Notices
Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club The Official Dedicated Forum For The Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club.

PTR F1 SIMULATOR RACING

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2012, 08:44 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTR F1 SIMULATOR RACING

PTR F1 RACING

Sunday the 17th June 3.30pm

We will be driving the F3 cars as several people have requested they`d like to give them a go. They are more realistic than the F1 cars because they have less driver aids like traction control etc.

It will be a race experience plus which consists of 15 mins. practise/qualifying then 2 x 15 minute races so a total of 45 mins in the simulator.

Discounted price of £40 per driver.

This is payable by the 6th of june to secure your seat.
Paypal sales@chs-hire.co.uk. Thankyou.

Website link; http://www.puretechracing.com/

You need to bring your own headphones can be bought for as little as £1.50 in tesco`s, i pod jack plug is fine.

1. Arkwright ( simon worboys )
2. Brian ( Brian Stott )

Last edited by Arkwright; 02 May 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02 May 2012, 09:09 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

PTR F1 RACING

We will be driving the F3 cars as several people have requested they`d like to give them a go. They are more realistic than the F1 cars because they have less driver aids like traction control etc.

It will be a race experience plus which consists of 15 mins. practise/qualifying then 2 x 15 minute races so a total of 45 mins in the simulator.

You need to bring your own headphones can be bought for as little as £1.50 in tesco`s, i pod jack plug is fine.

1. Arkwright ( simon worboys )
2. Brian ( Brian Stott )
3. Robbie Stephens

Old 03 May 2012, 11:11 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

PTR F1 RACING

1. Arkwright ( simon wobbles )
2. Brian ( Brian Stott )
3. Robbie Stephens
4. AWG_STi

Old 04 May 2012, 08:30 PM
fastboyslim
Scooby Regular

1.Arkwright ( simon wobbles )
2. Brian ( Brian Stott )
3. Robbie Stephens
4. AWG_STi
5. Guy Theron ( fastboyslim )
Old 10 May 2012, 08:40 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Wasn't impresed TBH , wet nurburgring GT5 + G27 logitech wheelie in a Merc 63 AMG , much more like it.....

Old 11 May 2012, 08:57 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mantazini
Wasn't impresed TBH , wet nurburgring GT5 + G27 logitech wheelie in a Merc 63 AMG , much more like it.....

I`m guessing you couldn`t handle something as close to the real thing as this then.
It`s as close to driving a real F1 car that most of us will ever come or in this case a F3 car. It isn`t the same as sitting at home on a X box, or playstation the guys you are racing against are mostly people you know and are sitting in cars identical to yours just yards away from you. Much more fun and the atmosphere is mostly buzzing all through the session.
Old 11 May 2012, 10:17 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Having a G27 myself I still agree the PTR smashes the experience every time as there is only so much rocking of the arm chair your other half can do to simulate being in a WRC car before her arms can't take anymore! PTR does it all for you!
Old 11 May 2012, 10:48 AM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arkwright
I`m guessing you couldn`t handle something as close to the real thing as this then.
It`s as close to driving a real F1 car that most of us will ever come or in this case a F3 car. It isn`t the same as sitting at home on a X box, or playstation the guys you are racing against are mostly people you know and are sitting in cars identical to yours just yards away from you. Much more fun and the atmosphere is mostly buzzing all through the session.
Well, as we spoke ....me and someone from msoc didn't agreed that is very realistic. It WAS...maybe 10 years ago, the tech they use looked old to me, the only realistic thing was the feedback, got mine turned to 3G as i remember after 1st session when my lap time was -1.5 sec. from the lot. I was impressed with the whole experience, f1 body ,sitting position, not with the thing i saw on the screen,sound was crap, handling mmhhhmmm maybe... It's good fun thought, specialy with the msoc peeps around you. But is it worth 40 quid?.....Not sure , once maybe. Karting is better more physical experience you can get.
Regarding GT5? You need to try G27 wheel, manual gears, 3 pedals,on the 70" screen with all adds off, then you can judge. Xbox is for kids....GT5on PS3 is a bit on another level when you compare to the real world driving, it have tought me alot, it might sound funny, but with the right gear i find it best simulator there is ATM....
Will try to dig my lap time .....

Old 11 May 2012, 11:04 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

70" screen! Think I'll come round yours with mine and set up a two player on that puppy!
Old 11 May 2012, 11:57 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Well, as we spoke ....me and someone from msoc didn't agreed that is very realistic. It WAS...maybe 10 years ago, the tech they use looked old to me, the only realistic thing was the feedback, got mine turned to 3G as i remember after 1st session when my lap time was -1.5 sec. from the lot. I was impressed with the whole experience, f1 body ,sitting position, not with the thing i saw on the screen,sound was crap, handling mmhhhmmm maybe... It's good fun thought, specialy with the msoc peeps around you. But is it worth 40 quid?.....Not sure , once maybe. Karting is better more physical experience you can get.
Regarding GT5? You need to try G27 wheel, manual gears, 3 pedals,on the 70" screen with all adds off, then you can judge. Xbox is for kids....GT5on PS3 is a bit on another level when you compare to the real world driving, it have tought me alot, it might sound funny, but with the right gear i find it best simulator there is ATM....
Will try to dig my lap time .....

The F1 cars we drove then were very tame if everything was set as per real F1 car; Traction control , Brakes etc Joe public wouldn`t be able to hold it in a straight line or even get it off the grid. You are obviously an experienced gamer so it wasn`t that bigger challenge for you.
The F3 cars have less power but loads less traction control and similar downforce to the F1 car In fact everything is less assisted. So much more of a challenge to drive. Maybe you should try it again.
I`m not sure what you are saying about your feedback and 3G etc it sounds like you think yours was increased because you was quicker? All cars are set the same in a race.
For members PTR have now developed a GP2 car 600 bhp no traction control I`ve tried this a few times now and the start is so funny they say don`t give it the same beans off the line or you`ll bin it nobody listens and everybody bins it. I normally then pick my way through the carnage and then get away somewhere near the front.

Come and give it another Go the F3`s are more challenging to drive matey

And yes Karting is always better but now several of us have worked our way up to the 2 stroke karts the 4 strokes can be a dissapointment.
If I organise a Karting event I presume I can count you in then.
Old 11 May 2012, 05:02 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

I am in for karting
2 or 4 stroke
Old 11 May 2012, 08:38 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

http://www.infocus.com/projectors/ho...atre-projector

Old 11 May 2012, 08:52 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

The F1 cars we drove then were very tame if everything was set as per real F1 car; Traction control , Brakes etc Joe public wouldn`t be able to hold it in a straight line or even get it off the grid. You are obviously an experienced gamer so it wasn`t that bigger challenge for you.
The F3 cars have less power but loads less traction control and similar downforce to the F1 car In fact everything is less assisted. So much more of a challenge to drive. Maybe you should try it again.
I`m not sure what you are saying about your feedback and 3G etc it sounds like you think yours was increased because you was quicker? All cars are set the same in a race.
For members PTR have now developed a GP2 car 600 bhp no traction control I`ve tried this a few times now and the start is so funny they say don`t give it the same beans off the line or you`ll bin it nobody listens and everybody bins it. I normally then pick my way through the carnage and then get away somewhere near the front.

Come and give it another Go the F3`s are more challenging to drive matey

And yes Karting is always better but now several of us have worked our way up to the 2 stroke karts the 4 strokes can be a dissapointment.
If I organise a Karting event I presume I can you in then.
You speak the trueth,lol . It's probably my preferences then, it felt synthetic to me.... Probably that thing with all adds off feels different . I'm not going to waste my hard earned on f1 but would be interested in karting, depending on the day.... Lake side was fun...

Old 12 May 2012, 08:50 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Budgie
I am in for karting
2 or 4 stroke
Buckmore Park 4 strokes were good. Lakeside karts were getting tired.

very nice i`d have to build a big wall to go with that though matey.

You speak the trueth,lol . It's probably my preferences then, it felt synthetic to me.... Probably that thing with all adds off feels different . I'm not going to waste my hard earned on f1 but would be interested in karting, depending on the day.... Lake side was fun...

Watch this space then Buckmore Park was IMO a better track and defo faster Karts than Lakeside but we were getting a blinding deal at lakeside until they increased the price.
Anyway watch this space then matey
Oh and I almost forgot anything you say goes dude.

Last edited by Arkwright; 12 May 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 21 May 2012, 09:00 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Old 11 June 2012, 02:20 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Any late entries this is happening this coming Sunday.
I was racing down there a couple of weekends ago against Nick hamilton, jolyon Palmer and Luciano bachetta round Spa circuit.
Old 11 June 2012, 04:44 PM
P1 Daveyboy
Scooby Regular

Any late entries this is happening this coming Sunday.
I was racing down there a couple of weekends ago against Nick ham, jolyon Palmer ham and Luciano bachetta with cheese round Spa shopping isles circuit.
EFA
Old 18 June 2012, 12:19 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

What a great afternoons racing. 12 of us for this event in the end so had to split it into two groups.
The last session we did in the F1 cars round Spa circuit.
And eau rouge flat out in top gear ( 7th ) is quite an experience even if it`s only in a simulator.
Old 18 June 2012, 12:33 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Second that! Great day.

However Spa on the grass was equally as fun, of course I was using it as practice for the Rage event in Sept!