Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Warning - A446 between Bassetts Pole and the Belfry!

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2004, 06:28 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Warning - A446 between Bassetts Pole and the Belfry!

It seems as though Warwickshire Police have finally managed to catch every single burglar, robber and mugger - leaving them to concentrate on that most serious of crimes - SPEEDING

There are now two new cameras on that A446 stretch

First is a Truvelo (thus no radar or flash) on the downhill section Southbound towards Langley Mill. It's a pretty substantial installation too, with 50 yards of high-strength crash barrier protecting it - so it must have cost a few bob!

Then there is a normal Gatso, directly opposite the entrance to the Belfry.

The entire road is also peppered with VASCAR marks (white squares), so there may be unmarked plod or even choppers in use as well.

Oh, and take extra care around the turn-off for Middleton, as they are building a fully kerbed central refuge, rather than the old "ghost island" before. I bet it won't be too long before someone ends up driving stright through it and taking off a large proportion of the underside of their vehicle

mb

p.s. What is it about the 44* roads
Old 09 April 2004, 07:34 PM
p555 cms
Scooby Newbie

Default talkin about all the 44's theres 55's to

thanks for mentioning it, i drive a truck and know most speed cameras round the county, but i havent seen the ones on the a446 yet but did manage to get caught by the ones on the a556 near plumley cheshire they are in a 60mph limit. but on a dual carridgway with no central reservation a trucks max speed limit is 40, as i found out in the minor details of the highway code "AFTERWARDS " so all beware speed cameras have multi vehicle speed detection capability YES!
Old 12 April 2004, 06:12 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Well the Truvelo "safety camera" proved it's worth on Saturday as the car in front of me "panic braked" down to a near stand-still (in a 60mph NSL zone) after seeing the new device.

But don't worry - there is a school full of 'ickle children only five miles away - so job done

mb
Old 08 May 2004, 12:00 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Well here is a picture of one of the cameras, courtesy of the ABD

I drove past it Northbound last night, and every car travelling Southbound (towards the camera) was hitting their brakes. This "safety camera" is going to do far more harm than good

mb