Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

First subaru!

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2014, 11:30 AM
Mikec13
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First subaru!

Hi to all I have recently purchased a impreza sport non turbo to save on insurance and I am hooked. Loved the look and sound of these cars since I was a young child now I get to drive one. This is my track project car so just thought I'd post it up and get some views on what you think and possible future mods. Thanks for looking
Old 06 October 2014, 12:06 PM
Mikec13
Scooby Newbie

http://https://www.scoobynet.com/mem...age-27250.html
Old 06 October 2014, 12:29 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

hi mate , yea looks lovely
Old 06 October 2014, 02:21 PM
WRXghost
Scooby Regular

I had a sport as my 1st subs. I sold it a few months ago wen I turned 25 got a V1 wrx now. But wen I had my sport I was like u wanted to do a track project with it. But as I got more info about it you realise you can't do much power wise even a conversation to a turbo (if you can find someone to do it) is expensive and can backfire big time. Best thing to do if you want a track car is wait till ur a bit older and get a turbo . I personally would make it look standard and get rid of the stickers. I lost so many races in my sport to cars like ford mondeo 1,8tdi and they get jolly because they think they done over a subs and wen that happens to you all you want is a turbo model lol saying that it is a nice subs (without the stickers lol) and the only mods that may effect your power is induction kit / exhaust think that'sall you can do with them oh yh wen I had mine I rang a few people about re-maping it. People are willing to map it but you will only gain around a extra 12bhp with the mods good luck

Last edited by WRXghost; 06 October 2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06 October 2014, 02:32 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

Yea loose the stickers
Old 06 October 2014, 02:52 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Man there seems to be a large amount of none turbo's coming on here lately, needs to be a culling
Old 06 October 2014, 02:54 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

drasticly decrese the weight. i meen go all out. this should make it abit nippy round the track for free!

Trending Topics

Old 06 October 2014, 03:03 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Yea can't see why it can't be made into good track car, what it looses in speed will be made up in handling, get it lowered on sti suspension or coilovers, sell bits of it that are not needed eg headlights replace with standard, strip interior and get 2 WRX front seats there cheap. And remove crummy stickers
Old 06 October 2014, 03:05 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The link in your first post doesn't work so I can't see any pictures. But in a way I'm glad I can't see any pics. Much better cars out there for the money compared to a sport Impreza.
Old 06 October 2014, 03:44 PM
WRXghost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
The link in your first post doesn't work so I can't see any pictures. But in a way I'm glad I can't see any pics. Much better cars out there for the money compared to a sport Impreza.
I have to disagree with that. Pay,d 750 for my sport with tax and mot I did over 15'000 miles with only wear n tear probs. It also handled well like a turbs and gave 320miles on a full tank. And it was 300cheaper on my insurance then my astra.
Old 06 October 2014, 03:47 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WRXghost
I have to disagree with that. Pay,d 750 for my sport with tax and mot I did over 15'000 miles with only wear n tear probs. It also handled well like a turbs and gave 320miles on a full tank. And it was 300cheaper on my insurance then my astra.
how do you know it handled as well as a turbo?? it can't accelerate anywhere near as fast into and out of corners to test the handling.
Old 06 October 2014, 04:04 PM
WRXghost
Scooby Regular

Iv got a turbo now so goin on experience. Agreed they can't go into corners as fast. But they stick to the floor like a turbo is what I mean. But for the price you wote find better
Old 06 October 2014, 04:06 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Iv got a turbo now so goin on experience. Agreed they can't go into corners as fast. But they stick to the floor like a turbo is what I mean. But for the price you wote find better
I'd say plenty. cool story though bro!
Old 06 October 2014, 04:21 PM
WRXghost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
I'd say plenty. cool story though bro!
Hummmm hope your not taking the pi** lol
Old 06 October 2014, 04:36 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Hummmm hope your not taking the pi** lol
not at all firstly the non turbo is a slow expensive to run poor excuse for a performance car, a Clio sport is a 100 times better car and secondly your handling claim is utter crap, the sport can't accelerate etc anything like a turbo so impossible to test handling back to back, a granny's shopping trolley would have no trouble cornering flat out at 10 m.p.h. a different story at 50 m.p.h.
Old 06 October 2014, 06:06 PM
WRXghost
Scooby Regular

not at all firstly the non turbo is a slow expensive to run poor excuse for a performance car, a Clio sport is a 100 times better car and secondly your handling claim is utter crap, the sport can't accelerate etc anything like a turbo so impossible to test handling back to back, a granny's shopping trolley would have no trouble cornering flat out at 10 m.p.h. a different story at 50 m.p.h.
Have you ever driven a sport?
I can tell you.now I use to hit bends at silly speeds and it grips better then my dad's golf gti.
Er a Clio are you serious better looking/ handle then a sport subs.you must be in your 30s lol
And I got my brake pads for £6 disk's £12 each oil filter £2 the cars cheap to run.
There just underrated by people who haven't driven one. Am not saying there like the turbo model but for £750 you wote find a.car that looks/handles better
Old 06 October 2014, 06:10 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Thomas your missing the point, Clio 172, 182 are going to cost more to insurance than a 125bhp Impreza. Compare to other 4 door saloons its a great car, 4x4 so safer in winter.

And lets not forget the main reason young lads buy them, is so they can look like they own a turbo Impreza, if i had a choice over a saxo vtr or a Impreza turbo Replica it would be Impreza everytime

Old 06 October 2014, 06:13 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Have you ever driven a sport?
I can tell you.now I use to hit bends at silly speeds and it grips better then my dad's golf gti.
Er a Clio are you serious better looking/ handle then a sport subs.you must be in your 30s lol
And I got my brake pads for £6 disk's £12 each oil filter £2 the cars cheap to run.
There just underrated by people who haven't driven one. Am not saying there like the turbo model but for £750 you wote find a.car that looks/handles better
yes ive driven both cars and the clio is hands down a faster better handling car.
the reason the brake pads are cheaper is because the brakes are smaller and not as good.

and yes id rather have a saxo vtr/clio/106 gti over a sport impreza every day off the week as these are fast fun little cars unlike the sport which is slow and expensive to run
Old 06 October 2014, 06:20 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

If Thomas is comparing a clio 172,182 to a Impreza sport then hes right, anyone that picks a Impreza sport over a clio sport is

The Impreza sport is not interesting to drive compared to a powerful hot hatch, its underpowered, and as Thomas said unresponsive engine.

Although i will agree with cheap to run and tones more reliable then Renault rubbish

Old 06 October 2014, 06:24 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by jaygsi
If Thomas is comparing a clio 172,182 to a Impreza sport then hes right, anyone that picks a Impreza sport over a clio sport is

The Impreza sport is not interesting to drive compared to a powerful hot hatch, its underpowered, and as Thomas said unresponsive engine.

Although i will agree with cheap to run and tones more reliable then Renault rubbish
they are not cheap to run though, still permanent 4wd so low mpg and the insurance and tax costs are not cheap either.

only reason people buy them is to fool others into thinking they have a turbo impreza, not because they are a good car.
Old 06 October 2014, 06:31 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I have both turbo and none turbo Impreza, got the none turbo as its cheap, safe with 4x4, very reliable, parts are 10 a penny, it handles well with 215 tyres fitted. Fuel wise it does 35+ gallon.

It still has sport stickers on, and looks nothing like a turbo

But as i said the main reason people buy these is because turbo replica, very few keep them in standard sport look

they are not cheap to run though, still permanent 4wd so low mpg and the insurance and tax costs are not cheap either.

only reason people buy them is to fool others into thinking they have a turbo impreza, not because they are a good car.
Old 06 October 2014, 07:07 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

The sport impreza is a waste of time imho .......
Old 06 October 2014, 07:12 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

i see a black impreza sport parked up at the zoo was standard bar some wrx wheels............ now that was a cool story bro!
Old 06 October 2014, 07:15 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

i think ive been misunderstood.

i said the sport is pointless as a performance car and trying to tune one up even more pointless, if you want a performance car for the money a clio/106 etc is a far better buy.

im sure as a reliable car the sport is fine albeit expensive to run.
Old 07 October 2014, 09:18 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Yes agreed, although as we said the main reason people buy them is so they can have a turbo rep

i think ive been misunderstood.

i said the sport is pointless as a performance car and trying to tune one up even more pointless, if you want a performance car for the money a clio/106 etc is a far better buy.

im sure as a reliable car the sport is fine albeit expensive to run.
Old 10 October 2014, 10:09 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know someone who paid £500 recently for a 206 GTI in good condition.

Not the world's best or fastest car by any stretch, but would absolutely whip a non turbo Impreza in boggo trim. Let alone by the time it's been stripped and mildly fettled.

Save your pennies for a turbo.
Old 12 October 2014, 06:37 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

The 206 gti might be faster but i'd prefer a sport over a girls car any day

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
I know someone who paid £500 recently for a 206 GTI in good condition.

Not the world's best or fastest car by any stretch, but would absolutely whip a non turbo Impreza in boggo trim. Let alone by the time it's been stripped and mildly fettled.

Save your pennies for a turbo.
Old 12 October 2014, 08:05 PM
WRXghost
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
The 206 gti might be faster but i'd prefer a sport over a girls car any day
I was going to say that