is wrong with people?

Have we entered a certain phase of the moon or something?

Not just on here, but generally speaking.

I've had a week from hell with people just generally being dicks, and it seems a few of my friends have been having the same problem, then it all kicks off on here.

WTF is wrong with people?
Old 01 August 2014, 11:32 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing that caused the issue in here was a cat thread.... you know how it is?

Being serious though I think the news isn't helping.... Gaza, MH-17, Russia, sanctions, ebola.... it's bloody depressing!
Old 01 August 2014, 11:33 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clearly you've not been out for a few years - welcome to modern society were 'the only person I give a **** about is me'
Old 01 August 2014, 11:37 PM
Lisawrx

I wish that were true. I work with the public every day, but this week has been particularly bad.
Old 01 August 2014, 11:39 PM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Being serious though I think the news isn't helping.... Gaza, MH-17, Russia, sanctions, ebola.... it's bloody depressing!
Possibly, but some of the people I come into contact are so dim, I wonder how they managed to get out the house and to where I work, let alone know what the news is, so it can't be that.
Old 01 August 2014, 11:42 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Possibly, but some of the people I come into contact are so dim, I wonder how they managed to get out the house and to where I work, let alone know what the news is, so it can't be that.
Yeah I know the type! Maybe just coincidence. Have to say I had no idea how much it would kick off in here today.... it all went a bit mental for an hour or so.... I did wonder if there was something in the water
Old 01 August 2014, 11:45 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

There are to many things for people to hide behind these days, steering wheels, keyboards, the suing culture. You could say it starts at school for a lot of people, you can't say boo to a child these day's, no idea how teachers teach these days.

I'll give you a example......someone has a bad day at work, then on the way home in the car they take it out on another driver because they feel safe in their car. They then go to Tesco and have a go a the shop worker but nothing can be done because the customer is always right. Finally they get home and having a argument with the other half then they go on to a forum and start to attack people via the keyboard.

Last edited by Carnut; 01 August 2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01 August 2014, 11:57 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Falling Down
Old 01 August 2014, 11:59 PM
Lisawrx

Yeah I know the type! Maybe just coincidence. Have to say I had no idea how much it would kick off in here today.... it all went a bit mental for an hour or so.... I did wonder if there was something in the water
Me too.

Originally Posted by chris j t
There are to many things for people to hide behind these days, steering wheels, keyboards, the suing culture. You could say it starts at school for a lot of people, you can't say boo to a child these day's, no idea how teachers teach these days.

I'll give you a example......some has a bad day at work, then on the way home in the car thay take it out on another driver because they feel safe in their car. They then go to Tesco and have a go a the shop worker but nothing can be done because the customer is always right. Finally the get home and having a argument with the other half they go on to a forum and start to attack people via the keyboard.
Nowt as queer as folk. Sometimes, based on experience, I think people leave the house spoiling for a fight, and will take advantage of any situation that gives them an opportunity to kick off.

I think anyone that works with the public, whether it be kids, adults or both, should be given an award, perhaps annually, for getting through the year without killing or harming any of them.
Old 02 August 2014, 12:00 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by zip106
Falling Down
I know how he felt.
Old 02 August 2014, 12:07 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I probably shouldn't say but when I was 18 I got a job as a bus driver. It was a real eye opener and could not believe how some will treat others.

I once found a weekly pass that had just been purchased and decided that rather than throwing it away like my boss would of had me do I thought I would give it to the next customer that was nice to me and was a regular.

I had the ticket for about two day's, that must work out in the thousands of people that had the opportunity to be nice.
Old 02 August 2014, 12:16 AM
Lisawrx

Sadly Chris, your story doesn't surprise me.

People don't seem to believe me when I say how awful people can be, or more the ratio of good to bad.

Just a few weeks ago, I was talking to one of the lads that works for the Metro (like trains) and he said he didn't think people in general could be so horrible, until he took that job on and his opinion quickly changed.
Old 02 August 2014, 04:04 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's definitely the silly season

Probably coincidental,I couldn't believe the number of people stopping off in morries not for food but alcohol. 50% looked like they'd just left skool as well
Old 02 August 2014, 06:18 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

What have I missed?

Ok, found it. Some people have yet again shown their true colours by posting vile, hate filled comments from behind the protection of their computer screens.

Last edited by Dingdongler; 02 August 2014 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02 August 2014, 06:53 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Just a general break down in society
I work in a shop now on a high street and we have ' benefits day ' on a Thursday as all the characters walk past the shop to get their Benefits then get tanked up on cheap booze and **** then stagger past again to the newly opened food bank shop to stck up for the weekend

Don't think any of them have been washed or seen a comb through their hair yet they all have tattoos and Ill fitting jeans

Good entertainment for us watching them arguing at the bus stop but worryingly there is women and kids in pushchairs with them
Old 02 August 2014, 07:23 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict seems to reveal peoples true colours.
Old 02 August 2014, 08:24 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Lisa you got the privelage of meeting me last weekend, that alone should have set you up for a glorious week!!.

Well maybe not then lol.
Old 02 August 2014, 09:14 AM
scoobiepaul
Scooby Regular

I probably shouldn't say but when I was 18 I got a job as a bus driver. It was a real eye opener and could not believe how some will treat others.

Totally agree with you, I have been a bus driver for nearly 3 years now in Brighton. I had a total of 208 passenger's in one 40 minute journey, absolute chaos as bus has maximum capacity of 90 people at anyone time. Due to the amount of people and horrendous traffic bus was running 35 minutes late!
Old 02 August 2014, 09:54 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
What have I missed?

Ok, found it. Some people have yet again shown their true colours by posting vile, hate filled comments from behind the protection of their computer screens.
No you haven't found it as the threads have been deleted
Old 02 August 2014, 10:03 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I see it as the result of the lowest segment of society being the most prolific at reproducing.

I'm glad I won't be around in another 50yrs, it truly will become Hell on Earth.
Old 02 August 2014, 10:50 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

It used to be survival of the fittest. It's now survival of the shi##est. Society rewards and tolerates mediocrity/stupidity far too much. Then once this is the majority view/tone, you end up feeling you are the odd one out. Which you are. Sad.
Old 02 August 2014, 10:57 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that. Complete opposite for me. Just started a new job and am amazed at some of the really smart, amazing people i'll be working with. Really makes me want to up my game.
Old 02 August 2014, 10:58 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I see it as the result of the lowest segment of society being the most prolific at reproducing.

I'm glad I won't be around in another 50yrs, it truly will become Hell on Earth.
Only if you want it to be.
Old 02 August 2014, 11:03 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
Don't think any of them have been washed or seen a comb through their hair yet they all have tattoos and Ill fitting jeans

What's that got to do with anything. Where i work we have just taken on 20 new apprentices, all 25-30 years old. 90% are lathered in tattoo's, unshaven and uncombed hair. All are also pretty smart, keen and impressive.
Old 02 August 2014, 11:28 AM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Its not all bad these forums Lisa, I've met some good friends through this one, take last weekend we all competed at totb as a team and this friendship came from fight club on here where you basically try and wind each other up.
We even chatted to a strange Geordie man lol
Old 02 August 2014, 11:42 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
What have I missed?

No you haven't found it as the threads have been deleted
If I wasn't confused before, I certainly am now... whats going on?
Old 02 August 2014, 12:34 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
If I wasn't confused before, I certainly am now... whats going on?
A cat thread, xxx-Ian-xxx upset a few with some idea's of how to stop a cat s**ting on a garden. Ian then mentioned his kids and then a few said some bad things about his children, Ian then seemed to lose plot and went off the rails and got banned.

Oh, then Ian came back with a different user name and got banned for a second time.
Old 02 August 2014, 12:50 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Only on Scoobynet can a thread about a cat, turn into a 4 page thread and result in 2 people getting banned!!!

And my missus always wonders why im on here!!!
Old 02 August 2014, 01:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

I wish that were true. I work with the public every day, but this week has been particularly bad.
See thats where you`re going wrong, lol, I knocked that on the head years ago, Some of them are just plain nasty with no manners and think they can speak to you like $hit....Wrong!!
Old 02 August 2014, 01:20 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
See thats where you`re going wrong, lol, I knocked that on the head years ago, Some of them are just plain nasty with no manners and think they can speak to you like $hit....Wrong!!
Shut it you ****...

Quick Reply: What is wrong with people?