Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Tour of Derbyshire - Top Day

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2001, 07:24 PM
ChrisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks to Mr Whiskey and Scoobabe for putting the time and effort into organising us another top day out.

Usual high standards of driving - PC Plod in his ickle Astra followed us for 10 minutes or so and then gave up to find something more interesting

Excellent company - good to see the usual folks and meet a few more new people.

For a muppet , Bob.T can't half pedal that Fezzy around the lanes.

Thanks all,

ChrisB.
Old 07 October 2001, 07:53 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Evenin

What a day

Pulled onto the sliproad only to find the rest of the northen contingent alongside on the m/way Chased a Ferrari 355 ( I let him go after showing him the awesome power of the Fiesta ) then had a low level flypast from Mellow in his awesome sounding P1 Then got lost, sorry guys All that <I>before</I> the meet

What a route though, hats off to Charlie whiskie and Amanda, ta

I think I showed the Scoobs how to go on, <I>again</I> and I managed to pick a wheel up on one the hairpins apparently, cool

The drive back up the M/way was...interesting, a little damp

Bob

PS Lizz, your car sounds excelent different to the rest somehow??
Old 07 October 2001, 07:54 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one Chris and Amanda, a lot of hard work,time and your own finances have again gone into another excellent planned day, you even seem to lay on the totty for moi
Even the weather made it more interesting, great pubs, food etc....and good to see more new faces, although not as good looking as mine of course
Looks like it's over to you Mr & Mrs Craft for the next Dales run
Old 07 October 2001, 08:25 PM
M_D_B
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Not much too add really ,
Thanks Chris, thanks Amanda.
Martin.
Old 07 October 2001, 08:51 PM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Cool

Glad you enjoyed it.

Its amazing, the roads all seemed 'new to me' despite having done the route in various guises 4 times before...where were you Chelle

Good to see the regulars as well as a good turn out of new people.

Looking forward to seeing you up at the Dales for Heather and Graham's bash
Old 07 October 2001, 09:05 PM
Kev S
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks CharlieWhiskey and Scobabe for a fantastic day. My first and can't wait for the next.

The roads were excellent, dry morning and wet in the afternoon to make it interesting. I live in Derbyshire but haven't even ventured on most of them.

The Volvo driver was a laugh, tried to hold back 4 of us and a Clio172jon&niel, (Slider, Gridlock Mikey, Trouser, Me and Clio172jon&niel). The power of the Scoobs overcome him, or was it just stupidity? Clio - you keep up well matey.

I even managed some how to be first back at the Peacock after our group got split up.

Roll on the Next one Guys.

Kev S
Old 07 October 2001, 11:16 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers CW & scoobabe for an excellent day out!

Nice sociable event - and some cracking roads. Shame about the odd bit of (inevitable) traffic, but that just added to the entertainment....as did salsa's attempt to become familiar with every sheep he met on the way (baa!).

And as for the Skoda......it kept up very well - shall have to try harder next time!

Cheers,

Dave & Rachael.
Old 07 October 2001, 11:53 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Just a quick thank you to everyone I met today, and to the fortunate few that avoided me, for making another excellent day despite the weather.

Especially to Bob for keeping an eye on his rear view mirror to ensure I didn't get washed away in the monsoon (NOT) when heading for home!

Moment of the day: excluding the varied contributions from Scoobabe , The guy in the Lexus 400 who looked in his mirror and virtually ditched the motor in order to let us past. I didn't relalise a human jaw could drop so far!

P.S. Can we find someone prepared to travel with me? I'm developing a (yellow) complex.

B

Old 08 October 2001, 07:05 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ScooBabe:
<B>Glad you enjoyed it.

Its amazing, the roads all seemed 'new to me' despite having done the route in various guises 4 times before...where were you Chelle

Good to see the regulars as well as a good turn out of new people.

Looking forward to seeing you up at the Dales for Heather and Graham's bash [/quote]

I was not very well Amanda

Doing too much with regards to work.

Really, really sorry I didn't come, I was looking forward to paxing......
Old 08 October 2001, 07:50 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by banshi:
<B>

Moment of the day: excluding the varied contributions from Scoobabe

P.S. Can we find someone prepared to travel with me? I'm developing a (yellow) complex.

B

[/quote]

I'll come with you Banshi You need a good navigator!

Must admit tho, its the first meet I have acually driven on, and it does beat just sitting there admiring the driver

Definately need a passenger tho', like to have a laugh and a bit of chat...difficult to do that thru those walkie talkie things...so anyone who's up for that in the future...

Hey, cheeky, I was only making a quick detour for petrol

Sorry to hear you weren't well Michelle...and all the lovely navigators I turned down for you

If we organise another together Chris, I will practice the run before hand just in case I am on my own again. Thanks a lot you were and are a big star

Amadna

Old 08 October 2001, 08:18 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks to everyone, and in particular Chis and Amanda, for a great day. Lovvely roads and nice views to admire - especially the afternoon on the "Salsa-King Economy Run" . DaveD, OK by me just as long as it ain't wet!
Thank you for putting up with / tolerating an interloping Skoda!
Old 08 October 2001, 08:26 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

First ov all, big it up for Charlie and Amanda

Brilliant do chaps, what wiv coffee AND cream

Mellow wasn't quite sure how to deal with all that posh stuff

Moment of the meet: Watching mellow have a "few" moments whilst trying to loose me

Trouser, you should tell a few folks about THAT Astra

Brilliant day. Cya all again soon.

MIKEY

Need to follow BOB.T on the next one, see what all the fuss is about
Old 08 October 2001, 09:16 AM
172jon
Scooby Regular

Cool

BIG thanks to Charlie Whiskey & Amanda for their time & effort in putting together a great day out for us all. I can't wait for the next one!
Thanks also to Neil for a top bit of co-driving (or should that be co-piloting?!) & thanks to Mellow for a great drive in the morning. It's a shame the weather didn't hold out for the afternoon.
I'd also like to offer my appologies to the friends & family of a certain pheasant which decided to have a very close look at the front of Mellow's P1 before flying off into a hedge!
Hope to see you all soon.

Cheers

Jon*

*Now with added Va Va Voom
Old 08 October 2001, 09:41 AM
detheridge02
Scooby Regular

A huge thanks to Chris and Amanda for a brilliant day and an excellent introduction on how to use a scoob properly

Thanks to everyone who had a look at my rapidly dying brakes at the pub. Managed to limp back to my girlfriends then home Got some new pads and discs arriving tommorow so I'll be ready in force for the Dales run.

Mr Clio, own up, what HAVE you got under that bonnet!!
Old 08 October 2001, 09:47 AM
172jon
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by detheridge02:

Mr Clio, own up, what HAVE you got under that bonnet!![/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a 1.2 16v, pushing out a monumental 72bhp!
Old 08 October 2001, 12:03 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ScooBabe:
<B>Glad you enjoyed it.

[/quote]

Oh Amanda!
I'm sure I saw a "virtual" Chelle, or was it just a hologram. How else would you have navigated the route with inch perfect accuracy
I thought it superbly complemented her "virtual" Scooby.
Old 08 October 2001, 12:04 PM
super slider
Scooby Regular

thanks very much to Charlie Whisky and Scoobabe for all the effort they put in to create another top route. good to see the regulars and some new faces.
thankyou also to all those who contributed to the raffle. £27 is on its way to the Imperial Cancer Research Fund. so far a total of £147 has been collected towards charity. thankyou again to all those who contributed.
Michael
Old 08 October 2001, 03:11 PM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Cool

My thankyou speech...

CW and Scoobabe for what MUST have been a lot of hard, hard work to make that as good as it was! Cheers guys

Mellow for setting a "moderately brisk" pace for the poor ickle Trouser Express to try and live with

Mikey, for somehow finding the rest of the group when us two were a tad lost. Ta!

Salsa King.... well just cos he's funny

All of you.. for some pleasant company

and last but not least, the very nice copper, who pulled me over and then let me off for.....

1. 62 in a 50
2. Illegal number plate
3. Slightly illegal exhaust
4. Foglights on!.. Doh!

... with a stern face, wag of the finger and an instruction to "stop showing off.. and disappear!".. and thats it!

Gets my vote, Cheers mate!

Trouser

PS.. maybe I just have an honest face??
Old 08 October 2001, 03:57 PM
Lizzywizz
Scooby Regular

Chris & Amanda, thanks for a really brilliant day, the route was excellent, and those roads up on the moors were great - perhaps I should explore my own county a bit more!

Thanks to everyone who let me join in their groups after going astray (definitely need a navigator next time!)......think I managed four different groups in all, one consisting of just Jon172 and Mellow...... needless to say I wasn't with them for long!!

Bob T,

P.S Lizz, your car sounds excelent different to the rest somehow??[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment Bob! I'd better keep quite about what I've done to it if I'm going to stay different then!!

Lizzy

Old 08 October 2001, 05:07 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Soz

Jza
Old 08 October 2001, 06:33 PM
GreenMachine
Scooby Regular

Cool

Many thanks to CW & co for organising a top day out.

This was our first trip out with the Sccobynetters and we had a great time.

Despite a few squeeks from the Mrs, we managed to get around in one piece. I perhaps ought not try to keep up with Mr Slider again tho, til I have had a bit more practise!

It was great to meet some of you guys and I hope we can do it again soon

Was interested to discover that you can get "anthracite" alloys on a Skoda by simply not washing them for a couple of weeks!

Cheers, David & Vix
Old 08 October 2001, 07:22 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thank's again for an excellent day out, fantastic roads and company. Amazed the weather stayed ok for most of the run as well

Thanks to everyone in the group we were leading, although we went wrong a couple of times due to having a good chin wag and having to fiddle with the video, I'm pretty sure we all gave Bob a run for his money

Bob, there's someone near us selling a Robin Reliant, maybe you could get it, and then you could go round corners on 2 wheels.... far more respect in our eyes

See ya all soon...Mr&Mrs CRAFT

Old 08 October 2001, 07:30 PM
172jon
Scooby Regular

Talking

I know some of you have had this e-mailed already, but for the rest of you...
Old 08 October 2001, 08:11 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

I'd like to echo all the thanks and praise everyone else has posted. It was a great day.

We had a fair few brown trouser moments trying to match the pace of Chris W in is Turbo. Main ones being decending 5 meters in 2 feet and bottoming our the front suspension!, and when a nice gent in a rover 75 decided to pull out in front of us, with Salsa not far behind he he. (why do rover name their cars after the age group driving them? &lt;JOKE&gt; )

I now have a good shopping list of what I need for my car before the next meet; Scoobysport back box or similar, better brakes, and some more stickers from Salsa!

Thanks

Old 08 October 2001, 08:57 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by banshi:
<B>

Especially to Bob for keeping an eye on his rear view mirror to ensure I didn't get washed away in the monsoon (NOT) when heading for home!

[/quote]

You were following me

Sorry, I'll pay more attention next time

Bob

Old 08 October 2001, 09:00 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Gridlock Mikey:
<B>

Need to follow BOB.T on the next one, see what all the fuss is about [/quote]

Well at least you got the "follow" bit right, there's no way you'll out do the awesome power that is the Fiesta

Bob
Old 08 October 2001, 09:03 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Hey, Craft, two wheels you say,hmmm? How much is it?? It's gonna need a slippy diff, castors on the wing edges..... I think we can work with that

bob
Old 08 October 2001, 09:22 PM
neil@wrx
Scooby Regular

ALL
Thanks for a grate day and some top roads
thanks to Jon172 for the ride I had my head down in the sick bag when he tried to get wheel lift lookers like he did but two come on pushing a bit to hard the car is to new for tricks like that (so when are we jumping the river seven)
NEIL
Old 08 October 2001, 09:38 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Was this the first Musical Meet.

When the music stops change groups??
Old 08 October 2001, 10:21 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Trouser:
<B>

and last but not least, the very nice copper, who pulled me over and then let me off for.....

Trouser
[/quote]

Edited in case our the Politically Correct Anti Run Lobby are unable to distinguish between simple banter and a statement of fact

[This message has been edited by banshi (edited 10 October 2001).]

Quick Reply: Tour of Derbyshire - Top Day