Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Matty4113's 2004 WRX (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2013, 12:13 AM
matty4113
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matty4113's 2004 WRX (pic heavy)

I've been lurking round scoobynet for a while now, first came across the site when I had my '99 classic in 2010. Never been much of a poster really but I am getting better! So here is my 2004 WRX, bought it on the 1st October last year. I have done quite a bit in that time and the list will continue slowly. Anyway, so far I have spent a fortune.

Well here goes, this is how the car came to me,3 owners, FSH, 55,000 miles, crappy back box, Blitz dump valve and an induction kit. Car is very clean but I wanted to add my own personal touches.

I gave the car a thorough going over when I viewed it but missed the fact that the tyres were a '40' profile instead of a '45' and this bugged the hell out of me! I bought a set of WRX wheels and tyres of jobbie on here, although they are silver rather than gunmetal, they are in superb condition and the tyres are the correct profile. Also bought some WRX mats from Proven Subaru.

Hit an interesting milestone too.......

The peashooter backbox was doing my head in so after a lot of research, decided on the Blitz Nur Spec S.

And a video of the sound.....

Had it remapped at Subaru 4 You by Simon and is now running 268bhp. Took a visit to Markie's and he was kind enough to change the oil for me, went with a 10w50 fully synthetic in the end with the much talked about 'genuine black filter'.

Which brings me through to the current day, I have just received it back from the garage after having the front lambda replaced after throwing up a p0031 code, they also fitted a H&S deresonated centre and H&S decat scrubber/3rd cat/link pipe. I have to say, it's a bit loud!! Here's a vid.

So the new year arrived and I started it with a few cosmetic mods. I changed the wheels to sti gold rims and all was good................

I like these wheels but something shiny popped up in Southampton so after 48 hours, these came off and were replaced with these 18" Rota Gra's

I then decided to fit my winglets which I picked up from Proven on Christmas Eve.

Before:

After:

Ok small update and still cosmetic. I bought this scoop off scoobynet and delivered it to a guy off surreyscoobies to undergo some paintwork and all I can say is 'WOW' the finish is amazing.

Ok so the purist may say 'this is just another Sti scoop and winglets on a WRX.' I know it's nothing new but who cares? I think it looks the bo**cks and it makes me smile and that's all that matters.

Difference in size:

Before:

After:

As the weather was so nice, I decided to remove the Blitz dump valve, K&N induction kit and WRX top mount, so out it all came.....

Replaced with STI top mount and undertray (already put bigger scoop on) and standard airbox and re-circ valve.....

Job done for the day. Got a few more goodies to go on very soon....

And shopping list for this week consists of a Prodrive 3 port boost solenoid and PFR7B plugs, once all fitted I'll be crawling over to SRR to see the green man with the detcans!

Ok here we go, the last 2 weeks have been very productive. On Sunday I took a visit to Hallie's and we (I really mean HE, but with me watching) got to work changing a few parts. First up was an RCM fuel pump, followed by decat up pipe, prodrive sportscat downpipe and finally a set of NGK PFR7b's. 8 hours later and all was done. Martin hit a few obstacles which he easily sorted but it did slow the job down. Snapped studs, stuck nuts, stubborn heat shields to name a few but by 5.45pm I was heading back up the M3 avoiding boost! Thanks again Martin for giving up your Sunday.

I didn't get many pics as time seemed to fly by, but here are a few;

Getting ready for fuel pump.

Up on ramp ready to attack exhaust.

Preparing to install downpipe.

Martin at work removing stubborn nuts!! lol

The car then went to Surrey Rolling Road for Simon to work his magic on it. He fitted a 3 port boost solenoid and I simply asked for maximum safe power. The results put a big smile on my face! 300.8 BHP, set a new record for highest BHP at SRR on a TD04.

Graph is on Jolly Green Monster's facebook page.

Thanks again to Hallie and Simon for top work, list of mods is in the video description.

Exhaust vid with decat up pipe and prodrive sportscat
Had a busy few days. Spent Tuesday down at TFS Racing having geo set up then having a good old chin wag, thanks again Stew and Craig. :thumbsup:

This afternoon I received a nice STi spoiler, (sorry Markie, that was the gauges money!!!)the aftermarket one on there was annoying me so I set about carefully fitting the new one.

Old one

Boot removed. Spoiler had rubbed the paint on the boot so I'd shot over to Guildford to pick up a mint bugeye bootlid on Monday

Template in the making

Trial fit to spoiler

Trial fit to boot lid for marking holes

Centre punched hole markings, and carefully drilled

Test fit

I then painted the drilled holes with a galvanising compound to stop rust.

On Wednesday morning I popped down to Proven Subaru and picked up a round boot lock and clip. When I got home I had to move indoors as it was raining (don't tell the missus! lol)

All laid out

Put a dab of tiger seal around the holes

Fitted spoiler, bolted up and fitted to car, really pleased with the result after having the aftermarket one on there

I'm just about there now, happy with the power, happy with the looks. I want to change the interior and fit some gauges (Markie ) then will stop there............I think!

Matt

Last edited by matty4113; 22 February 2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 22 February 2013, 12:56 AM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Fantastic progress! looking fab and sounds great carry on with the good work!
Old 22 February 2013, 10:02 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Looking great, enjoy the extra power!

What's next?
Old 22 February 2013, 12:49 PM
Wrx sti Ed
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of work you've done there. Looks spot on!!!