Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gaza

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2014, 02:31 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaza

While Islam gets a very bad press, the situation in the West Bank appears to be the reverse - WTF is going on and why does Israel seem to get sway with mass murder, bombing civilian housing blocks.

IT WAS THE ISRAELIS WHO OCCUPIED THE AREA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

For some reason, the West almost turns a blind eye and blames it all on Hamas - yes they may be daring to resist but they were DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED.

I knew a pretty famous cameraman who was shot dead by an Israeli solider while holding a white flag and clearly displaying ID. Nothing ever happened to the soldier.

Absolute brain washing of the lowest order.
Old 14 July 2014, 02:46 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I don't think sending him in will help. He did nothing in the Raoul Moat situation.
Old 14 July 2014, 02:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
While Islam gets a very bad press, the situation in the West Bank appears to be the reverse - WTF is going on and why does Israel seem to get sway with mass murder, bombing civilian housing blocks.

For some reason, the West almost turns a blind eye and blames it all on Hamas - yes they may be daring to resist but they were DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED.

I knew a pretty famous cameraman who was shot dead by an Israeli solider while holding a white flag and clearly displaying ID. Nothing ever happened to the soldier.

What was the name of the cameraman?
Old 14 July 2014, 02:49 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

So long as Hamas continues to seek the destruction of Israel then Israel will continue going about the destruction of the place they call home.

Aint gonna change anytime soon !
Old 14 July 2014, 02:54 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Israel is backed up by the USA and can do what it likes. Has been that way for decades now!

They decided that three Israeli youths were killed by Hamas with no evidence to support that and the rest of the world lets them get on with indiscriminate murder!

They claim Hamas are barbaric terrorists who put no value on human life and then act exactly the same way as those they claim to despise!
Old 14 July 2014, 03:14 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There wont be any hamas for the poor palis to hide amongst at this rate

Last edited by dpb; 14 July 2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 14 July 2014, 03:31 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
What was the name of the cameraman?
James Miller.
Old 14 July 2014, 03:42 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

To be fair the Israelis have said all along that if Hamas stop firing rockets into Isreal, they will stop the air strikes. But the people who want the unrest to continue keep firing the rockets

But on the other hand the Israeli response is disproportionate in the extreme

Surely they, and the Americans, have enough surveillance assets in place to be able to track the rocket teams and deal with them accordingly, without resorting to killing dozens of innocent civilians. All that does is create a larger pool of resources for Hamas and the likes to draw from

At the end of the day, they've been kicking off in that region since practically the dawn of time, I'm pretty certain that nothing is going to happen in my lifetime to resolve things
Old 14 July 2014, 03:42 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

a growing number of Israeli soldiers see the madness, savagery and hypocrisy of it all

http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il
Old 14 July 2014, 03:44 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

James Miller.
Thanks.
Old 15 July 2014, 09:46 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Intersting article about people lined up on an Israeli hillside cheering bomb strikes and explosions the other day. Israelis in general have no sympathy for dead innocent children from what I can see they are happy ffor any Palestinians to die. the rocket thing makes me laugh, hamas fires rockets so Israel responds by killing children, logical. If Israel does not like rockets, get the **** off the land you stole from Palestinians.
Old 15 July 2014, 09:54 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

This is quite interesting too:

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/...t-palestinians

There's an FB debate going on and the level of denial from Israelis is ASTONISHING. They blame Hamas for their killing of Palestinians, the love to quote the holocaust to try and justify anything.

Interestingly if you surf and ever come across Israelis, they are by far the most arrogant, rude and downright aggressive water users in the World, beating even the Brazilians for sheer obnoxiousness.

Last edited by Matteeboy; 15 July 2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 15 July 2014, 10:43 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I can remember travelling round south Asia years ago and have never seen anything like the aggression, rudeness and violence displayed by the Israelis. They make a neo **** gang of football hooligans seem like the kind of people you invite for tea with your mother. Every one is Asia from tourists to locals in many different countries hated them.
Old 15 July 2014, 10:45 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Looks like a new cease fire is being brokered. Obviously Israel feel they have killed enough innocent women and children to atone for Hamas killing three Israeli youths even though they have no proof they actually did kill them! Meanwhile the rest of world lets them get on with it
Old 15 July 2014, 10:45 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I can remember travelling round south Asia years ago and have never seen anything like the aggression, rudeness and violence displayed by the Israelis. They make a neo **** gang of football hooligans seem like the kind of people you invite for tea with your mother. Every one is Asia from tourists to locals in many different countries hated them.
It's sort of like the hateful, spoilt school kid that gets away with everything and grasses everyone up.
Old 15 July 2014, 12:17 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

The last substantial thread on this subject harboured a similar attack on Israel and her people:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...el-thread.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=58

If similar levels of hate were to be directed towards Asian nationals I'm confident that there would be a plethora of justifiably outraged users.
Old 15 July 2014, 12:23 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

The last substantial thread on this subject harboured a similar attack on Israel and her people:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...el-thread.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=58

If similar levels of hate were to be directed towards Asian nationals I'm confident that there would be a plethora of justifiably outraged users.
Not if said Asian nationals were killing women and children in pretty much cold blood... in fact I think the thread in here would contain 10 times the level of hate of that directed at the Israelis given that a fair proportion in here can get up in arms over a Muslim not liking the smell of bacon wafting into his apartment or the fact that Subway server halal meat in some of their outlets
Old 15 July 2014, 12:31 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Not if said Asian nationals were killing women and children in pretty much cold blood... in fact I think the thread in here would contain 10 times the level of hate of that directed at the Israelis given that a fair proportion in here can get up in arms over a Muslim not liking the smell of bacon wafting into his apartment or the fact that Subway server halal meat in some of their outlets
Is it the case then that all Afghanis can now be vilified?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28307857

ETA: unless of course it was the Pakistanis, in which case can the same be said of them? Or does it have to be state sponsored for sweeping generalisations to stand up?

Last edited by JTaylor; 15 July 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 15 July 2014, 12:37 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Is it the case then that all Afghanis can now be vilified?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28307857
Not all no. When I (as in me personally) reference Israel and criticise them I am talking about the Israeli government not the people. While I am sure a fair number of the people there agree with the action their government is taking I do wonder as to how well informed they are as to the plight of the 'other side' and how much their media biases its rhetoric to the tune of the government!
Old 15 July 2014, 12:49 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BBC News
There have been no Israeli air strikes into Gaza since the 09:00 ( 06:00 GMT) truce, but Israel says 39 rockets have been fired from Gaza into Israel after the deadline.
Don't poke the bear?
Old 15 July 2014, 12:51 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Not all no. When I (as in me personally) reference Israel and criticise them I am talking about the Israeli government not the people. While I am sure a fair number of the people there agree with the action their government is taking I do wonder as to how well informed they are as to the plight of the 'other side' and how much their media biases its rhetoric to the tune of the government!
Yet you appear to have allowed gross generalisations to go unchallenged, Chris. I just wonder whether you'd have done this had the roles been reversed i.e. a user engaged in the assassination of Palestine's national character owing to Hamas's indiscriminate attacks on Israel. I guess my point is that if one is going to be a moral arbiter then one ought to at least try to wield an even hand.

Last edited by JTaylor; 15 July 2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 15 July 2014, 01:22 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

From BBC;
"Israel has resumed its air strikes on Gaza after its brief ceasefire was met with continuing rocket fire.

Israel had earlier accepted an Egyptian truce proposal for the conflict and stopped operations on Tuesday morning.

However, the armed wing of Hamas, which controls Gaza, rejected the initiative as a "surrender".

Palestinian officials say at least 192 people have been killed by Israeli air strikes launched eight days ago to stop militants firing rockets into Israel."

This Hamas lot really aren't that bright.
Old 15 July 2014, 01:36 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

I genuinely blame religion and politics.

I honestly do. Without it those people would be able to live as friends.

Islam and Judaism are sooo close it's a shame they are always fighting.

http://www.judaism-islam.com/similar...ism-and-islam/

This is one of the reasons why i find groups like the Taliban/ISIS full of BS. Surely they should be going for Israel right now. If they did they would gain a lot of support (hmmm.... i wonder who is funding ISIS for them not to do so.... tin-hat).
Old 15 July 2014, 01:39 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Yet you appear to have allowed gross generalisations to go unchallenged, Chris. I just wonder whether you'd have done this had the roles been reversed i.e. a user engaged in the assassination of Palestine's national character owing to Hamas's indiscriminate attacks on Israel. I guess my point is that if one is going to be a moral arbiter then one ought to at least try to wield an even hand.
Fair comment James, we all have our little 'crusades' I guess... bad choice of expression there

In my defence I didn't read all the comments as have been a bit busy on the Butler-Sloss thread.
Old 15 July 2014, 01:42 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Fair comment James, we all have our little 'crusades' I guess... bad choice of expression there

In my defence I didn't read all the comments as have been a bit busy on the Butler-Sloss thread.
Old 16 July 2014, 11:56 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Israel certainly isn't perfect, but for some reason has the spotlight on it all the time and is held to an impossible standards which isn't demanded of its enemies.

It's not the only country involved in a conflict and which is claimed to 'occupy' land which isn't its own. Hell, show me land which doesn't have a contended history.
Old 16 July 2014, 12:15 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You mentioned "land" and "occupy". Please O'Lord don't let this turn into another landlord/property thread.
Old 16 July 2014, 01:07 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Israel certainly isn't perfect, but for some reason has the spotlight on it all the time and is held to an impossible standards which isn't demanded of its enemies.

It's not the only country involved in a conflict and which is claimed to 'occupy' land which isn't its own. Hell, show me land which doesn't have a contended history.
I think the reason why the spotlight in on Israel so much comes down to the drastic disparity in military capability and the number of deaths involved.

When Hamas fire rockets into Israel if they hit there intended target its more by luck than better judgement, even more so if they actually kill someone. Where as Israel is using precision air strikes which kill far more people than anything Hamas could hope to manage.
Old 16 July 2014, 01:10 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

and that Gaza is a facsimile of the Warsaw Ghetto
Old 16 July 2014, 10:06 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The Israeli must be pretty stupid as well,

They're not wining hearts and minds

- i guess the top man's position is under threat

Last edited by dpb; 16 July 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Gaza