Notices

Classic central locking question?

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2012, 10:40 PM
M9G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic central locking question?

I have a 94 import WRX - If I unlock the car from the drivers door just the drivers unlocks but if i then manually unlock the rest of the doors when i lock from the drivers door the all lock.

Is this how it should be or should all of them unlock of the central locking? if so any idea what would be causing it?

Thanks
Old 04 August 2012, 11:22 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

theres a small microswitch in the driversdoor lock assy which often fails, this syncs the central locking to open the rest of the car
Old 05 August 2012, 10:21 AM
M9G
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks, is it something that can be replaced on its own or is it the whole drivers lock mechanism thats needs replacing as a unit?
Old 05 August 2012, 01:11 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by M9G
Ok thanks, is it something that can be replaced on its own or is it the whole drivers lock mechanism thats needs replacing as a unit?
Can be replaced as a separate part if I recall, Same as an early uk Car if you need to ring the dealers
Old 05 August 2012, 10:26 PM
M9G
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rob84
Can be replaced as a separate part if I recall, Same as an early uk Car if you need to ring the dealers

Great thanks for the info
Old 30 August 2012, 07:41 PM
M9G
Scooby Regular

I got a replacement door locking mechanism and swapped it over but doors still doing the same, i can lock them all on central locking but not open them. I take it the microswitch your on about is the bit right at the bottom of the locking mechanism where the little 2 wire multiplug goes

Any ideas anyone please
Old 12 September 2012, 04:00 PM
Fudge92lewis
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy Central wiring

Hi I'm hoping someone can help I have a 1997 classic basically I took my car to have my cd player sorted out at halfords and I'm not sure what wire he touched but my clock and central locking does not work anymore and the light for the alarm isn't flashing now I'm thinking he shorted something out and a fuse has blown but I checked them all and there fine please help

Trending Topics

Old 12 September 2012, 04:08 PM
M9G
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fudge92lewis
Hi I'm hoping someone can help I have a 1997 classic basically I took my car to have my cd player sorted out at halfords and I'm not sure what wire he touched but my clock and central locking does not work anymore and the light for the alarm isn't flashing now I'm thinking he shorted something out and a fuse has blown but I checked them all and there fine please help

You might get a better response by starting this in a new thread
Old 12 September 2012, 06:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fudge92lewis
1. NEVER, NEVER add a new, different question to the end of an old thread. Not if you want replies.

2. It will be a fuse.

3. Do you not have a manual to see which fuse? The fusebox is under the dash, driver's side, behind the cointray. Pull the cointray out.
Old 12 September 2012, 06:24 PM
M9G
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M9G
I got a replacement door locking mechanism and swapped it over but doors still doing the same, i can lock them all on central locking but not open them. I take it the microswitch your on about is the bit right at the bottom of the locking mechanism where the little 2 wire multiplug goes

Any ideas anyone please
I removed the central locking timer module from behind the plastic panel in the passenger footwell, took it apart and the circuit board was a bit green so cleaned it up and rer-soldered all the joints, put all back together and it still does the same, I have noticed when i get in the car and start driving the first time i touch the brake pedal the doors lock, is this correct or is this part of the fault i have?

Regards
Old 12 September 2012, 06:37 PM
billy21
Scooby Regular

I had to change a fuse in the engine bay for that
Old 12 September 2012, 07:04 PM
M9G
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billy21
I had to change a fuse in the engine bay for that

Sorry are you replying to my thread or the other guy that is piggybacking my thread?

If its mine then what do you mean by you had to replace a fuse, was it blown or did the fuse look ok but you changed it anyway and thats what sorted it? I ask this as I have checked all my fuses and they seem fine and didnt think it would be the fuse as all the door lock on the central locking but not open
Old 12 September 2012, 10:37 PM
billy21
Scooby Regular

Sorry was meant for the other guy. Totally got confused there. My bad
Old 13 September 2012, 10:05 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by M9G
I removed the central locking timer module from behind the plastic panel in the passenger footwell, took it apart and the circuit board was a bit green so cleaned it up and rer-soldered all the joints, put all back together and it still does the same, I have noticed when i get in the car and start driving the first time i touch the brake pedal the doors lock, is this correct or is this part of the fault i have?

Regards
Mine definitely don't. Nor do Andy's and he has a 99 car.

Could this be an aftermarket alarm and a fault on it?