Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Yellow EVO and blue scoob

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2002, 01:42 PM
robman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't let that Felstead take all the glory :-)

For anyone that doesn't know, these are 2 inch long Bit Char-g radio controlled cars - a craze that is sweeping across the globe from Hong Kong and should hopefully be officially available in the UK in the Summer.

The EVO is standard except for a particularly fast 2.2 motor and some paint work (mirrors, exhausts etc). It is pretty swift and controllable, and very quick off the line.

The scoob has got worn medium compound rear tyres and very hard front tyres (taken from a Bit Racer) which gives it lovely slidability without doing too many donuts. The motor is a 3.0 Lucifer and the gearing had been changed to 12:1 for more acceleration. Suspension has been changed to soft, but I'm still working on finding the best set-up for my wooden floor! I've painted the headlights, mirrors and exhaust, and made a custom wet-transfer decal of scaled-down carbon fibre which I have used for the rear spoiler. When my Skyline arrives (two-speed jobbie) it will be getting a carbon fibre effect bonnet and spoiler as well as black and alloy rims.

Yes I am sad, before anyone says it :-)

r

[Edited by robman - 6/26/2002 2:40:33 PM]
Old 26 June 2002, 03:26 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

LOL
Old 26 June 2002, 07:46 PM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

robman, must pop round one afternoon
Old 27 June 2002, 09:54 AM
robman
Scooby Regular

You're more than welcome 'chelle. I've moved house now and very nearly bought the one about 200 yards up the road from your house! The one that is on the main road towards town and set high up overlooking the river/stream thing. Decided not to in the end because that road is just too busy to be safe for our 2 year old.
Old 27 June 2002, 02:49 PM
asifR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

how much do those little beasts set u back??????????

and from where??????????
Old 27 June 2002, 08:17 PM
robman
Scooby Regular

To get one in from Hong Kong will set you back about 25 quid per car. You can find them on www.ebay.co.uk if you search for bit char-g and specify "available to the UK" although some guys in the UK are selling them on ebay. There is a site selling them over here but the prices are sky high (50 quid per car) so I'm not going to promote it here.

The kit with all the extras (3 tyre compounds, 3 suspension settings, 3 gear ratios, a 2.2 motor and, erm, "lovely" 1986 Toyota Corrola body) will cost nearer 40 quid but is well worth it. That's where I got my strangely rapid 2.2 motor from.

Don't be put off by the slow speed of the 1.0 motors that most cars come with. As soon as you stick a 2.2 or 2.6 in you'll be giggling like a little kid as they oversteer, understeer and even flip all over the place!

Extra motors range from 3 quid to 5 quid but the 3.0 motor is a bit unreliable so most people seem to choose the 2.6 motor for top speed unless they've modified the car to run two batteries!!

If anyone in Staffordshire is keen to race them let me know 'cause I'm building a track.

Ok, I'll stop now because now I *really* sound sad :-)
Old 28 June 2002, 01:01 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

LOL

thats a good excuse to avoid michelles gaff.
Old 28 June 2002, 01:05 AM
Little Miss WRX

Talking

oi JF [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

robman, do you mean close to where I used to live or where I live now?

Mail me and I will pop over, we need to get together with Neil about the Staffs do aswell
Old 29 June 2002, 10:11 AM
robman
Scooby Regular

Will do Michelle. Didn't realise you'd moved recently too!

BTW all this discussion of Cem's Skyline has made me go out and buy another two Skylines. Ok, so they're only 60mm long but it's the thought that counts :-) So my little Bit Char-g garage is now full.
Old 29 June 2002, 10:23 AM
Little Miss WRX

Talking

Decided not to in the end because that road is just too busy to be safe for our 2 year old.
Aye, it is a dangerous road for a little one who doesn't realise the dangers and would be one to stray down.
That is the reason we don't let my sister out of our sight. She has no real road sense.

Are you now located closer to where I used to live? I still look as I go past your old house to see if your scoob is there, now I know why I haven't seen it for a while

Post some piccies of the Skylines