Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My first scooby! Start of a journey (Blob WRX)

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2016, 11:45 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first scooby! Start of a journey (Blob WRX)

New here!
A month ago i picked up my first scoob
Since owning it i can feel an obsession lol i guess that happens with everyone who gets one.
Anyway i thought id log my bits n bobs i fit to my car starting with styling in and out, and then when im done, id be used to how the car performs and want to push for more power.
The car is completely stock engine wise. All that has been added is a hks ssqv and a ninja backbox.
Heres a couple of pics of how it is before i get to work (realised later on i had a smear on the right of the lens hence the dullness!)
Posts to follow!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1429.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	21094   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1430.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	21095  
Old 19 July 2016, 07:18 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Fog light covers (with stickers i put on) and front splitter
I like the look of this without the sti winglets, made specifically for the wrx from ht autos and the only place i could find this, which means not everyone has my front end which i like most. Il admit there was a little part of me that didnt want to mod the bumper for the winglets to fit

Last edited by karlos89; 19 July 2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 19 July 2016, 07:21 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

NICE.SJ.
Old 19 July 2016, 07:34 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
NICE.SJ.
cheers man mud flaps next and wheels refurb is booked in for next week. Gotta be gold right?
Old 20 July 2016, 08:56 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice looking car. Welcome!
Old 21 July 2016, 03:31 AM
ScruffyDoo
Scooby Newbie

nice looks
Old 13 August 2016, 11:25 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Default A couple of changes...

Last post i forgot to mention i swapped the ninja for the prodrive backbox as i snatched a deal, not only does it look better suited but i needed it to be slightly quiter than before as it will fit future plans that include some exhaust changes making it louder, (and i wanted it as is) before the remap. Still burbles though

So since my last post the wheels got a refurb, debated massively on wheel colour, thought its too typical to go gold, but this maybe my only scoob il own so if i have a blue body ive gotta go gold! Speedline gold infact. Subaru gold appears rather dull and i wanted to go for the jdm blob gold anyway which is slightly lighter. They look lighter and shinier when the suns out

Subaru gear **** and gaitor surround. Really adds a bit more to the interior imo. Coming from an e60, the interior is something i want to work on to be just a bit of a nicer place to be in. Miss that armrest!

I was then lucky enough to come across exactly what i wanted! Mainly, the front seats from the bugeye uk300! After some research it appears bugeye seats fit the snuggiest and thought id have to settle for the sti ones but didnt really want to slap too much sti stuff on the car. So i was going to hold off til my patiance wore out but luckily i managed to get a full set of uk300 interior, with no marks They fit me like a glove, much more supportive. Dont get me wrong, the standard seats were suprisingly really comfy too. I also bought the chrome handles seperate, and seat belt covers in the back. I thought the little one would appreciate that touch, and she did

And finally, A jdm hazard switch (didnt know it illuminates at night ) and an sti speedo cluster. I may not get the chance to own an sti and wanted to experience the shift bleep... sounds pretty cool when combined with the noise off the bov i must say (date on pic is wrong, its default settings on a new action cam)

Last edited by karlos89; 14 August 2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 14 August 2016, 06:14 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

karlos you need to fix your picture links as they are not showing.SJ.
Old 14 August 2016, 01:41 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
karlos you need to fix your picture links as they are not showing.SJ.
Sorted mate. Sorry, still a newb lol
Old 14 August 2016, 02:55 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

Looks well, i'll keep an eye out for you.

I spend quite a bit of time in Luton with work.
Old 15 August 2016, 01:26 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Looks nice well done.
Old 15 August 2016, 09:48 AM
malevolent_sti
Scooby Regular

Looks like a nice example. Welcome to 20mpg.
Old 12 March 2017, 09:02 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Default A few things done since last summer...

So, ive been rather lazy with the updates lol i got some things done just after last summer.
Main one being the car getting remapped. All i aquired was a prodrive sports cat downpipe jointed to what i think is named a scrubber cat delete pipe
I was then pointed to the direction of duncan grahem. Glad i did! Within minutes he had my car running 294bhp with 300lbt torque Much more than expected and from what ive read alot higher than the average from a td04.
However i wish i had decatted the uppipe, would have gotten that spool up earlier

A few cosmetic changes for the better imo :

Steering wheel. Didnt really want an sti one but i had to change the old one and liked this one the most. I mean, the old one was pretty much the same in the classics? Anyway, the silver looked dull and worn almost. So i sprayed it a more modern shade of silver. Red stitch handbrake also bought to tie everything in.

Facelift air vents. Gets rid of the blockiness that the old one brang with the one real and one fake cupholder lol. Used some of the silver i had to detail some centre section bits before the rest got sprayed in black. Ideally id have the whole centre facelft conversion but ive heard its a bit of a pita!

Speakers were pretty awful. upgraded all four and stuck a little sub in the back

Seen a sti titanium strut brace go for a good price

Thinking of getting rid of that bov...

Recently i bought new discs and pads all round as the old discs looked like they were reaching its last years and the oem pads were showing how bad they are with the extra power i had. For now, ive gone with the godspeed grooved discs and kevlar pads package. Nearly at 300 miles to do the bedding in faze and already can feel a stronger bite.

Calipers are something that are on the list. Discoloured and rusty! Any ideas for some colour combinations would be apreciated!

Thats it so far. Ive already set out what i wanted to do before buying the car. But theres a couple more things id like to do still, or is that what we all say?

I washed, polished and waxed a couple of days ago (was meant to do this before the winter ) but forgot, then couldnt be bothered in the cold!
Come up nice. Il leave with a couple of snaps. Also added a sqaure plate!

Oh apperantly i got sent the wrong bloody splitter, so i need to get another. This one is to suit the winglets from an sti...
Old 13 March 2017, 09:12 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

superb effort
Old 13 March 2017, 07:14 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
superb effort
Cheers mate
Old 14 March 2017, 11:43 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good work! I didn't realise the 300's seats were so good. I'll have to keep an eye out for them...
Old 14 March 2017, 07:22 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cambs_Stuart
Good work! I didn't realise the 300's seats were so good. I'll have to keep an eye out for them...
Thanks. Yh they fit very snug. Failing finding the bugeye uk300 seats (as there is only 300) the bugeye sti ones are exactly the same but with the sti logo embroided 👍

Last edited by karlos89; 14 March 2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 14 March 2017, 08:05 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Awesome tasty car love the mods