Pictures from Rallye Sunseeker

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2004, 12:35 PM
wiltshire_boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures from Rallye Sunseeker

Lots of them here:- http://roy-parker.fotopic.net/c128790.html

If any one wants the original higher resolution versions let me know.

Fantastic event, really well organised and it was nice to be able to get close up. It did get a bit chilly at times though

Roy.
Old 04 March 2004, 12:42 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by wiltshire_boy
Fantastic event, really well organised and it was nice to be able to get close up. It did get a bit chilly at times though

Roy.
Are you sure??? I thought the organisation was crap compared to the past few years

We followed you out of stage 14 on Saturday in Ians Mondeo
Old 04 March 2004, 04:48 PM
wiltshire_boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul,

I've never been before but i thought it was all quite well done really. What was it that pissed you off?

Didn't recognise the Mondeo or i would have waved!
Old 04 March 2004, 04:57 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Roy

The organisation was crap We tried going to stage 4 but couldn't in because of traffic so went to stage 5 (Somerley) then went of to get dinner with the intention of going to SS13 but couldn't get in there either due to crap directions, traffic & parking so we went on to SS14 which is where we saw your car (but not you ) whith the hope of going down the road to SS16 but the queue to get back into Somerley was a joke In the past I have been to a minimum of 4 stages in the day and nearer 6 but this year all we managed due to the crap traffic and parking was 2 What made it even more disapointing was that they had cancelled some of the stages too The rally radio was also useless because out where the stages were there was no reception I now wish we had just spent the day at Somerley, at least we would have seen 3 stages.

Paul
Old 04 March 2004, 05:32 PM
wiltshire_boy
Scooby Regular

Ah, i see the problem now!

Totally agree about the rally radio being useless as soon as you left Bournemouth, i heard at least a couple of people swearing after having bought one of the little portable radios on stage.

Because of a ***** up at the hotel we only saw Somerley and SS14 as well. We were at Somerley from 9.30 till 1.30 though and saw the Rallycross boys showing off.

I hadn't realised there were so many problems with parking and queues, we were almost tempted to go back into Bournmouth for the Finish ramp but glad we didn't now.
I think next year i'll try and get accommodation out by Verwood somewhere if they do the Friday night thing again and i'll be a bit more selective about me passes.
Old 04 March 2004, 10:31 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Paul, The traffic was bad at stage four, we were stuck in it. The reason was, cars were struggling on the ice while trying to get in and park. Luckly for us stage was delayed which just gave enough time to get parked. Thanks to the chap in the defender who had to tow us out of the snow when leaving . Then went to somerly and stayed for the rallycross boys and the next somerly stage @2.00pm . We still then managed 3 more stages in the afternoon and the final ramp back on the seafront. Have to agree about the organisation not as good as previous years.
Old 05 March 2004, 05:24 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roy,
I see you got a pic of the 6 wheeled Range Rover that was my transportation for the day. So much fun

The Dakar truck was a friend of the mate I went with, so managed to watch some of the RallyX cars from in the cab. Awesome bit of kit. I bet he didn't have any problems getting out the car park

We didn't have any problems with traffic on the forrestry roads Well why else would you drive a 6 wheeled Range Rover!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 05 March 2004, 09:58 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

With the sunseeker you have to plan your stages beforehand as it is such a compact event , We managed to do 6 stages in the day 3,6,8,10,14, but only stayed for the first 20 cars. Stages 3,6,8,10, were no spectator stages so we managed to keep clear of all the traffic and paid local house owners to use their land to park and gain access very close to the stages so it can be done just needs a bit of planning.

Agree about Rally Radio reception was crap and is still crap because it's on for the rest of the month!!!

Regards

John