Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Simons 2015 Wr blue Wrx Sti

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2020, 02:30 PM
gc8simon
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Simons 2015 Wr blue Wrx Sti

Afternoon people, its been awhile since I've posted anything on here but thought I would chuck up a slight build thread of my newly purchased 2015 Sti. Some back ground on my past Subaru's first, in 2017 at 18 I bought a Hawkeye R sport, fitted pro drive gt1's pedders suspension and a few other mods;

Then I sold the non turbo back end of 2017, early 2018 I purchased jakes old white bugeye wrx. I spent a fair bit of money on it adding my own touch to it including revolution wheels, carbon prodrive seats + harnesses;

I ended up selling the bugeye with the intentions of buying a hawk STI, that never happened and I ended up foolishly buying an 8p Audi s3 which I kept for 6 months. The next Subaru I bought was a WRX-S which I let the mrs use and I kept on top of maintenance and just keeping it clean and tidy;

The hatch got sold November last year and the mrs bought something diesel which left me with itchy feet and wanting another Impreza, so I worked out some figures sold my 320d and at the age of 23 now I went to pick up this 2015 still last week, 2 owners 13500 miles, Full genuine Sit lowline kit, team dynamic gold wheels, yellow stuff pads with drilled and grooved discs, milltek catback exhaust, and a bunch of Perrin engine by a dress up parts. The car is my daily so not sure on the end picture and goal but will just go at it with the plans I have in mind to start with. So onto the pictures, a standard service station new ownership photo was required;

Then took some photos of it all around the next day;

Then on my days off work I set about a deep cleaning and getting some protection on the paint/glass and wheels/arches/calipers. Ended up debadging the rear and removed the exhaust trims;

Arch liners cleaned and protected, along with wheels and callipers;

Then it was time to pull it outside to see the finished results;

Then ordered some mudflaps, turned up the other day so I fitted them but I dislike them so will be removing them in the next few days,

Thats everything up to date as we speak, the next things on the to do list are;
  • Remove mudflaps
  • Replace wheel nuts and locking nuts
  • Deep clean the engine bay and remove a few items not to my taste
  • Wait for my new catback exhaust to turn up to replace the very quiet milltek exhaust.
Simon.
​​​​​​​
The following 3 users liked this post by gc8simon:
Old 25 February 2020, 06:46 PM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

looking good Simon.

Siv.
Old 29 February 2020, 02:31 PM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great. I think the mud flaps look fine, but they just need to be Black, not Blue and they will suit the car much better.
Old 04 March 2020, 06:57 PM
gc8simon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sivo
looking good Simon.

Siv.
Thanks Siv

Originally Posted by Matt23
Car looks great. I think the mud flaps look fine, but they just need to be Black, not Blue and they will suit the car much better.
I have left the mudflaps on for now as they have grown on me, but I'm going to wait till I fit new wheels and see if they suit the look. If they do I will probably spend that little bit extra and buy some black rally armour ones.

Time for a new update, so the day of posting this thread I ended up getting a slow puncture from a nail which was repairable, but I found the locking wheel nut key all chewed up and didn't like the wheel nuts fitted so I ordered some Black Muteki wheel nuts from Tarmac Sports;

Then a second parcel turned up which was from VIP Motorsports;

I am super happy with the exhaust, I've wanted one forever but never felt like my other cars were worth the price tag that the tomei comes with. It is loud no doubt but it is perfect, doesn't need a downpipe etc. Fitment is brilliant as expected does sit a little close to a plastic undercover near the heat shield on the fuel tank but with a little repositioning its perfect. So now the Milltek will be sold to fund the new wheels which is next on the list. Next job was to give the car a good wash and clean;

Last job on the list was to finally tackle the under bonnet grime - the wax oil Subaru put on the inlet manifolds, throttle body and numerous brackets/pipes. So here's some before photos;

Now some after photo's, I have left the wax oil on the abs pump just because I feel it is beneficial and I removed the intercooler guard due to not been to my liking;

So once again that's everything up to date, I need to sell the Milltek catback next and save up for the Wheels/tyres. Im hoping to have them all on and sorted before Japfest Silverstone in May.

Cheers Simon.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05 March 2020, 08:59 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Good job, hope the new wheel nuts don't rust as quickly as mine did.
Old 23 April 2020, 09:11 PM
gc8simon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Good job, hope the new wheel nuts don't rust as quickly as mine did.
I hope not too, I had some blue TPI ones years ago and they didn't last long so will be keeping my eye on these.

Anyway time for an update, milltek exhaust got sold so got some money back in, I am still working during this Covid19 situation if anything more hours than usual so the cars still getting used and the pay checks still coming in. That being said the first new change was some 12x6 plates and a clean;

Then I received 4 parcels..

So I ordered 18x8.5 et35 speed line Turini's in anthracite, using the current tyres and swapping over the oem tpms sensors. These admittedly aren't the wheels I originally had in mind - they were Enkei nt03+m or Volk te37's but I couldn't justify the money on a daily driven car, anyway I'm very happy with how they look on the car especially since I only really know of 2 people online with them. Anyway onto some pictures;

This photo just captures the offsets of the wheels now and how they sit;

And to finish just some nice countryside shots early one morning after finishing a nightshift;

So that's the thread all back up to date again, the next couple of bits on the list I think are going to be Black STI wing insert badges, Whiteline Grip 1 handling kit - Springs, Front + Rear ARB'S and drop links and finally try and settle my mind on blue or black mudflaps.. Simon.

The following users liked this post:
Old 28 April 2020, 05:46 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

lovely looking car you have mate, in my opinion the wheels look too small now

i would say black mudflaps buddy with the sti logo on them
Old 28 April 2020, 08:11 PM
johnoggy
Scooby Regular

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

lovley car you have there, to be honest im not struck on the wheels not sure what it is , i think it could be the colour , but thats just my opinion , but it does look very nice