PPP ECU

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2010, 08:04 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP ECU

Hey guys

I'm looking at trying to find a ppp ecu for my MY00 wagon.

Is it a case of a straight swap and is it a worth while mod.

My car as decat and pipercross cone filter on
Old 04 July 2010, 08:42 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Odd post to put in Members Gallery. PPP makes quite a bit of a difference over standard for not a lot of money.

The ECU itself is a straight swap but the PPP includes other supporting modifications - primarily a replacement for the sh*t plastic pipe that connects the turbo to the intercooler, and the rear exhaust.

You will also likely find that you will get boost spiking with a (full or partial) decat and the PPP ECU, which can be mitigated but you will need a boost gauge or similar to tell you it is happening.

The best thing you can do with that cone filter, whether you change the ECU or not, is to get rid of it quick and replace with standard bits, before either the vibration damage or direct airflow measurement error causes you an expensive problem.
Old 04 July 2010, 08:59 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Odd post to put in Members Gallery. PPP makes quite a bit of a difference over standard for not a lot of money.

The ECU itself is a straight swap but the PPP includes other supporting modifications - primarily a replacement for the sh*t plastic pipe that connects the turbo to the intercooler, and the rear exhaust.

You will also likely find that you will get boost spiking with a (full or partial) decat and the PPP ECU, which can be mitigated but you will need a boost gauge or similar to tell you it is happening.

The best thing you can do with that cone filter, whether you change the ECU or not, is to get rid of it quick and replace with standard bits, before either the vibration damage or direct airflow measurement error causes you an expensive problem.
Thanks for the response so its worth it then... looks like i need to get original parts back on asap........

why would i put in gallery half asleep sry