Manchester Terrier Pups

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2014, 01:05 AM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Manchester Terrier Pups

Hi all

So the mrs has been dropping a few hints that she wants 2 manchester terrier puppies so thought sod it why not. Anyone got any idea on where to buy them from n who a decent pedigree breeder is.

Any info will be very helpfull
Old 19 July 2014, 09:34 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

OK firstly the attitude of 'sod it why not' will not go down well with a reputable breeder of any dog when you turn up and they ask why you want a puppy and what research have you done on the breed.

The fact you are asking where can you get them indicates you haven't done much research at all as there are obvious credible places for any pedigree breed with all the info you could possibly need on the actual breed and where the breeders are. Just a simple bit of research online will give you everything you need.

I'll start you off with the most obvious www.thekennelclub.org.uk

If you think i'm being a bit harsh i'm not, try turning up to a reputable breeder with no research or knowledge of the breed and see what response you will get. Also expect to go on a waiting list again for an established and popular breeder. The breeder will pick and choose who they think will be the best owners for their puppies and a large portion of that decision will be based on what research you can show you have done on the breed and what you have done in preparing to have a puppy. A reputable breeder will interview you as such to ask why should they sell you one of their puppies.

I had a list many times over for the number of Labrador puppies I had and anyone who contacted me saying nothing more than I want one can I have one was simply ignored. If you email or call a breeder enquiring after their litter be ready to sell yourself as a good prospective owner who is knowledgeable on the breed and what it takes generally in looking after any dog and that you are fully prepared to take on a puppy.

It's exactly what I had to do when I bought mine and it's exactly what I expected from the people wanting one from my litter of puppies.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 19 July 2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 19 July 2014, 09:43 AM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.british-manchester-terrie...uk/puppies.htm
Old 19 July 2014, 12:33 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bean1984
Hi all

So the mrs has been dropping a few hints that she wants 2 manchester terrier puppies....
There are Toy and Standard varieties to consider. Has she owned dogs before?

Last edited by Mouser; 19 July 2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 19 July 2014, 12:57 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk
Old 19 July 2014, 01:11 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

They're very cute dogs. I'd love a little one, but not sure if my cats would approve.
Old 19 July 2014, 05:06 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Whats your work / home ratio like?
Old 20 July 2014, 05:19 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bean1984
Hi all

So the mrs has been dropping a few hints that she wants 2 manchester terrier puppies so thought sod it why not. Anyone got any idea on where to buy them from n who a decent pedigree breeder is.

Any info will be very helpfull
Don't get two from the same litter. That's just asking for trouble.
Old 21 July 2014, 09:42 AM
classic Subaru Si
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
OK firstly the attitude of 'sod it why not' will not go down well with a reputable breeder of any dog when you turn up and they ask why you want a puppy and what research have you done on the breed.

The fact you are asking where can you get them indicates you haven't done much research at all as there are obvious credible places for any pedigree breed with all the info you could possibly need on the actual breed and where the breeders are. Just a simple bit of research online will give you everything you need.

I'll start you off with the most obvious www.thekennelclub.org.uk

If you think i'm being a bit harsh i'm not, try turning up to a reputable breeder with no research or knowledge of the breed and see what response you will get. Also expect to go on a waiting list again for an established and popular breeder. The breeder will pick and choose who they think will be the best owners for their puppies and a large portion of that decision will be based on what research you can show you have done on the breed and what you have done in preparing to have a puppy. A reputable breeder will interview you as such to ask why should they sell you one of their puppies.

I had a list many times over for the number of Labrador puppies I had and anyone who contacted me saying nothing more than I want one can I have one was simply ignored. If you email or call a breeder enquiring after their litter be ready to sell yourself as a good prospective owner who is knowledgeable on the breed and what it takes generally in looking after any dog and that you are fully prepared to take on a puppy.

It's exactly what I had to do when I bought mine and it's exactly what I expected from the people wanting one from my litter of puppies.
What a crock of horse ****. ALL breeders are only after one thing - Money. Yes, 90% of breeders are obviously dog lovers, and want good homes for the pups, but ultimately it comes down to shifting on the puppies before they get too old to sell on at a good price. Every dog we've ever owned including my parents etc has been a pure pedigree, and not once have we been questioned or knocked back for not fitting the sellers credentials.
Old 21 July 2014, 11:43 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by classic Subaru Si
What a crock of horse ****. ALL breeders are only after one thing - Money. Yes, 90% of breeders are obviously dog lovers, and want good homes for the pups, but ultimately it comes down to shifting on the puppies before they get too old to sell on at a good price. Every dog we've ever owned including my parents etc has been a pure pedigree, and not once have we been questioned or knocked back for not fitting the sellers credentials.
Shows you know **** all so take your 'crock of horse **** comments and go **** yourself
Old 21 July 2014, 12:42 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
They're very cute dogs. I'd love a little one, but not sure if my cats would approve.
Cats love a dog round the house

It presents them with a ready made victim for when ever the fancy takes them

One of my cats took down our Springer Spaniel last year, in a proper leopard on wildebeest move. I was most impressed, MrsD was horrified, and the dog still watches her back to this day