Notices

Malfunction indicator light just come on ????

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2010, 09:16 AM
calumsarah2010
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Malfunction indicator light just come on ????

I have a wrx. And filled up with petrol and drove for about 5 miles and the malfunction indicator light came on and has been in a steady light since. Right a few forums and some said check fuel cap is tight. Have done and it's still on. Any one had this or any problems with the light coming on ??????

Thanks Sarah and calum
Old 05 December 2010, 12:59 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By malfunction light i take it you mean engine management light? What year car and model is it? is the car running any different with the light on?
Old 09 November 2012, 01:34 AM
hezzieblue
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had the same problem, im a total novice and have had my 2005 WRX only four weeks, guy i bought it off sez i can run it on regular unleaded when pottering to work and back during the week, (approx 12 mile round trip), but he told me to alternate between shell super unleaded (v power) when filling up and regular unleaded, i totally forgot about using higher octane petrol and filled up a whole tank on regular unleaded, drove about 55 miles and the M I L (yellow engine light) has came on and stayed on, seemed to be driving ok at first but now i dont seem to have the power 3K + revs, turbo does seem to kick in but it kicks in a wee bit later and not for as long, im putting it on a diagnostic tomorrow so ill let you know the out come, in the mean time i would really appreciate any suggestions or advice, im bricking it i hope i aint killed my car ;-(