Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

RIP ALAN HARRISON

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2007, 09:56 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIP ALAN HARRISON

I was very sad to hear about a freind of whom used to come to our meets at meriden died yesterday from is long term illness it has took me till now to get the go ahead to put this post up as i didnt want to do this of my own back.

Alan was a great family man who loved his cars, his sti come up for sale and i purchased it 4 months or so ago he got the sti to a great spec after owning it for over 7 years and had to stop due to health reasons, This is the first car i have kept as alot of you will know so i could get it to the standard he wanted,The car was only finnished last week i was planning on taking the car back to alan to take him out to show him how is pride and joy and hard work was doing and see how he was. I would like to say many thanks for giving me this opurtunity and to say my thoughts are with his family..

RIP Alan harrison
From us all at (SCCE)
Old 27 September 2007, 03:04 PM
---SuicideRenton---
Scooby Regular

RIP Alan, you will be sadly missed. Thoughts are with your family.

Renton
Old 29 September 2007, 08:26 AM
NM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Very very sad news as I have known Alan for many years and watched him develop his bog standard MY98 Sti into the 2.5 monster it is today. He was the first person I knew who took the dive into the 2.5 route searching for more power and torque. He was a kind, quiet and caring man with a passion for fast cars and automotive exotica. He had spent a lot of money and time getting the car to where it was when Mark bought it. The only thing that stopped him getting it to where Mark has it now was a 4yr battle with Cancer. During this time Alan and his wife were made redundant from Marconi while many operations saw him lose his spleen, stomach and 1/2 his oesophagus. Alan had a lot of problems keeping food down during this time and described himself as to looking like an ant as he had lost so much weight. He had got to a stage where he could no longer take any more chemotherapy and even had a scan involving the injection of a radio active substance into his body where he was informed not to go anywhere near chilren or old people for a few days . Alan was slowly getting back on his feet and looking for a quiet life retiring in Cornwall with his wife. To help him to live he was forced to sell his beloved Impreza in the summer of 2007. Soon after he started getting pains in his back. The resulting scan showed that the cancer had returned and 2 tumors had eaten there way into vital organs preventing him from the simple things like eating, the Drs gave him only a few weeks to live.

A very sad day to hear the loss of such a great friend and Subaru enthusiast. He wasnt one to brag and boast about his car but let his car do the talking for him. A great guy and a dear friend who will be sadly missed.

RIP Alan
Old 29 September 2007, 10:17 AM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

Default RIP

RIP Alan , A great loss and he will be truelly missed by all SCCE members and His family , to a great bloke . .. WAZ
Old 29 September 2007, 10:42 AM
Non +Plus Member
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

RIP Alan.... a truly sad story to read!

Thoughts are with family & friends...
Old 30 September 2007, 10:52 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

I've shocked and saddened to hear this.

RIP Alan.
Old 02 October 2007, 10:44 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Are we doing anything special for Alan?
Old 02 October 2007, 10:47 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Default yes

Im just waiting to hear from his family or neil for funnerall date but im sure we can do some kind of drive out for him any suggestions would be great ..
Old 03 October 2007, 06:14 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Scooby convoy to the funeral maybe???????
Old 04 October 2007, 10:10 AM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Default Pic of alan

As above pic of alan when he was at 1 of our meets at meriden he will be missed ..

Old 08 October 2007, 02:42 PM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.

Alan had been a very good friend of ours here for many years, and was far more than just a customer.
I went to the funeral on Friday which I estimate there must have been around 100 people in attendance.

I didn't know his family, but without doubt their loss is far greater than can be imagined, especially since he'd seemingly been on the road to recovery.

Mike