Notices

electrical issues- 03 WRX (radio/int light/ingnition light)

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2011, 09:58 PM
al9955
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issues- 03 WRX (radio/int light/ingnition light)

right, this one is causing me a headache, to run through the problems(one im not sure is though)

Radio (clarion) - this has been working fine up until recently then it decided to just stop working for no reason, it still lights up when the light are switched on (not the display), and you can still eject CD's, but nothing else, though wierdly last week (a week after if first died) it came on when the car was started, but came up with a message, something along the lines of "press power system check up" pressed power as asked, then it said "checking", then "completed" once this screen came up, pressed the power button, and it came on, though everything was reset, this happened twice, but since the last time it hasnt worked

I believe i have checked every fuse (though i dont have an owners manual which doesnt help) and i removed the radio to check all the wiring which seemed to all be fine, so im completely confused on this!

interior light - this has never worked since we have owned the car quite simply, works when you switch it on manually, but in the central position, it will not operate upon opening any of the doors, once again, i thhnk ive checked all the fuses, but no luck there either!

ignition barrel light surround - now the only reason i meantion this when i have been searching for an answer for my problem, this was something that was coming up, i didnt think it even lit up, and it may not, but if it does, does it have any baring on the above problems i have?

any help would be massively appreciated!

al9955