Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Sunny STI pictures

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2006, 09:02 PM
markGT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunny STI pictures

Had some time off from work today, so I decided to take some pictures in glorious sunshine of the STI. Its a MY05 with PPP, quikshift gear change, Prodrive wheels and various other bits and bobs. Enjoy

http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/evo/top.jpg
http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/evo/side_view.jpg
http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/evo/rear_wing.jpg
http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/evo/scoop_drive.jpg
http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/evo/drive.jpg
http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/evo/scoob_front.jpg
http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/...drive_pipe.jpg
http://www.lagouletterie.com/images/evo/side.jpg
Old 28 June 2006, 09:06 PM
Harty2000
Scooby Regular

Mint car. One day I hope to upgrade my classic to a blob eye and love that colour
Old 28 June 2006, 09:08 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pics mate.

Lovely car too
Old 28 June 2006, 11:11 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice mate Is it Crystal Grey?
Old 29 June 2006, 12:37 AM
killa
Scooby Regular

Does look very nice,
Old 29 June 2006, 09:13 AM
markGT
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies.

Yes it is crystal grey. Wouldn't have been my first choice if I'd bought the car brand new but now I couldnt imagine having any other colour. At some angles it looks a gun metal colour and with the prodive wheels it looks the bollocks. Just got to get used to people staring at the car and taking pictures. Good for the ego though

After the EVO VI Tommi Makenin I thought I wouldn't get excited by another car again as the TME is a very rare and special beast. However after a couple of weeks of STI ownership I wouldn't swap it for the world.
Old 29 June 2006, 01:32 PM
terzo204
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markGT
Cheers for the replies.

Yes it is crystal grey. Wouldn't have been my first choice if I'd bought the car brand new but now I couldnt imagine having any other colour. At some angles it looks a gun metal colour and with the prodive wheels it looks the bollocks. Just got to get used to people staring at the car and taking pictures. Good for the ego though

After the EVO VI Tommi Makenin I thought I wouldn't get excited by another car again as the TME is a very rare and special beast. However after a couple of weeks of STI ownership I wouldn't swap it for the world.
How do you find the two compare?
Old 29 June 2006, 03:06 PM
markGT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by terzo204
How do you find the two compare?
When I test drove the STI it immediately felt a more solid car better screwed together and less raw. I loved the raw feel of the TME and the power delivery of the car was totally different to the STI which initially gave me an impression that the STI PPP wasn’t as quick. The STI PPP has a much wider power band than the TME and a pretty linear torque curve. However once I looked down at the Speedo it was quickly apparent that wasn’t the case as I was well in to license losing territory very very quickly. If you look at the figures, in gear times etc the STI PPP is a quicker car all over the rev range apart from 0-30. Lets not forget when the Evo VI first came out there was a lot of headlines made of its super car slaying speed so it puts in to comparison how quick the STI PPP is. As for handling again quite different, the EVO used to skip around corners albeit at stupid gravity defying speeds but always felt that the AYC was going to kick me off the road. In the STI it just goes around corners at stupid speeds without any fuss and you always come out the corners thinking I could have taken that at least another 20mph or more faster, its very confidence inspiring.

At the end of the day they are both awesome cars. I initially went for the TME because of the rarity of the car and its looks which I loved, but I found rust on the car so it went back to the place where I bought it but that’s another story. As for the STI PPP its the bollocks and I love it to bits, I can’t think of any car that I would swap it for, lets face it, it can embarrass most cars costing six or seven times as much so enough said really. No matter which car you chose the EVO or the STI you couldn’t go much wrong.

IMHO the EVO and the STI are the super cars for the younger generation.

Last edited by markGT; 29 June 2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 29 June 2006, 04:55 PM
terzo204
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markGT
When I test drove the STI it immediately felt a more solid car better screwed together and less raw. I loved the raw feel of the TME and the power delivery of the car was totally different to the STI which initially gave me an impression that the STI PPP wasn’t as quick. The STI PPP has a much wider power band than the TME and a pretty linear torque curve. However once I looked down at the Speedo it was quickly apparent that wasn’t the case as I was well in to license losing territory very very quickly. If you look at the figures, in gear times etc the STI PPP is a quicker car all over the rev range apart from 0-30. Lets not forget when the Evo VI first came out there was a lot of headlines made of its super car slaying speed so it puts in to comparison how quick the STI PPP is. As for handling again quite different, the EVO used to skip around corners albeit at stupid gravity defying speeds but always felt that the AYC was going to kick me off the road. In the STI it just goes around corners at stupid speeds without any fuss and you always come out the corners thinking I could have taken that at least another 20mph or more faster, its very confidence inspiring.

At the end of the day they are both awesome cars. I initially went for the TME because of the rarity of the car and its looks which I loved, but I found rust on the car so it went back to the place where I bought it but that’s another story. As for the STI PPP its the bollocks and I love it to bits, I can’t think of any car that I would swap it for, lets face it, it can embarrass most cars costing six or seven times as much so enough said really. No matter which car you chose the EVO or the STI you couldn’t go much wrong.

IMHO the EVO and the STI are the super cars for the younger generation.
Thanks for that MarkGT, I always wanted a TME but it was'nt to be. I was keen to know from someone who has driven both to let me know what I was missing out on.

I came from a UK classic to a 53 reg STI with PPP. The classic was, IMO 'raw' too - I know what you mean by these cars being decieving quick, but that's onwe of the main reasons why I changed, I wanted more composure from the car.

Did I read about your TME on Lancer register - Do you live/work in france? (apologies if that sounds obserd)

Mike

Last edited by terzo204; 29 June 2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 29 June 2006, 05:31 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed from WR Blue to Crystal Grey and I`m very happy with my decision. Once cleaned and waxed it looks mature, understated yet worth every penny of the price tag! Glad you`re enjoying the car. A rare colour for that model.
Old 29 June 2006, 08:13 PM
markGT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by terzo204
Did I read about your TME on Lancer register - Do you live/work in france? (apologies if that sounds obserd)Mike
Yeh I moved over to France 3 years ago with my wife. I love it to bits and the roads were made for sports cars with not a copper or speed camera in site.

Its funny when I go out in the scoob as people just stare and kids just want to know how fast it goes. A few weeks ago I was parked next to a Porsche C4S and this kid just walked straight past the porker and started to take loads of pictures of the scoob