Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Newbie, with questions, not sure where to post though!

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2013, 04:14 PM
ianboom
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, with questions, not sure where to post though!

Hi!

After a bit of advice.

I work 5 miles from home. I had a company van until September, but it was taken off me and I had to use my '53 plate Audi TT V6 for commuting. Unfortunately, as the weather got colder, the car never got warm and the variable servicing dropped from due in 8000 miles to 3000 miles in the space of a month

So, I sold it and have been using my wife's old Clio 182 sport (replaced by a 197) ever since. The Clio is great, but I get bored of cars quickly and have the itch for something new.

Looked at a Skyline, but the model I want (R33) is a 2.5litre and won't get warm!

Thought about an MX5, as it's a really good car, but it's too normal.

So, thought about a scooby. My brother had a classic 2000 turbo (which was sold with bad piston slap).

I've been looking around and reckon a bug eye WRX or slightly later with highish mileage may be a possibility. I don't want anything too mint or expensive as it'll spend all day on a supermarket car park and I do approx 5000 miles a year.

Question is, does the WRX get warm this time of year within 5 miles, any buying useful advice?

Thanks, Ian.