Notices
Non Car Related Items For sale This forum contains only non car related items for sale by our members.

Artwork

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2011, 08:50 PM
Craigemaim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artwork

New Venture!!!
Thinking of starting a business in artwork, including wall murals and pencil drawing. I have drawn a few samples to show what I'm capable of (these can be seen in my user profile as artwork )!!! also thinking of drawing pictures for the petrolheads (like myself!!) as requested ie. Personal cars, rally scenes, etc...
Also does anyone have any ideas how much I could charge, or you would be prepared to pay, for this type of artwork?

Anyone interested ?
Old 23 October 2011, 10:29 PM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

Unsure, they are nice, could be improved on, and people may give a small token for time etc although compared to local artists I know then to charge good money will require alot of man hours to get it real crisp.

Just for reference COB on here is **** hot and im an artist too but for own, family pleasure etc but to get this level of skill I respect loads!! To make a business out of it and do it justice dont think will make anything worthwhile.

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-the-wait.html

Now the above people will pay for, and have as others have given him commissions etc, just unsure on the few examples you put up show off you well enough so may be worth posting some other completed work.

HTH and take my words as constructive rather then negative. Keep it up though!!
Old 24 October 2011, 08:48 AM
Craigemaim
Scooby Regular

I never classed myself as an artist!!
As for my sketches, they were done to pass time whilst on standby in work - on my lap, no table!!! how many others could do that!!
Old 24 October 2011, 09:20 AM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

No offence but you came stating you wanted a new business venture in artwork. . . thus being labelled an artist surely? If they are just sketches then as mentioned dont really show off what you may be offering so be worth putting up some finished pieces as mentioned specially if wanting to make money.

Also as for no table or quick sketch etc. . . you ever been to an art exhibition? Art school? Tattoo shop heck even the streets? You see people with amazing skills knocking out piece after piece of some proper wall hanging quality in a few minutes on scrap paper so give them a few hours in a studio you know the end results will be superb. See what they charge for commissions then suddenly there may be no money to make.

IMO obviously. As said constructive word not negative. As an 'artist' you need to get use to them im afraid.

Oh and for the record. . definition of artist.

art·ist/ˈärtist/
Noun:
A person who produces paintings or drawings as a profession or hobby.
A person who practices any of the various creative arts, such as a sculptor, novelist, poet, or filmmaker.

Old 24 October 2011, 10:55 AM
Craigemaim
Scooby Regular

"THINKING OF STARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

nice to see you have time to consult a dictionary for definitions, some of us have full time jobs to go to!!!!
Old 24 October 2011, 11:01 AM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

Thinking of starting. Which is why I have tried to advise you of things to show your skills more? Create a better portfolio of your work rather than a few sketches.

Not getting into an debate. Just a subject I know about this trying to help. After years of art college etc know lots of artist who sell their work only a few successfully so wish you the best.

Oh and thank you I do have a nice full time job that's rewarding in lots of ways.

Last edited by scotty_b; 24 October 2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 24 October 2011, 12:16 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Craigemaim
I have drawn a few samples to show what I'm capable of (these can be seen in my user profile as artwork )!!!
Originally Posted by Craigemaim
As for my sketches, they were done to pass time whilst on standby in work - on my lap, no table!!! how many others could do that!!
You are in the for sale section and you state you have some samples if people want to give you a commission?

I have some professional artists in my company and they mostly do sketch work on their lap as they do graphical recording of business meetings.