Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Should I change my 08 STI for an 09 STI 330s?

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2009, 04:29 PM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I change my 08 STI for an 09 STI 330s?

I have been to see a midnight blue 330s today. I want it. The recaro seats, sat nav, tinted windows and keyless entry really sell it for me.
I was going to go for the PPP and sat nav for my car anyway plus tinting the windows which will all cost nearly 5k. But, I can't get the keyless entry or recaro seats retro fitted by subaru
Am I bonkers?

Old 18 April 2009, 04:41 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Chris go for the euro spec like mine and then get PPP, all the 330s spec but far cheaper!

Paid 23K for mine and £1600 for PPP, Your not going to get a brand new 330s for £24,600 are you. Aren't the 330s 31k new?
Old 18 April 2009, 05:00 PM
claypole55
Scooby Regular

As demon says u wont get one any cheaper plus you'll lose loads trading yours in!
Old 18 April 2009, 05:11 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silver demon
Chris go for the euro spec like mine and then get PPP, all the 330s spec but far cheaper!

Paid 23K for mine and £1600 for PPP, Your not going to get a brand new 330s for £24,600 are you. Aren't the 330s 31k new?
Can you get PPP on a Euro spec ? thought it could only be added to a UK car, or has that all changed now.
Old 18 April 2009, 06:02 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

You should be able to get a new 330s for £29k, a euro with PPP will be cheaper but the 330s badge is important especially come resale time.

Mog
Old 18 April 2009, 07:16 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

some dealers will order a 330s badge for you
Old 18 April 2009, 07:35 PM
Scoob Fae Ork
Scooby Regular

Just get the PPP mate ps your car looks damn sweet
Old 18 April 2009, 07:53 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or wait for the 380s, if they ever make it
Old 18 April 2009, 08:27 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

or a PPP which gives us 380
Old 18 April 2009, 10:11 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

some dealers will order a 330s badge for you
lol
Old 18 April 2009, 10:11 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

or a PPP which gives us 380
and lol again..........
Old 19 April 2009, 11:05 AM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the comments.
I know I will lose a load of money. My main concern is subaru bringing out another version/facelift in 12 months that I want more than the 330s. Does anyone know of any new versions in the pipeline?
Old 19 April 2009, 12:09 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I hinted at, there's talk of a 380s to compete directly with the Evo FQ400. I'm not sure how much traction the idea has though
Old 19 April 2009, 12:12 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keyless entry - i'm confused. I could get in my MY99 without the aid of a key just like every other Scoob i've driven
Old 19 April 2009, 01:01 PM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
Keyless entry - i'm confused. I could get in my MY99 without the aid of a key just like every other Scoob i've driven
You have the key fob in your pocket, walk up to the car and pull the door handle and it opens without searching for the key fob. You then sit in the car with the key fob still in your pocket. Push a button and hey presto the engine starts
Old 19 April 2009, 01:16 PM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
Like I hinted at, there's talk of a 380s to compete directly with the Evo FQ400. I'm not sure how much traction the idea has though
That is the one I had been thinking about. I have heard nothing about it since subaru pulled out of the WRC. Prodrive were going to handbuild each engine weren't they?

I have just looked at some spy shots of a spec C. maybe I should wait?
Or get a litchfield Type 20, that has 400bhp.
Old 19 April 2009, 01:48 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My08 Sti Runs 380 allready lol if i want recaro seats i will just buy them and fit them myself, not to fussed about keyless entry tbh.

Next stage for mine is more power just got used to what it has now, the thing that bugs me is that i know i can break the 400bhp barrier with ease without changing my turbo all i need to do is sort the fueling out as we maxxed the injectors out mapping the thing and it was above 400bhp with shedloads of torque.
I have a syntec pump coming that WILL fit in that damn cannister even if it kills me trying lol put a fuel pressure regulator on and get rid of the standard plugs and fit some Lfr7aix ngk ones & that will do it I will be happy then.
Old 19 April 2009, 02:30 PM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rob84
My08 Sti Runs 380 allready lol if i want recaro seats i will just buy them and fit them myself, not to fussed about keyless entry tbh.

Next stage for mine is more power just got used to what it has now, the thing that bugs me is that i know i can break the 400bhp barrier with ease without changing my turbo all i need to do is sort the fueling out as we maxxed the injectors out mapping the thing and it was above 400bhp with shedloads of torque.
I have a syntec pump coming that WILL fit in that damn cannister even if it kills me trying lol put a fuel pressure regulator on and get rid of the standard plugs and fit some Lfr7aix ngk ones & that will do it I will be happy then.

Impressive car Rob
I am not much of a modifier, I know very little about engines. I like it straight out of the box. I take it you are not concerned about the warranty, and what about insuring modified cars? I am more concerned with the handling than the power. So, the Spec C spy shots I have seen make it appealing.
Can you buy the recaro seats? I have hunted high and low for them but drew a blank.
Old 19 April 2009, 04:16 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by orthochris
Impressive car Rob
I am not much of a modifier, I know very little about engines. I like it straight out of the box. I take it you are not concerned about the warranty, and what about insuring modified cars? I am more concerned with the handling than the power. So, the Spec C spy shots I have seen make it appealing.
Can you buy the recaro seats? I have hunted high and low for them but drew a blank.

From what I remember from there shop Revolution in newcastle have them, because i was sat in them, they are only in the £400 bracket each if i recall.

The car is safer now Engine Map wise than it was from factory so I am pretty happy that way, if mine went bang on a factory map i would chuck the car back and tell them to stick it, If they cant make a car thats fit for purpose they shouldnt sell it lol or thats the way i look at it.

As for insurance Mine with mods is £508 fully comp to insure
Old 19 April 2009, 04:46 PM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rob84
From what I remember from there shop Revolution in newcastle have them, because i was sat in them, they are only in the £400 bracket each if i recall.

The car is safer now Engine Map wise than it was from factory so I am pretty happy that way, if mine went bang on a factory map i would chuck the car back and tell them to stick it, If they cant make a car thats fit for purpose they shouldnt sell it lol or thats the way i look at it.

As for insurance Mine with mods is £508 fully comp to insure
I will look into the seats. I do worry about the factory mapping after all the stories about engine failure. I might still go for the 330s, my wife has no problem with me changing so long as she gets some spending cash. Result, but potential waste of money. Still contemplating a Litchfield Type 20 or wait for the Spec C and import one.

So modification didn't affect your insurance premium, cool.
Old 19 April 2009, 05:35 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

well chris if your trading it in I'll have your fog lights 1st
Old 19 April 2009, 09:09 PM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

It seems the general concensus is for me not to change the car.
I will make a decision this week and let you know. You have all got me wavering. I am less likely to change now than I was.
Chris
Old 20 April 2009, 09:41 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

The keyless entry/start is very useful, you still have to press the button on the door handle to unlock.lock the car, and in that mode it only unlocks that door, not all of them (which is great for security..but a pain in da *** if you have wife/family also wanting to go in) so you end up using the fob (which double clicks to unlock all doors).

The biggest plus is boot entry, as long as you have the fob on you, then the boot will unlock just by gripping the boot release, very handy with your hands half full.

Recaro's.... worth every penny..
Old 20 April 2009, 10:18 AM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

yep, push button start is just cool and the Recaro's are very supportive
Old 20 April 2009, 11:26 AM
Mog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby L
The keyless entry/start is very useful, you still have to press the button on the door handle to unlock.lock the car, and in that mode it only unlocks that door, not all of them (which is great for security..but a pain in da *** if you have wife/family also wanting to go in) so you end up using the fob (which double clicks to unlock all doors).

The biggest plus is boot entry, as long as you have the fob on you, then the boot will unlock just by gripping the boot release, very handy with your hands half full.

Recaro's.... worth every penny..
I just push the central locking button inside the drivers door once open to open the other doors rather than fiddling around in my pocket to get the fob out.

Mog
Old 20 April 2009, 11:51 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mog
I just push the central locking button inside the drivers door once open to open the other doors rather than fiddling around in my pocket to get the fob out.

Mog

My wife's obviously less patient.. she wants the car unlocked by the time she reaches the door handle... or I get a tut and "that look" accross the roof..
Old 20 April 2009, 12:15 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mog

Mog
thanks for the tip
Old 20 April 2009, 12:20 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby L
My wife's obviously less patient.. she wants the car unlocked by the time she reaches the door handle... or I get a tut and "that look" accross the roof..
When the misses moans only one door is open, I say its the car telling you not to get in with mucky shoes or any food LOL. Got to keep the Recaro's looking nice
Old 20 April 2009, 08:24 PM
orthochris
Scooby Regular

Well, I got the trade in value on my car. OUCH!. 1 year old 6300miles on the clock and it is worth a lot less than 10 months ago. I would rather sell it to someone than let them have it for that.I have not had a chance to get back to the salesman yet. I have a change over cost that I can live with and if I can't get what I am looking for then I will leave it a year and get whatever Subaru have brought out as a facelift in 2010. Or I will get a Litchfield.

The 330s is great but it is the same suspension isn't it?

Rob84 and his car has got me thinking. I am waiting to hear if revolution can get the seats but I never had a chance to call them either. If I could get the seats I could live without the keyless entry. For now.
Old 20 April 2009, 08:36 PM
silver demon
Scooby Regular

I'm sure the suspension is the same.

Quick Reply: Should I change my 08 STI for an 09 STI 330s?