Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

From Scoob to Scoob, my 4 year car trip.

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2011, 03:27 PM
chief-long-shin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Scoob to Scoob, my 4 year car trip.

Four years ago i owned an impreza which for four years and numerous cars i've regretted getting rid of. I thought with this post i would share a couple of pics of where i moved my enjoyment of cars to and the reasons behind.

This was the impreza that i bought, my first Jap turbo car and an experience i have never gotten out of my system.

Started my ownershp with 30k from new like this.

And finished like this going to another scoobynet member. I cant recall the guys name but would love to know if its still about, it went out towcester way and had a private plate jumped on it.

I'd owned the car for approx 3 years and had a bit of a commute at the time so needed something more economical. Somehow i ended up going on a journey to Southend with a bewildered father not quite sure what a Skyline was. Needless to say after 127 miles of following it back he had a fair idea and this 320bhp gem was my new toy. This was the end of my time on Scooby net.

This was where i went from the "cornering" cars that i wanted to the " i played Gran Turismo and loved it" straight line bruiser stage. This was my dream car and my face lit up everytime i drove it.

After developing a substantial 3 month relationship with the local asian gentleman at the garage, suporting them into Uni etc I decided enough was enough and I did actually need to fulfill on the economy trot to work. Detreading a set of 285's at the rear in 8 weeks was also an incentive to upon seeing replacement costs. Off to kettering i go and the skyline is gone. I had been researching for a little while now for what I like to think of as my "Go Kart" stage and subsequently discovered a relatively unknown at the time car in the Glanza. 1.3 turbo, 135bhp . Why the **** not i thought. I wanted Jap and i found it in this.

Loved the fun factor in this car, wasnt the quickest but it was still enough to surprise most modenrn cars and the excitement of peeling your facr and sphincter off the window under hard cornering was fun.

Owning this for a while I discovered through it being strutted pretty much everywhere and then me lowering it 60mm that it developed an insatiable appetite for rear shock absorbers. I eventually had a minimal tolerance to this and moved away from "Go Kart" to something unknown to me. THE "DENZEL(Diesel)" stage.

I didnt want a **** slow oil burner but i reluctantly moved away from Jap and ended up with a Leon Cupra TDI 150bhp. Was fantastic having the low down grunt accompanied by 52mpg. Loved the cheap motoring but soon became bored...

A quick trip to Jabbasport and i was mapped to 185bhp and 300lb torque which made the car even better fun and there was a slight irony being able to get the mpg down to 6-7 under heavy load. This was the first car i'd owned that I introduced to the autobahn in germany in May this year and it was happy to see the other side of 140mph. In a diesel!

I get bored with cars though quicker than a fat bird does her choice of cake and after attending trax this year for the first time since the scoob i realised i missed them a lot. I had a quick natter with the missus who was sympathetic to my cause and as of Friday I picked a new toy.

I was umming and aaring between this and an STI but upon inspection i couldnt walk away from this. 47k from new and it looks like it had just been made it was so clean. Now i will be revisiting my relationship with the local garage owners and networking with them however I am pleased to say i am back where i kinda feel like i belong knowing that i've done rally cars, bruisers, go karts and diesels
Old 12 September 2011, 04:03 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

welcome back
Old 12 September 2011, 04:42 PM
sparky113
Scooby Regular

welcome back, lovely looking bug.
Old 13 September 2011, 11:54 AM
Gary WRX
Scooby Regular

Nice looking motor mate - enjoy!
Old 13 September 2011, 12:05 PM
JMCarbon
Former Sponsor

Looks very tidy , welcome back
Old 13 September 2011, 12:24 PM
wrathchild_78
Scooby Regular

it does look very tidy indeed!
Old 13 September 2011, 01:28 PM
Hawk aye the noo
Scooby Regular

That looks in mint condition!!!

Trending Topics

Old 14 September 2011, 01:35 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

looks very clean
Old 14 September 2011, 02:16 PM
Matt2732
Scooby Regular

Nice one John, looks nice, like the spoiler. I notice you have missed out photos of the durex equipped civic phase though? Ah them was the days, 70p a litre and nothing thought of a quick trip to Yarmouth and back!