Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

One for Timbo (but don't let Mrs. Timbo see!)

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2002, 03:29 PM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Tim,

As promised I did manage to get some shots over the weekend:

Side of the car with 18" Technomagnesio F1's & WR Sport BB

Front of the car with Blacked out Reflectors, clear indicators and WR Sport light cluster

Interior with funky monkey gauges and note in ashtry gauge control unit, cool buttons with playback record and peak modes! oh an Momo King **** as well

Lastly closeup of gauges Oil temp, Oil press and Boost

a) Hope this works, uploader seems to be playing up a bit
b) scuse the crap photo quality, it's captured from a video cam!
c) hope you like?!

Cheers,

Simon

Edited to say that before anyone else mentions it I know it needs lowering desperately! Also going to get tints (for the baby of course!)

[Edited by Scaramanga - 5/13/2002 3:39:17 PM]
Old 13 May 2002, 05:21 PM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

The 3-pod gauges look wicked. I'll add them to my shoppping list.
Gordo
Old 13 May 2002, 05:43 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

scaramanga,

is there a gauge to show the level of trouble tim will get in for speending dosh on big wheels!

Tiggs
Old 13 May 2002, 06:25 PM
Aquila
Scooby Regular

Cool

I agree with elgordano. Really wicked pod! Where did u find it, and do u think it'll fit in the old scooby?
Old 14 May 2002, 02:55 AM
LegacyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Looks Amazing Scaramanga a job well done

We are Hampshirites too where abouts are you from ? Would love to c it up close
Old 14 May 2002, 08:06 AM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

Simon,

Cheers for posting pics

Glad to see you went for Silver alloys rather than Gold - they look so much better with Black

The WR lamps look cool too, though they fit in better with your car 'cos they're the same colour!!

Tiggs,

I'm going to replace my wheels and tyres one at a time to save money and also I'm hoping Mrs Timbo won't notice........I've got the first one on already:

I think the yellow goes really really well.....

Old 14 May 2002, 08:12 AM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

Elgordano/Aquila,
Cheers for the comments on the pod, you can get them from Nitosport (www.nitosport.com) and they do fit the old version. Next on the list is the rest of the carbon trim

Tiggs,
I don't think that they have made a gauge that goes far enough, particularly as he's thinking about 19" wheels

LegacyTurbo,
I'm over near Liss where are you? More than happy to meet up

Cheers for the comments all, but strangely no Timbo, I'll have to drop him a line.

Simon

Trending Topics

Old 14 May 2002, 08:29 AM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Doh,

beat me to it. I have to say that those wheels look pretty good. If you're doing them one at a time I can flog you one. As new with no kerbing, yours for 1,300 plus VAT

Had me laughing my **** off here, everyone in the office thinks I'm nuts

Several things I love about your car:

1.) STi foglights
2.) TSL reflector blanks
3.) Cool blue indicators
4.) Colour coded sills

Very nice motor
Cheers,

Simon
Old 14 May 2002, 09:38 AM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

Glad you liked it Simon

I'm going for an eclectic look. This started with the headlights:

I'm now thinking of tinting just one window (the driver's so people can't see the prat who's driving with one yellow wheel)

Re the add-ons, Mrs Timbo doesn't yet realise that I've spent any money other than £30 for the indicator repeaters.

I was going to go for the imitation STi fog covers at about £80 but that bloody Trouser at TSL convinced me to spend over 200 quid on the genuine articles

I try not to think about it too much

The side vents were expensive too but I like 'em better than the reflectors and are still a long way short of what you must have spent on your wheels and lights!!!!!

[Edited by Timbo33 - 5/14/2002 9:42:49 AM]
Old 14 May 2002, 10:01 AM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

Cool

Timbo,

Mrs Scaramanga also blissfully unaware of the cost of (inevitable) upgrades. The wheels she knows about, but I only got that one through by buying her an eternity ring (ouch!)

I wholeheartedly agree with the eclectic look, although I suspect when that if you end up with 19" wheels then you'll have a black eye to match your car

Lights were actually pretty cheap(comparitively)so don't feel so bad about that. What I do feel bad about though is what I'm going to do:

Full decat
Eibachs
Tints
UK300 lip spoiler
WRsport mesh upper and lower grills
FMIC
Sport bonnet as don't need IC scoop anymore
Motec ECU
Nitrous kit
Underbody neons
Strobe headlights

OK OK, some of those weren't true, up to the tints will be done though!

Anyway hopefully see you at one of the meets before too long.
All the best,

Simon
Old 14 May 2002, 01:24 PM
LegacyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Hey Simon ,

We are In New Milton on the coast Will u be going to the bournemouth meet tomorrow ?

Alex
Old 14 May 2002, 01:50 PM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

Alex,

No can do on this Bournemouth meet, but am in Southampton occasionally (like tonight!)

Might be able to make the next meet though.
You ever venture up Guildford way?

Cheers,

Simon
Old 14 May 2002, 04:59 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Wink

Scaramanga - sorry mate, had to do it

Before:

After:

DW
www.kreature.co.uk

Edited for Timbo - just a subtle lowering Timbo

[Edited by Dream Weaver - 5/14/2002 9:01:01 PM]
Old 14 May 2002, 05:56 PM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

DW 'm I missin' sumfink? The pic looks the same

Simon,

LOL at you having to buy your wife an eternity ring to get the wheels past her!!!

My Finance Committee (wife) can't be bribed...I just have to be creative with the accounting. Have you seen that Egg Credit Card advert where the bloke buys plastic fingers to put in his ears? That's me that is!!!!

Mrs: " Has the credit card bill come?"
Me: "No..."

Popped into Lancaster Subaru in Pangbourne to get my wheel stud looked at after yesterday's puncture. Took the opportunity to look at some of the WR accessories, all of which are far too expensive to consider (or at least tell the wife about...)at present.

In fact the new wheels are looking more imminent than i thought as I've now used up my allocation of tyres under my lease contract and I'm gonna have to pay for one!!!

The STi front grille looks good though I didn't get a price. The Mesh grille is £180 quid +vat so I don't suppose it's much difference.

I also asked about the STi lights (£267.29 + VAT each.....maybe I can just buy one for now and continue my eclectic look!!!!) the parts guy didn't seem to think there'd be much problem fitting them and I reckon they look better than the UK300 lights (no offence..)

Old 14 May 2002, 09:03 PM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

Cheers DW....it was bit subtle, 'specially as the two pics were at opposite ends of the thread!!!
Old 14 May 2002, 09:17 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Cool

Scaramanga - was that you who let me into the outside lane going from Farnham onto the the Blackwater Valley Relief Road? If so, and even if it wasn't, your car is gorgeous!

(If it was you, did you have fun with that Maserati?)

DP. MY96 Silver Wagon/Speedlines
Old 14 May 2002, 09:32 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The front looks wicked, very 'stealth' like, bit of a gu**er having to have a number plate innit!
Old 15 May 2002, 08:39 AM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

DreamWeaver,
Thanks for that, my photoshop efforts were a bit more "Sweeney Todd"! Have to say that it REALLY needs to be done.

Timbo,
you don't know the half of it. I had to get her pregnant before she would let me get the car in the first place!

<edited to add: "**** knows what I'll have to do to get the motorbike! some sort of 12 tasks of Hercules methinks "

As for the plastic ear finger thingies, I have to get some of those! Didn't realise that the puncture was a recent thing, sorry to hear that mate, no chance of them repairing it?

Agree that some of the WR Sport stuff is a bit(!) pricey. I kinda know where you're coming from on the lights front and I think that they probably would look better on a WRBlue.

If you end up getting Diablos on your car you have to give it a <ahem> run down to my neck of the woods for a gander will be v.v.jealous.

DumpsterPhil,
More than likely, I tend to get sent on nappy runs to Sainsbury quite a bit so Farnham bypass area is a bit of a haunt. Don't remember a Maserati recently tho. When was it? p.s. Thanks anyway, it's always nice to get a compliment.

Ron,
thinking the self same thing. In fact I'm looking into getting a teenytiny numberplate on the front (hopefully legal) which is the same size as the mounting bracket underneath, should make the front look a little less clumsy (and I've cracked my original one. Stealth mode will be complete when I get the windows slightly tinted, might consider beating the panels into angles that don't show up on radar, but I think that may be going a little too far

Cheers all,

Simon

[Edited by Scaramanga - 5/15/2002 8:42:53 AM]
Old 15 May 2002, 10:45 PM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

Simon,

I'm down in Farnham a fair bit myself seeing clients so now I know what your wheels look like I'll look out for you!!!
Old 16 May 2002, 12:00 PM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

You able to make it down to the Cricketers in Bagshot tonight, Scoobynet Southern meet?

Otherwise I'll keep and eye out for your yellow wheel, single tint and mismatched lights!

Cheers,

Simon
Old 17 May 2002, 08:09 AM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

Simon,

Obviously not otherwise I'd have been there.......sorry had a client meeting....though it finished early but I decided to use my free time wisely to earn wifey bonus points.....took her out for a meal as it was a lovely night

When's the next one 'cos I'll put it in my diary....I might even be able to persuade Sue to come as I need all the help I can get to convince her i need those Diablos.....group therapy is probably what's needed!!!!
Old 17 May 2002, 10:05 AM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

No worries,
Probably a good idea and as you said it was a great evening.

I think the next one will be 9 June at Newlands corner, although there is talk of an extra meet at Thorpe Park on Saturday 8th. I'm thinking about dragging the wife and kid to that one.

It would be good to meet up finally, any chance of dragging Tiggs along?

As it was my first meet yesterday I have to say that all the people were great, really.......normal

Anyway, hope to see you at either of the above.
Take it easy.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 17 May 2002, 10:25 AM
Bryan Allman
Scooby Regular

Wink

Drumsterphil said:-

Scaramanga - was that you who let me into the outside lane going from Farnham onto the the Blackwater Valley Relief Road? If so, and even if it wasn't, your car is gorgeous!

(If it was you, did you have fun with that Maserati?)

No - it was me. And yes, I did have some fun with him - he tried very hard to get away - but no chance !! (at least not down the BVR - we went our separate ways at the M3)

And by the way, thanks for the compliment.

Here it is

[Edited by Bryan Allman - 5/17/2002 10:30:36 AM]
Old 17 May 2002, 10:28 AM
Scaramanga
Scooby Regular

Ahhh Bryan, my evil twin. Belive that I spotted you in Farnborough a couple of months back?

Oddly enough was talking about you last night and wondering where you bought your car, was it B&C by any chance?

And I'd agree your car is gorgeous (as well )
Cheers,

Simon
Old 17 May 2002, 10:35 AM
Bryan Allman
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes Scaramanga, we did meet in Farnborough. And yes, I did buy it through B&C. Just coming up to 10k now - and flying !!

Bryan

MY01
PPP
Prodrive Suspension
Morettes
OZ 18" wheels
Old 18 May 2002, 01:06 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Cool

Bryan - pleased to make your acquaintance. And yes, your car is a beaut' M8!!

DP.

Old 18 May 2002, 09:53 AM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

seeing all these posts I'm beginning to think that the MY01 Scoob looks better (sleeker) with the OE spoiler than big 'bookshelves' stuck on the back (no offence Trouser if you're looking...)

What do we think?

I'm certainly thinking my £500 will be better spent towards the ProDrive Springs and a decent set of wheels

Bryan,

Your motor is a beaut.....extremely sleek looking and certainly benefits from the lowered springs.

Simon,

8th or 9th is probably o.k.....Sue's going into hospital on 29th May to have her nose reamed out and she's not supposed to go out in public for 2 weeks afterwards(probably 'cos she'll look awful and it would upset people) but the thorpe Park thing sounds cool....

Seeing Bryans car, Dream Weaver's post seems all the more poignant....you gotta go get those Eibachs on....I'm getting the ProDrive springs (Eibachs painted Blue)put on mine next month at Lancaster Pangbourne and the total job is just over £300.....money well spent (but don't tell the wife)

Edited to say that I doubt Tiggs'll join in...he doesn't usually 'do' social stuff. He usually peruses anything i contribute to so maybe he'll chip in?? What d'you think Tiggs? shall we chance going out together in public? d'you think they'll all think we're gay?

Edited again to say:

LOL!!!

Love and Kisses,

Timbo

[Edited by Timbo33 - 5/18/2002 10:27:14 AM]

[Edited by Timbo33 - 5/18/2002 10:34:57 AM]

[Edited by Timbo33 - 5/19/2002 1:17:25 AM]