A bit of a clean

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2012, 01:39 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bit of a clean

This could end up being a proper loooonnnggg story, but I'll give you the abridged version...

My 03 STi was sat around doing nothing, and a 'millionaire' friend was in a time of need [rolleyes] so I offered to lend him the car for a week

Now, 99.99967% of the population would have picked up on the 'WEEK' part of that, but I'll come back to that later...

So, given that this 'friend' was falling upon hard times, I lent him (Cos he's a friend... Have you got that bit?) £50 to go to the cinema with some other mates. (Senna. Top film BTW!) No questions so far...

After a desperate phone call from the 'friend' explaining that his '11 plate Audi A8 and STi were about to be about to be repossessed (Not really HIS then?) I declined his request to lend him 'a grand' because, basically, I didn't have it (Who does?) BTW, if I had, I would have lent him the money (Don't all start looking for the 'MUG' tattoo just yet...)

A few days pass...

Phone rings...
"Hi mate, I'm kind of up **** creek, do you know of anyone selling a cheap car that I can use for work for a few days, you know... just until I get things straight?"
"not really (This bit is me, in case you hadn't realised) but the Scoob isn't really getting used. I suppose I could lend you that if it helps you out"

So, arrangements were made to deliver my pride and (let's not forget ****ING joy) to said 'friend' (Yep, I'm hammering the point home) for a week

(Oxford English Dictionary... Week... 7 days...etc, blah...)

I meet the aforementioned in CleckHuddersFax (Wouldn't want anyone thinking they knew him / her / it), kicked him (or her...whatever) out of the driver's seat, and drove the car back home

Now, before we go any further, let's just get things as clear as they can be....

It's 2011, and we're talking about an '03 STi here, BUT this particular '03 STi has been MINE (That's ME!) Since May 2004. I knew it's only previous owner as if he were my brother, as I had bought his previous car (a 2000 UK Turbo) from the same dealer. Indeed, he'd chopped his classic in for THIS car, only to decide to swap it less than 12 months later for a WR1 (Did someone mention gay blue?)

So, in a nutshell, I'm parting with my much beloved '03 STi, with FSH and £10K+ of mods, having paid £50 to insure it for the week for an extra named driver (on top of a £50 loan to the aforementioned) plus a £70+ full tank of fuel.

The car is delivered

A week passes, during which I am enjoying the fruits of life on a GSXR 600 in the Swiss Alps / Nurburgring with friends.

I return home.

2 weeks have passed

The 'friend' is having no luck (his words) securing any monies, and so I pay another £50 to insure the car for him for the next fortnight.

A fortnight later.

After a few text messages to the 'friend' are lost / missed / ignored a phone call is made...

(Me) Can I collect the car tomorrow? I'm having to run about in my van, and it's obviously not good with me having the kids at the weekend, and it's not insured for you right now.

(Him) Erm, well... I think you'll find it's insured on my policy (What? Your policy for the LEASE cars that you've had repossessed? REALLY??)

(Me) No. Sorry. This has gone on for too long, I really need the car back

(Him) Well, you can come and collect it (I ****ing delivered it, and I have to go and COLLECT it?) but I need to tell you something...

(Here we go)

I had a row with the girlfriend (Now, HE calls her the girlfriend, me, you, and anyone with an ounce of common sense would call her a psycho-nutter-scary-as-****e-bitch) and as she was punching me through the car window (I **** you not, dear reader) I put the car into 6th instead of reverse, and I'm afraid I ran into a skip!

(pause)

(Long pause)

((( Longer than that. There's a lot to take in here)))

(Deep sigh)

(me) What?

(him) Yeah, I drove into a skip instead of reversing away from it. It's easily done

(speechless!!!!)

(Me) I NEED the car back, I'm coming for it now

(him) Okay, see you in a bit

Time passes

Smart Roadsters aren't the fastest thing on, especially when you're pissed off and wanting to be somewhere.

We (me and the lovely Mrs Sticky) arrive at the 'friend's' house (Would now be a good time to start calling this friend something that rhymes with Kunt?)

The car is filthy, to begin with. He's had it for a whole month and not even washed it! Things don't look good.

I am greeted on his drive by the aforementioned (Henceforth known simply as 'K')

(K) Hi mate

(Me) Never mind the pleasentries, I'm too annoyed to talk to you, just give me the keys.

(K) Okay. Here they are... I forgot to mention... the exhaust started blowing on the way back from Liverpool yesterday

(me) Blowing?

(K) Blowing.

So I take the keys and fire her up.

Blowing? No, that's not a blowing exhaqust!

(Switch off the engine)

(me) Bloeing? Are you sure it's blowing? 'Cos it sounds to me like half the ****ing exhaust system is missing

I crouch down to have a look under the car...

(K) No mate, just blowing. It started on the M62 yesterday, coming home from Liverpool

Now, until now I wasn't aware of this, but somewhere between Liverpool and Leeds, hidden out of sight on that little back road known as the M62, there are manhole covers so chuffing high that they are capable of ripping entire stainless steel exhaust systems apart at the drop of a hat, for that, dear reader, is what had happened here. The 'blowing' was merely the small farty noise that results from the downpipe being ripped completely from it's own flange connecting it to the centre section. The resulting inch-wide gap being responsible for the 'blow' (I am of course exaggerating. Having measured it today it' a mere 22mm gap)

BLOWING!!!

So to bring this overly-long tale up to date...

the (K) in question has vanished from the face of the Earth (for now, We'll see what happens when I send him a text)

His debt so far...

£50 loan
£50 insurance (x 2)
£70 fuel
£250 repair bill for bonnet
£100 downpipe (optimistic estimate)

I reckon that (allowing for wear and tear, and being really nice about the fact that I've been unable to use the car for the best part of a year) £650 is not an unreasonable amount to expect to receive in compensation.

Thoughts?

I know this is long-winded, but I have SOOOO missed Snet ;-)
Old 11 May 2012, 01:55 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

How silly...

Having posted all that I haven't got round to the original intention of my post...

Now that she's home, and had her bonnet repaired, the old girl has been treated to a professional valet courtesy of iShineCarCare.

The pics would speak for themselves if it weren't for the fact that muck never really shows up too well in photos.

Not to worry, here's how the old girl's looking now...

And here's how the toy shop looks at the moment (Minus the Vauxhall Combo and the TT)

Last edited by Sticky Stuff; 11 May 2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11 May 2012, 01:57 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

...and before anyone says anything, I know the Type 2 needs a good slamming :-)
Old 11 May 2012, 02:35 AM
Cammy5106
Scooby Regular

You sir are a true gent lending your car out like that, it's just such a shame you so called mate has no respect for other folks property..

P.S I would of kicked his teeth out if he had done that to my car and end of him being a mate..
Old 11 May 2012, 09:53 AM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

Thats £650 you are never going to see!

When you said he hit a skip I thought it was going to be alot worse so at least its in one piece.
Never lend money or cars to friends I say.
Old 11 May 2012, 10:36 AM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally agree with all of the above. Glad you got the car sorted out now mate.
Old 11 May 2012, 10:47 AM
Evo Son
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't even give my scooby to my mrs let alone my best mate. Gutted for you mate

Trending Topics

Old 11 May 2012, 09:36 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Very nice mate, they certainly are very white wheels
Old 11 May 2012, 09:43 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking quite clean mate, but you missed the mudflaps
Old 20 May 2012, 07:52 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sticky Stuff my god that's a name from the past... it has been a little while since I have seen you on SN
Old 20 May 2012, 07:57 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Nice blobeye and Gsx r ......
Old 20 May 2012, 08:08 PM
bikewill
Scooby Regular

allrite bud can I borrow your car..................lol