Smile

GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT !!!!
Just got in got to go back out again
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 20 August 2003, 10:47 PM
scottste
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back home now, the P1 is everthing I had expected from it. I'm not afraid to modify this car if I can. At the oment I dont feel that I need to as its giving m everthing that I need its quick and responsive. But any of you scooby fans out there I'd be grateful on any advice on modifications I can do on this car who has done what to their P1s or any other scooby that might suit the P1.
Cheers
Old 20 August 2003, 11:26 PM
blitzboy1
Scooby Regular

Hi scottste! Glad you like the car, i knew you would anyway lol. As far as mods are concerned just helping it to breathe is a good start i.e. air filter or full induction kit and full exhaust system but make sure you get it set up on a rolling road as its like a mild tune you see.

Hope to see you at the next meet and have a chat bout the motor but can you turn up in the P1 and not the vectra, not that the vectra aint a nice motor, im sure it serve's a purpose lol, only kidding buddy but i look forward 2 seeing the P1.

C ya soon.

Blitz.
Old 21 August 2003, 02:44 AM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Glad you like the motor mate . Be good to see local P1 about.Will look out 4 u .

Steve
Old 21 August 2003, 08:00 AM
scottste
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice Blitz, intend to take it to a rolling road before I do anything. I know theres a rolling road in shrewsbury (shropshire automotives) where do you guyz go ?

Steve, have you had any mods to yours and were did you get them done ?

About the veccy ! Its a nice car but after driving the P1 theres absolutely no comparison !!

Up early this morning and back out !!
Old 21 August 2003, 09:59 AM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

No mods yet mate. YHM
Old 21 August 2003, 01:00 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

alright m8y there's a couple of P1 owners at the Cov area meets sum more of a modding nature than others but feel free to join the Cov massive & get educated lol
Si
Old 21 August 2003, 08:03 PM
jag_h
Scooby Regular

where do the cov meets take place? Alvis or sum place else?
Old 21 August 2003, 09:11 PM
scottste
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

cheers Scoobi Si,
let us know where and when and I will be glad to come along
Old 21 August 2003, 09:18 PM
Oatcake
Scooby Regular

Smile

Scottste,

Glad to see you like the scoob m8y, P1 cracking choice if i may say so.
One thing to get used to now m8 is a empty wallet! lol, but at least you'll be smiling.

oatcake
Old 21 August 2003, 09:19 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well there's a kinda last meet un that many of the Cov types will frequent as per this link the Cov massive also going to trax at silverstone & there's plans afoot for a trip to santa pod on the 14th..... Just click on the midlands section that this thread is in & u will see the threads in question
Si

edited kuz i ***** up the link

[Edited by scooby_si - 8/21/2003 9:20:43 PM]
Old 21 August 2003, 09:20 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

FYI the clicky link above is for a meet in Leicester this Sunday
Si
Old 21 August 2003, 09:40 PM
scottste
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Scooby Si - cu in Leicester on Sunday!!
Anyone esle going from this area maybe we can meet up and go in convoy.

Oatcake - yes it has emptied me wallet but I havent stopped grinning since I got it ! the mrs has trouble keeping me in ! On my 2nd tank of petrol and thats nearly empty, going out all day again tomorrow.
Old 21 August 2003, 11:18 PM
blitzboy1
Scooby Regular

You know you love it though.
Old 27 August 2003, 10:42 PM
scottste
Scooby Regular

Talking

Had my P1 7 days now, went to silverstone today !! loved it. First time out on the track I must have been a bit nervous. I was all ready for the next time out and the key fob wouldnt work and therefore the engine was immobilised !! I missed two races over this and it almost ruined my day. It appears to have been down to interference from the track masts. Has anyone else experienced this problem ? Soon as I left the area it was fine again !
Anyway managed to overcome the problem long enough to get back out for the afternoon sesion, things were going a lot better now seem to be overtaking everything, but having problems with tyres doing lots of sreeching and sliding round corners, must admit I understeered and oversteered on a couple of occasions.

I waited for a TVR Tuscan to go through the bends it was going really slow! A few of the lads complained about him, 1 lad in a subaru and a bloke in an EVO V111. The EVO said the TVR was going so slow through the corners that he nearly hit him ! When TVR got onto the straight he put his foot down. So after listening to the other lads I waited for him to go through a number of bends hassled him right up his backside and when he got to the straight I floored it and he was pissed off !!

Anyway I've gone on enough you will be pleased to know the EVO VIII started 4 cars in front and I thought great something to follow. To be honest I think his bottle went on some of the bends, I floored it passed him and he chased me for 3 laps. He did well everything I passed he passed too, but he could get passed me! At the end he told my mrs he wished he had bought a P1 instead !! photo to follow.....
Old 28 August 2003, 12:57 AM
blitzboy1
Scooby Regular

Nice 1 scottste! Sounds like you had a great time at silverstone, great fun to be had there. Glad to hear you showed the EVO IIIV a thing or 2, i look forward to seeing the pics.

Blitz.