Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Watch out, Pikey's about!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2008, 04:09 PM
RSLEG1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Watch out, Pikey's about!!

Just a general warning for anyone living in Northampton, close to Swan Valley junction 15a. It seems a large gathering of "travellers" have landed in the Pineham park area. They're mostly in new mercs' with fancy new caravans on tow, but they also have the usual transit vans for dubious activities!!

So beware!
Old 27 May 2008, 01:36 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

come on you can't call them pikeys, its not politicly correct.

tax dodging, good for nothing trouble makers is the correct term thank you very much
Old 06 June 2008, 05:29 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

u lot are rude...lol im from northants, my missus is half traveller, but obv grew up with her mum who isnt, her brother and sisters dad is a traveller, he lives in desboro area, bird n her family live here in wellinboro... but have u know, "pikeys" are actually fully born and bred "Irish", from ireland, travellers here are most the time raised and born in the uk, therefore not pikeys. the are robbing *******s tho, lol. but i did grow up with one at school, whos father owns a site near raunds/kettering way, and theyre the most polite and helpful bunch ive ever met, not ALL are ****s....most northampton way are though id say! lol

Ash
Old 09 June 2008, 01:24 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i might add, not all traveller/pikies are law breakers.

i went to lemans couple of years back, after the race as folks started to leve the pikeys came raiding bins and what had been left behind. they only went to bins where people had left, and if they thought folks were still at the specific camp site they asked if they could take stuff from the bins (some deck chairs etc etc) one even managed to geta crate of beers in exchagne for half a bag of charcol he had got whcih had been left, think next door wanted a bbq but had none, but did have loads of beer (if that makes sence) lol
Old 09 June 2008, 11:09 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i went le mans and the pikeys picked up my mate tent and nicked everything he had.i still went back 5 years running (not this year )
Old 10 June 2008, 12:26 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

not ALL are c*****..jus the ones that completely take the **** and just dont give a f*** which are the ones i hate... but some are ok. what surprises me the most about some are the ones that go about their business or whatever and they think its ok, like some here come for scrap, but they wont ask, theyll just pick stuff up from ur garden thats left there, or the classic where they come up to ur house and uv got a car ur ready to scrap urself, and they offer u a tenner for it...dont think so matey!! £80 a ton for scrap i aint lettin u have this for a tenner, lol. never really had trouble with them tho, used to work at mcdonalds when i left skool n some would come in and make an absolute mess and wouldnt leave when the store shut at 11, right nightmare, plus some that come in the bowling alley late before it closes and they just start goin up to random closed lanes picking up the ***** and playing! felt well sorry for the staff
Old 10 June 2008, 01:30 AM
as355f1
Scooby Regular

I wonder if they might lay me a bit of taaaarmac
Old 11 June 2008, 01:28 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

lol. i used to work with my mate who's a traveller doing that, hes probably the most honest one i know and to talk to him ud never guess. done some well nice work with him, which led me to be able to do it myself, piece o ****! a tip if u get a qoute for a block paved driveway, ask them to quote u by the square metre, rather than just tell u a ballpark figure....now their labour,materials, and a reasonable working profit, should have a good job done for NO more than £50 a square metre, £30-£40 is a good bargain, providing they dig it out and fill it right! ive seen loads of driveways we had to redo because someone before did a shoddy job, its easier to do it properly than cowboy it, and the customers are better pleased and they last longer

god i need sleep....lol