Notices
Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club The Official Dedicated Forum For The Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club.

Advice Needed... Want To Get A New Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2013, 10:42 PM
Mattmann
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Needed... Want To Get A New Scooby

Hey guys...

I dont post here much, but I do check in every now and again

I got a 1999 UK Turbo 2000, with a ppp ECU so around 250BHP... I think the clutch is on its way out, and is slipping when hitting around 3.5K in the rev range...

I got some dosh saved up (albeit, not a lot), and looking at blob eye STi's...

My main question is, if I cannot afford a jap one, should I go for a Type UK STi?

Also, I dont really want it be standard... I'm looking maybe ~350BHP..

I guess my limit is around 8K, i could, maybe, go a little higher...

Also, the difference between the wide track (05 and onwards is it?) and the non widetrack, is that a big difference? Would I notice the difference?

Any help appreciated.. and if you know of one that might stick to these "rules", please let me know..

Thanks all,
Matt
Old 11 March 2013, 11:51 PM
b16msu265
Scooby Regular

Easy Mat, go for a jdm, and with little mods u should be hitting 340/350 on standard turbo and exhaust. Wide tracks have the dccd and rear arch and the dials are red and the centre consol is nicer than a non wide track. 8k and you should be able to find a beauty.
Old 12 March 2013, 12:07 AM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Jdm 03 sti is loaded with all the goodies except the wide track which was on 05 ..... We bought one to send it abroad. It's a reall drivers tool, quick rack dccd etc., you should get 350/370 i'd say on v power... but that varies on a cars condition etc..We got it 7.5k a year ago so 8k will find you one. The only problem is that they come up not very often, but wait till you find the right one and you wont be disapointed.... Twin scroll all the way ... my personal preference thought....
Old 12 March 2013, 10:44 AM
Mattmann
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I am really after a JDM model...

I think mantazini actually bought the one I was keeping my eye on (from Reading), but I didnt have all the cash then...

So with my car at the moment... Do you think it is worth me getting a new clutch...? I think it would be a lot of money to do, then to sell it and not make much back.. or is that just me not wanting to spend money? lol

I will text my friend as he wanted to buy it, but not sure what he will say..

BTW, it is "T Reg" 1999 UK Turbo 2000.. It has the PPP ECU, decat center pipe, some samco hoses, a boost gauge that lies lol, leathers, and air con (which I think is rare in a UK Classic), 120K on the clock, but engine on around 100K and gearbox on around 70K.. BC Coilovers and Whiteline solid ADL, plus the slipping clutch, I was thinking around a grandish... but just not sure what to do...

As mentioned above, around grand, but should I spend the £400 (I'm guessing) for a new clutch?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12 March 2013, 11:37 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

I bought a nice one from reading, got the lm450 conversion on it, is that the car you are thinking of? If so and its any consolation, its hell of a tool
Old 12 March 2013, 07:38 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mattmann
Thanks, I am really after a JDM model...

I think mantazini actually bought the one I was keeping my eye on (from Reading), but I didnt have all the cash then...

So with my car at the moment... Do you think it is worth me getting a new clutch...? I think it would be a lot of money to do, then to sell it and not make much back.. or is that just me not wanting to spend money? lol

I will text my friend as he wanted to buy it, but not sure what he will say..

BTW, it is "T Reg" 1999 UK Turbo 2000.. It has the PPP ECU, decat center pipe, some samco hoses, a boost gauge that lies lol, leathers, and air con (which I think is rare in a UK Classic), 120K on the clock, but engine on around 100K and gearbox on around 70K.. BC Coilovers and Whiteline solid ADL, plus the slipping clutch, I was thinking around a grandish... but just not sure what to do...

As mentioned above, around grand, but should I spend the £400 (I'm guessing) for a new clutch?

Thanks,
Matt
Have you tried a quote from Rich at FB Tunning for the clutch as he has reasonable rates and it might give you time to look for the right car?