Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Bandwagon time!, oh the shame! 56k

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2005, 05:03 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Bandwagon time!, oh the shame! 56k

Ok, after people posting progress pics of their cars on here i thought id look back at mine and have a go myself! (sorry!) The car hasnt really had a lot done to it compared to you guys though! The car wasnt standard when i bought it so i cant take credit for the good stuff (was previously Otis' car) I have added a few little things myself though over the 2 years ive owned it, and hopefully you guys will continue to inspire it!

How it no doubt left the dealers in Nov 1999:
[img]http://www.adriansslotcarworld.co.uk...Subaru4-35.JPG[/img]

How the car looked when i bought it in Aug 2003:

By this point it had PPP, 17" P1 alloys, Alcon front discs and braided hoses all round. 22b/WRC style rear wing, Impreza rub strips, Momo gear lever, Prodrive Quickshift and P1 clutch and lightened fly. Lucky me! Oh and it was de tangoed!

Otis told me the car had cylinder head off to sort out a rattle that turned out in the end to be a valve for the servo. He told me all the valve sleeves were ground and reseated.

The first thing i did was a fit a Green air filter, no pic for this! Oh and the ghastly Philips tape deck was binned in favour of an Alpine cd unit! A Tracker was also fitted

Jan 2004:

Next were the genuine STi rear lights

Before:

After:

These took 2 attempts at sealing before they stopped leaking!

May 2004:

I then changed the rear brakes for some EBC Grooved and Slotted with Green Stuff pads as they were definatly on their way out, and as the hubs seem to have a habit of badly rusting i painted those too!

Oh and a pink i badge was fitted around this time too!

Aug 2004:

Disaster! Crash the car Luckily at low speed. The damage:

New bonnet, bumper, wing, headlight and new de tangoed repeaters.

Next was a square plate again no pics!

Nov 2004:

Carbon radiator cover fitted as bought in SN group buy:

Also the car back to how it was!

Mar 2005:

22b/WRC style bonnet vents bought:

Apr 2005:

Calipers sanded down and painted and new pads upfront.
Original post: http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...lipers+painted

May 2005:

Scoobyworld gauge pod bought (more of that later!)

June 2005:

Car develops a misfire, plugs are changed no joy. £235 later and a new MAF is fitted. Car seems better although still not right in my eyes.

Gauges bought

July 2005:

Breather filter bought, still not fitted as baffled as to where i can put it!

Aug 2005:

Fitting gauges, dash apart:

Original post: http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...=gauges+fitted

Thats pretty much it for now, unless something really does take my fancy! If i had money to spend like you guys who knows what it could be like!
Old 22 August 2005, 06:48 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's looking good there Mark.... you were lucky to have so much done to the car when you bought it ... PPP is a bonus that's for sure.
I remember seeing your thread about the gauges, very nice matey and quite well priced to
I had not realised you were having a misfire problem ? still not sorted fully yet ?? I had my MAF changed at the last service just in case as mine has now got 46k on the clock.
Save up your pennys and get the side skirts colour coded... that's about the only thing I can suggest as the rest has been done
Oh and what makes you think the rest of us have any money left

Simon
Old 22 August 2005, 07:15 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

When i bought the car i didnt know much about imprezas and i only found out about the PPP when i asked about the single exhaust and intercooler pipe on here! I bumped into Otis in Halfords car park (he was in an 03 PPP!) and he told me about the clutch etc. (my brother cant get the hang of it!)

Yeah, the misfire started back in April. I changed the NGK6's for 7's but the problem remained. I had the MAF replaced which seemed to cure the problem. Now however the car feels hesitant unless its on boost. I dont know if thats a characteristic of the 7 plugs though.

I wouldnt mind the side skirts colour coding actually, would finish it off nicely. Id have to ditch the flaps though.

A WR Sport rear wing would be nice but as this is bolted on i cant really!

I now have my brother talking about modding his standard MY00 so i may have some competition!!
Old 22 August 2005, 08:06 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
A WR Sport rear wing would be nice but as this is bolted on i cant really!
Hey maybe you could get a swap after all dont' you have a rare spoiler on ??Bootlids are also quite cheap I have picked a DBM one up for £20 it's in the shed out the way as when I do sell the car I plan on removing the Sti5 from the rear and I drilled all of the boot when I fitted it.

Of course your brother has a red mica I remember now
I'm sorry I can't give you any engine advise as I know very little of what goes on under the bonnet as yet.... I'm still on the learning curve myself and have not looked under there yet.

The other small job I did was to pull those awful rubber strips off the rear wheel arches.... the muck and damp holds up under there and is a rust spot waiting to happen... so I ditched them and cleaned all that curve off to save any future problems.
Old 22 August 2005, 08:25 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

My spoilers widely available on the net!!! I think the price for the WR wing is shocking!

My brothers selling his KTM Supomoto as he never uses it, no doubt to fund modding his scooby!

Im pretty much stumped myself now on the engine front!

I wouldnt mind losing the bump strips but i dont want to be left with damaged paint behind!
Old 22 August 2005, 08:53 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
My spoilers widely available on the net!!! I think the price for the WR wing is shocking!

My brothers selling his KTM Supomoto as he never uses it, no doubt to fund modding his scooby!

Im pretty much stumped myself now on the engine front!

I wouldnt mind losing the bump strips but i dont want to be left with damaged paint behind!
I did not realise your wing was that common on the net, that's a pity it would have been good as a bartering tool.

Those strips should come off easy enough with a kettle of hot water gently poured on them they should become quite flexible and I would think they will gently pull off without to much effort, they are just sticky back.