Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Scooby Ball - Woohoo :)

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2001, 11:46 AM
Bagpus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would just like to thank Salsa king and Trouser for an absolutely fantastic night, last night at the ball. It was brilliant to meet so many nice people who all have the passion for scoobys!

I hope Logiclee gets better soon, and thanks very much for our drinks.

I feel a bit worse for wear today, and unfortunately I am off to work now, bummer!

Hope to see you all soon, and look forward to seeing the photos on scoobynet.

Bagpus and Simon X
Old 25 November 2001, 12:29 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi Bagpuss, sorry I didn't get to chat to you and Simon

Can't believe my bad luck.

I'd been feeling dodgy since Friday and on Saturday I felt very poorly but made the effort to get to the Ball. I thought I could get through it but after trying a bit to eat I had to retire for a lie down.

I feel a bit dizzy this morning but I haven't had anything to eat for nearly 48 hours.

Spoke to Chris (Mellow Yellow) at breakfast and he said it was a top night, wish I could have made it through.

I had managed to drop to sleep around midnight but my sleep was disturbed by the Dancin Scoobydoo . Phil, what do the neighbours think? LOL

Glad you all enjoyed it; I now can't wait for the next one. I think that was possibly the nicest steak I couldn't eat.

salsa-king and Trouser kindly offered to look after Lorraine for the rest of the night so I locked her in the bedroom.

Finally,
Thanks to Phil and Paul for putting in all the effort and to Graham and Sue for being concerned about me and looking after Lorraine when I disappeared.

Lee
Old 25 November 2001, 01:52 PM
simonburton
Scooby Regular

Another thank you to Paul and Phil, for all of the hard work that went into organising last night.

Also, thanks alot Phil for the Fluffy Dice - a great mod for the car - not sure how they will affect performance though - road test planned this afternoon!!!

Glad to hear that you are up and about Lee and feeling a little better; hope to see you again soon.

Great to meet so many new people. See you all again soon.

simon
Old 25 November 2001, 02:04 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Just back....phew... the M1 North was dreadful, lack of power in Lesley's Focus didn't go unoticed by me

Just to reiterate before me really, a fantastic day and evening for us, a great big thankyou to Phil, Paul and all concerned, it's going to be a hard act to follow for the next one Great to put faces to names and to meet friends existing and new

Great banter after the dinner by Phil and us all, after sneaking out of my room at 4.00am with a torch I can safely say that my car's far more modded than Simon's and that's without me new set of dices ( that deffo have more spots on them )

A big thankyou from Les for the flowers from everyone, first time in a while she's been speechless, very much appreciated.

Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this Lee, unfortunate timing to say the least eh !

We for two will be looking forward to the next journey down for our next "get-together", in the meantime thanks once again and see you all soon.

Chris & Lesley

Old 25 November 2001, 06:36 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking

such a top nite!!!!
i pleased that EVERYONE enjoyed themselves!!!
i got to back at just after 2am.......its a shame the music had to stop at midnight, Tom Jones finished the night off well i thought the drinking carried on long after that though.

That Chuckster is such a party pooper, backing out last minute!!!! at least his Twin Brother enjoyed it! it was 40mins into the Disco b4 anyone else had a chance to get on the dance floor...think his dancing is a bit Cuban Style (ie, using all the dance floor).

My didn't we all look smart????? the Laydees excelled themselves, the Guys not dad either.
Its a shame that DrEvil let us down! he said it only took him 30mins to pick his DJ-Suit and my it showed!!! where as Millie took all day (according to Alex) but she looked stunning

Trouser did a exceptional job of mixing the tunes giving us all a bit of everythingto dance to, cheers m8

Logiclee
hope your feeling better now, its such a shame you missed the best part of the nite.........me singing Delilah in Acapulco
it was very generus of you to buy us all a drink, there was no need!! sorry my LOUD car woke you up

Lesley
I'm glad you had a Great Birthday, i had said to Chris i would keep it low key for you, not wanting to make to much fuss.

Can't wait to see some pix
hope nothing incriminating though!!!

Phil
Old 25 November 2001, 07:45 PM
Trout...
Scooby Regular

Talking

I have sixty odd pictures which I will post when I get a chance.

Currently feeling worse for wear - the posh bedroom had a very big mirror on the bed so it needed a test drive

Top night, top food, bluddy awful singer (), top tunes, top dancers, top speech, completely top laydees, top hotel, top room, top sore head this morning, in fact the only thing not top was the stupid woman on reception this morning. Serious attitude adjustment needed.

Thanks to Phil for organising, thanks to Dr Evil for persuading me to come.

Trout

PS The Southerners table was a bit more rockin' than the Northerners - a bit of a surprise

PS Went to Donington on the way back home - it was very, very wet! Some very nice cars tho' including a tricked up STi 7 being driven rather slowly
Old 25 November 2001, 08:20 PM
Trout...
Scooby Regular

Also will be posting more in members gallery...

Cheers,

Trout
Old 26 November 2001, 09:00 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

(I'd say more but I'm quiet and reserved)
Regards,
Chucks twin brother

[Edited by chuckster - 11/26/2001 9:07:08 AM]
Old 26 November 2001, 10:15 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Salsa - yaow cheeky get! What was wrong with me charlie chaplin DJ?

Seriously though, big thanks to Salsa specifically for organising such a top night.. and Trouser for the music. Milly and I had a great time!

Nice to meet Mellow, SimonB, KevinW, CJ and others. I think CJ and I shared the same feeling of "how did I get to my hotel room last night?" and chuck, well, I think enuff has been said

Hope to see you all again soon,

Alex
Old 26 November 2001, 01:33 PM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Cool

PICS IN THE GALLERY KIDS!!!!!!!
Old 26 November 2001, 05:03 PM
Ted Ed
Scooby Regular

Talking

Big Thanks from TedEd & Paula for the fab evening
Really enjoyed it.
Thanks to Salsa King for the organisation and Tall Paul Trouser DJ for the tunes.

Simon
Old 27 November 2001, 06:44 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Cool

no probelm Simon, i liked doing it!

Phil