Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Playing seats in my RA

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2022, 01:30 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Playing seats in my RA

I bought these Recaro seats before I bought my RA and had them retrimmed before being fitted. They've been in pretty much since the start. (They're also for sale BTW) These are the 2nd set of Recaros as I bought 2 new SPGs at vast expense which turned out to be tiny in the hips.

I absolutely love how these SR5s look in the car and really suit it. However, I find them uncomfortable after a short space of time. Doesn't happen to my GF who can drive the car for hours with no issues. I get pain in my legs even in my OE BMW F31 seats so I guess simply suscepitble to it.

I also tried a Recaro Pole Position for a while which felt OK to sit in but just was overall a bit "meh". Having been through a decent selection of Recaro seats I can't say I'm all that impressed. I had a Sabelt Taurus is a sim rig which felt way better quality than the SPG and Pole.

So now I'm onto Corbeau and their Pro X range. This is a standard size which actually fits pretty well. I considered the XL but this suits my hips and upper legs fine. Not as practical and not really as nice looking but really nice to sit in and no early leg pain.

Last edited by EddScott; 27 May 2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old 30 May 2022, 04:38 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

Good looking seats there! I previously bough an SPG and had the same experience, I think they're designed for kids! I've always fancied a pair of pole positions and will probably go that way when I finally sort myself out a track car; what didn't you like about them? I also like the look of the Cobra Nogaro

Old 31 May 2022, 10:21 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Oooh they're nice

The Pole was OK but the back was a little too short for me. I'm not particularly tall but long limbed. It also didn't feel as nice as the Corbeau (or the Sabelt I've previously had). It felt flimsy.

I also love the Kevlar backing on the Corbeau.

Drove the car for a couple of hours on Sunday. Way more comfortable and even the high sides don't seem to be a big issue. I was worried it would be awkward getting in and out but I don't really notice it.
Old 31 May 2022, 05:54 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Ive just returned to sti seats after having sparco evos which were very comfortable and i now feel like im sitting on the roof cos there so high up.

Love the look of the ones Adam posted, the manufacturer is in hasting so not too far from me.