Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My Classic shape McRae Edition

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2006, 02:32 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My Classic shape McRae Edition

My baby before she went into the garage before xmas ......
(plus one of the engine nearly ready to go back in now )

Sti4 Shell with half guage steel lightweight panels
Aluminium bonnet
Aluminium boot lid
Sti6 Front & Rear bumpers
P1 Sideskirts
P1 Rear Spoiler
P1 Splitter grafted onto Sti6 front bumper
Hockeysticks fitted to rear bumper
Afterburner Rear light conversion
Twin headlamp conversion with blue Angel eyes
Clear indicators
Bonnet Pins (aluminium bonnet flaps over a ton!!!)

Has had neons fitted too but there's a plan to modify them in a specific way so it doesn't look like a cheesy nova!!!

The engine was an EJ20 running 330bhp n 285lbs of torque .....

she's due back with different decals (still being designed at the moment but leaning towards a lary american style :S) and a shiney new 2.5ltr bottom end that should be pushing 500+bhp when its completely finished

(thats all the pretty pics .... u dont wanna see the reason why she got done up! lol! - black ice is a painfull experience )

Old 16 January 2006, 07:18 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Lovely looking scoob mate. And the graphics seem to suit it.
Darren
Old 16 January 2006, 10:02 AM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Looking good.....where did you get the ally boot lid?
Old 16 January 2006, 10:06 AM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Thats not a p1 rear spoiler ...........sti version 5 rear spoiler i reckon.
Old 16 January 2006, 10:16 AM
nealy_16v
Scooby Newbie

Very nice mate
Old 16 January 2006, 12:56 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Deffo a sti 5 spoiler. Very nice though!
Old 16 January 2006, 02:10 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

You did that to a McRae??? Surely I'm not the only one thinking that.

Are the specials not worth anything these days?

Mike.
Old 16 January 2006, 02:20 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Thats has a roof vent, retro fit or import? As Mcraes never had them.
Old 16 January 2006, 02:34 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikesWagon
You did that to a McRae???
Was thinking the exact same thing
Old 16 January 2006, 03:28 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Spotted the pink badge, and thinking colour looked a bit funny, is it one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza...QQcmdZViewItem

If it is, I'll let you off.
Old 16 January 2006, 06:33 PM
dibbleyuk
Scooby Regular

i fort nemisis had gone under?
Old 16 January 2006, 06:52 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

looks cool mate
Old 16 January 2006, 09:43 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

MikesWagon - yeah she is one of those number 48 of 555 and F*** me is she quick!!! little fettling got her upto 330bhp and able to waste a lamborghini murchilago (sp?!) Unfortunately also wasted the oil pump without me realising and 2 days later rod number 3 decided it didn't like where it was living

As for modding it well, courtesy of a certain local county council being slack the xmas before last, i found a sheet of black ice 3 car lengths long on my local dual carriageway while i was doing 50mph round an extremely gentle bend (normal car in normal conditions 70mph+ bend). The result being the police closing the road for several hours until the council turned up to sort it and me standing in the middle of the road looking at my rear quarter that was mostly still on the central reservation Decided then to mod it as i've always wanted something different (hence buying a scoob) and also as trying to source original parts was pretty much impossible short of importing the lot! Didn't like any of the bodykits available so i made my own by using bits from other models and courtesy of 'little johnny' borrowing daddy's car for the weekend there's lots to choose from lol!!! It may go against the grain a little cos its a limited edition but i'm happy with how she looks n she never fails to turn heads so i reckon i got it right ..... moddings always been about going against the grain a little anyway - no point modding it to look like someone elses

thnx for all the compliments evry1 else
Old 16 January 2006, 09:55 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

rooferman - the ally lid is apparently standard on the imported McRae edition .... whether thats true or it was an aftermarket fitted in japan before it was imported i don't know! I do know the nemesis boys had a pig trying to straighten the corner of it though lol!

Sti5 or P1 spoiler? - u guys would know better than me! the guy i bought it from told me it was from a P1 but to be honest i'm not overly bothered one way or another as it looks the part on the back and i got it virtually for free which was a bonus - front & rear bumpers, sideskirts and spoiler for £200 i thought was quite reasonable all things considered

Finally nemesis gone bust? wouldn't know as i havn't been back there since the work was done - their after sales care wasn't quite the full ticket! It would be bad form for me to make comments about the quality of their work or tell tales but suffice to say i wouldn't recommend them to my friends anymore so i wouldn't be surprised if they had gone bust!
Old 16 January 2006, 10:41 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

My original post was referring to the UK series McRae. That's probably the car that got me and the missus into Scoobs in the first place, so the thought of modifying one of them doesn't sit well with me.

Fair play to you on what you've done. It's certainly different, and that's what it's all about.

Mike.
Old 17 January 2006, 02:43 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

mike - apologies if my baby's caught a nerve dude! Completely understand where you're coming from and to an extent i agree with you too! This is why she got modified tho (consider this WAS ONLY 50mph!!!) .......

Old 17 January 2006, 02:54 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

should also mention the rear tyre looks nearly bald in the pic - the tyre was only 3 months old and hardly used, the reason its bald is cos having spun 180 degrees and found nothing happening on the brakes i gave up with them, dropped it to 2nd and floored it hoping to stop by driving out of it before the barrier! It had a marginally better effect than the brakes but was mostly just spinning and peeling the layers of rubber off as it went! The saving grace was my gf at the time wasnt injured and her muppet brother sitting in the back who'd decided not to wear his seatbelt got wedged between the flared heads on the front seats so he didn't go head first through the front screen! A bad day but by all acounts a good day too particularly considering a lady following me with a 3 year old child in her car saw mine get out of shape and was able to brake before she hit the ice so she slid nicely to a stop rubbing the barrier and only cracking her headlamp lense! One very mangled scooby but, 3 people got out in one piece plus a mum and 3 year old had enough warning to stay safe too ..... it was a painfull experience to say the least but one id gladly do again!!!!!!
Old 17 January 2006, 08:33 AM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Ouch right enough, and no need for apologies.

Scary what you can do at what seems like a relatively low speed. Glad nobody was hurt.

Mike.
Old 17 January 2006, 12:32 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

cheers mike

as for the damage - those armco barriers are ba5tads lol! in fairness though, the McRae panels are a lighter weight guage than the normal ones apparently so perhaps thats why it got so badly damaged ..... would've expected the main shell to be the same though :S ..... unless they acid bathed it in production but thats a very scary thought!!!
Old 17 January 2006, 11:44 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

ouch gotta hurt, hope you get it sorted soon. but glad your ok

on another note
hate to bang on about it but its not a series macrae, its a 555 v limited.

mcraes were a uk car only and they only ever made 200 of them, see pics below.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...e/PB290020.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...e/PB290026.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...e/PB290023.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...e/PB290027.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...e/PB290024.jpg
Old 18 January 2006, 12:11 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You managed to strip a 3 month old tyre by wheel spinning in slippy conditions??? My thinks there wasn't much rubber there to start with
And you wasted a 572 Bhp Murcielago with 330 Bhp
Old 18 January 2006, 12:28 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
you wasted a 572 Bhp Murcielago with 330 Bhp
I was thinking the same, until I realised that this could of in fact happened on a particularly twisty section of road...

Its a big improvement over the 2nd set of pictures you put up!!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 18 January 2006, 03:04 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

tidgy - dunno what to tell ya dude! Mines the same as the one in the link Mike put on :S Think perhaps i'll get one of the scooby dealers to run the chassis number and see if they can tell me!

brun - i put a lot of effort in!!! lol! Both rear tyres were completely road legal and the one in the piccie was put on new when i bought the car as i'd complained to the guy i bought it from that the ones on it were knackered lol! Due to me being 25 at the time and according to the police, looking young for the car, i got pulled over almost everytime i went out in it - it took me at least half an hour to go down the petrol station for a pack of ciggies! 5 minutes to get me cigs and 25 minutes standing there watching them crawl all over the car everytime!

As to wasting the murcielago, i never claimed i did it on open roads or motorways!!! lol!!! I cant think of many scoobs i've seen rolling around on the roads that could take on a murcielago like that! My spat was on short stretches of dual carriageway, roundabouts and a couple of bendyish back lanes ..... long enough stretches for the lambo to open up but not enough for him to get past 140mph which is roughly where mine tops out. Don't get me wrong, i was almost red-lining every gear but having the type ra sprint box was what made the difference! Also bear in mind that mine weighs in about 240lbs less (think thats right :S) than a standard scoob! ..... If you've not been in one then seriously, get a ride sorted in one cos you really wont believe how different it is! Mine with my boost controller turned off running just on actuator pressure was holding my mates normal import wrx sti running a barr of boost on 0-60!
Old 18 January 2006, 08:06 AM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rooferman
Looking good.....where did you get the ally boot lid?

The only lightweight panel on the classic type ra range is the ally bonnet.
They use the same gauge steel as all the other classic impreza jdm range.

I think if you put a magnet on the bootlid you,ll see that you have been misinformed........

Fellow type ra owner.

P.s Has it got dccd and ic waterspray?
Old 18 January 2006, 08:58 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

there is so much bull**** on this BBS

PMSL
Old 18 January 2006, 09:05 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobymad555
mike - apologies if my baby's caught a nerve dude! Completely understand where you're coming from and to an extent i agree with you too! This is why she got modified tho (consider this WAS ONLY 50mph!!!) .......
how does this excuse the fact that you fitted chav rear lights ? it needed straightend and painted, it would have been easier to put it back to standerd?

the older shape rear bumper and uk spec rear lights can be had for pennys, the spoiler looksok as well
Old 18 January 2006, 11:20 AM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Its not a mcrae!!!!

And wtf lighter weight gauge panels ?
Old 18 January 2006, 01:08 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

rooferman - Are your doors any different? - having had to change the rear door on mine, there seemed to be a difference in weight between my original door and the door i had to replace it with. Oh and yeah, mine has got the i.c. waterspray and the dccd - the watersprays being removed though as i've gone to a fmic and will have a c02 spray bar on it instead - the dccd can be fun though

StickyMike - So you don't like the lights lol! Doesn't make them 'chav' m8! If i'd fitted lexus style clusters i'd have to accept your comment but i didn't ..... would have to suggest your opinion (and the peeps that agree) are in the minority cos every scoob driver thats seen my car in the flesh has liked the lights front and rear! Last visit to the Ace Cafe saw me spending more time telling people where i got the lights from than anything else!!! As for returning it to standard, if you've read the other posts (im assuming you have) then you'll notice i said i wanted a modified car that was unique. Scoobs are getting fairly common round my way these days due to the price dropping so much on the older ones now (my younger brothers friend managed to pick one up for £2800 and he's only just turned 23!!!) so its nice to have something that stands out a little! There was also a financial decision to made too - it was cheaper to buy those rear lights new and have them sprayed up than it was to source a genuine scooby rear lamp! Finally the bumpers (and anything else), if you know of a good source to aquire the correct parts for a limited edition import then please do let me know cos it'll be most useful for future reference! All the places i tried either had nothing or if they did have it, wanted ridiculous money for second hand parts!

16vmarc - perfectly happy to accept its not a uk mcrae dude! that was an easy one to know being as it was imported lol! Im even willing to accept that i've been misinformed on it being a jdm mcrae (if they even made one!) but if its not then a) someone should inform the guy selling his in MikesWagon's link for starters and b) wtf is mine then?! - Did all the v-limited's come with the McRae autographed seats etc as standard then?

By the way just out of curiosity, all you guys here that are criticising the car and what you think it is ..... how many of you have even actually seen one in the flesh nevermind been in one? ..... just wondered
Old 18 January 2006, 02:15 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Mines a version 5 type ra limited and i,m sure the doors are the same weight as previous models.The type ra range have alluminuim bonnet,no underseal,no sideskirts,rear trims and reduced sound proofing and thinner glass on rear screen.
Mine has no rear wipe,bootlight,front driving lights and fixed rear seat(lighter than uk split design)all as factory spec.

Your car had no sti badge under side indcators,so wandered whether it had dccd/waterspray and was in fact an sti...

Could do with a version 5 grill to match the facelift front bumper/splitter.

Car looks fine i think
Old 18 January 2006, 02:22 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobymad555
tidgy - dunno what to tell ya dude! Mines the same as the one in the link Mike put on :S Think perhaps i'll get one of the scooby dealers to run the chassis number and see if they can tell me!

brun - i put a lot of effort in!!! lol! Both rear tyres were completely road legal and the one in the piccie was put on new when i bought the car as i'd complained to the guy i bought it from that the ones on it were knackered lol! Due to me being 25 at the time and according to the police, looking young for the car, i got pulled over almost everytime i went out in it - it took me at least half an hour to go down the petrol station for a pack of ciggies! 5 minutes to get me cigs and 25 minutes standing there watching them crawl all over the car everytime!

As to wasting the murcielago, i never claimed i did it on open roads or motorways!!! lol!!! I cant think of many scoobs i've seen rolling around on the roads that could take on a murcielago like that! My spat was on short stretches of dual carriageway, roundabouts and a couple of bendyish back lanes ..... long enough stretches for the lambo to open up but not enough for him to get past 140mph which is roughly where mine tops out. Don't get me wrong, i was almost red-lining every gear but having the type ra sprint box was what made the difference! Also bear in mind that mine weighs in about 240lbs less (think thats right :S) than a standard scoob! ..... If you've not been in one then seriously, get a ride sorted in one cos you really wont believe how different it is! Mine with my boost controller turned off running just on actuator pressure was holding my mates normal import wrx sti running a barr of boost on 0-60!
lol, they prob wont be able to tell you cos its an import special lol, the mcrae was def uk car, uk turbo with 10k's worth of prodrive goodies, the reason people think the v limited 555 is a mcrae cos its got mcrae stiched on the seats.

looks smart though mate no matter what edition it is, still a scoob and you gotta love em

o an i know a scoob that whould beat a lambo , in fact two lol

Quick Reply: My Classic shape McRae Edition