Notices

auto electrician needed for 95 wrx in kent

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2012, 10:13 AM
hardcore199
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto electrician needed for 95 wrx in kent

help please again guys, i felt sure i found my colprit, crank sensor i pulled her out gave it a wipe and she fired up, this happened 4 times and then a wipe was no longer good enough so brought a new sensor and she still wont fire up, im no electrician and im just soo stuck, ever garage or auto electrician i have rung say they cant do early jap, does anyone know someone in or around kent that could come and sort her out for me, money no issue just need her running again please
Old 07 November 2012, 09:58 PM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

what year is your car? Have you managed to read the fault code? If you look under the steering column, you will see 2 green plugs (one male, one female). Connect them, and turn the key to ON but DO NOT start the car.

The CEL should flash. Count the flashes and report your findings on this thread.

I'm sure someone will be able to help.

J
Old 08 November 2012, 11:43 AM
hardcore199
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by funkmasterjay
what year is your car? Have you managed to read the fault code? If you look under the steering column, you will see 2 green plugs (one male, one female). Connect them, and turn the key to ON but DO NOT start the car.

The CEL should flash. Count the flashes and report your findings on this thread.

I'm sure someone will be able to help.

J

I finally found these two green plugs tucked right up, I plugged them together switched ignition to on and you can hear it doing things clicking and turning fan on and off and fuel pump making a noise but my check engine light is not flashing?? Do you have to wait for it to do checks or anything I waited 2 and a half mins and recorded my dash incase I missed anything but no real flash just stays on any ideas??? I'm just trying again and waiting a little longer
Old 08 November 2012, 12:07 PM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

Hi ya. Strange!

Try the 2 black male and female cables instead - but make sure the gree cables are NOT connected first.

J
Old 08 November 2012, 12:25 PM
hardcore199
Scooby Regular

Hi ya. Strange!

Try the 2 black male and female cables instead - but make sure the gree cables are NOT connected first.

J
I take it that the check engine light should flash on and off properly and then what go off or stay on?? There is a slight dimming of the light but not enough to determin weather it's actually flashing and it doesn't seem to stop, meaning the whole time the ignition is on it just keeps going through I presume different checks, thank you for your help I'm desperate, start a new job once my crb check comes back and can't get there without my car, good start eh lol
Old 08 November 2012, 12:58 PM
hardcore199
Scooby Regular

Na mate my car ain't playing the game I'm starting to wonder weather I just got bad wiring, the two black ones connected make it flash but I counted 50+ flashes and realised its just going to keep going unless it could be more than that??
Old 08 November 2012, 09:00 PM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

If it was flashing in a constant sequence (ie no pauses or breaks) then there is no registered fault.

Where abouts in Kent are you mate?

J
Old 09 November 2012, 01:43 AM
hardcore199
Scooby Regular

If it was flashing in a constant sequence (ie no pauses or breaks) then there is no registered fault.

Where abouts in Kent are you mate?

J
Yeah it just keeps flashing as you say in a constant sequence, I'm in Sevenoaks mate, please say you no someone!!!! I have found a subaru main dealer about 20 miles away I was going to ring them tomorrow to see if they would help but if there is no faults then there, was going to say dodgy wiring but surely that in itself would be a fault because its stopping the injectors working and I presume the spark to but I must check to see if I have a spark tomorrow morning, rac said you can't because of the separate coil packs, is that right? Also when looking for the green and black plugs I noticed there is a fair bit of added wire and relay etc maybe all for turbo timer but I'm really clueless when it comes to electrics, thank you for all your help
Old 09 November 2012, 01:51 AM
funkmasterjay
Scooby Regular

My Civic sometimes struggles to start when it rains heavily and has not been used in a few days. We now start it every morning. Problem is moisture in ignition system.

I have the Civ's MOT on Saturday or I would have offered to pop over and try to solve together.

Have you done a google search on Subaru Impreza Not Starting for any clues?

Good luck mate.

J
Old 09 November 2012, 06:00 PM
hardcore199
Scooby Regular

Well I spent another couple of hours on the old girl today, still no go, I'm going to invest in a volt meter tomorrow and dive in to the unknown of electrics, after goggle ing I think I'm down to; starter motor, ignitor, wiring brake down, or alarm/imoberliser, oh or ignition relay.... I hate electrics and never used voltmeter but they do explain quite a bit in the workshop manual and I can't find anyone that wants to take the job so I'm left with no choice..... I will not ever buy another cheap scooby