Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Hmmm - SWRT Livery??

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2006, 10:21 PM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hmmm - SWRT Livery??

I thought this forum was a good one to start this thread on as it relates to more than a few cars on this site What are the SWRT team telling us? As it doesnt mention it is illegal, only that it may give a bad image to the team, do we need to worry about the Subaru police at the rally of GB asking us to remove our stickers

(excert taken from the SWRT website)

Can I put the SWRT Livery onto my Road Car?

No, we are afraid not. The livery is trademarked not just to prevent it being copied and used commercially, but to maintain the integrity of the Subaru World Rally Team's World Rally Cars in order that they stand out wherever they go as the pinnacle of the sport.

We have had a number of instances where members of the public have complained directly to the team regarding roadcars that had SWRT decals on them where they were being driven erratically or without due consideration to other members of the roadgoing public. The rest of the community believes that these cars with the SWRT livery are in some way affiliated with the team and could then reproach the team directly regarding this bad driving. We would seek to eliminate all such confusion by maintaining the integrity of the livery for just the Subaru World Rally Team and ask members of the public to not apply stickers copying the team liv