Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Pic request: Prodrive headlights on MY01/02

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2003, 03:55 AM
HyRax
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Could someone who owns an MY01/02 with Prodrive WRC-style headlights fitted post a night shot of the low-beam light against a wall?

I've just recently bought a set of Prodrive headlights myself and while they work perfectly, I noticed that the beam's appearance from both lights is in the shape __/ __/ (the "/" bit is where the light shines off to the side to illuminate the side of the road)which to me makes them look like LHD lights. I thought RHD lights were supposed to be \__ \__, illuminating the left side of the road more? My current config to me seems would glare on-coming traffic.

A couple of emails around to suppliers here in Oz suggest that Prodrive only ever made these lights in RHD anyway and we directly import the UK version, so I just want to compare what our UK cousins have projecting out. If they're the same as mine, well then case closed. :-)

Thanks.
Old 18 January 2003, 09:24 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have the prodrive wrc lights fitted to my wrx my02 and I can confirm that they do shine to the left if that is any help.
Old 19 January 2003, 01:26 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Agree, I also get a "rainbow effect" pattern shining on the floor or across the back of the car in front. They are adjustable by a long screw behind under bonnet but that is up and down only.
Old 19 January 2003, 10:52 PM
HyRax
Scooby Newbie

Gussy: Thanks for that. Now I can feed that back to the local suppliers!

Yorkie: I don't get a rainbow effect? When I adjusted the up & down on mine, I just connected the adjustment motors to the 12v battery to run it until I was happy with the height (we don't have the adjustment switch in Oz like the UK/JDM version does, but the wiring is there, oddly enough).