Battery

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2008, 08:17 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery

Hi all,

Just back after 3 weeks away and my 07 Sti's battery is deader than dead !

The tracker had sent me a text while i was away telling me that (at the last text) my battery level was 2.5v and the alarm had been going off due to this.

I will have to have a look around the car to see if anything was left open (probable looking at the battery level) but was wondering if it wasn't due to this what the bettery warranty is from new,i'm guessing it's only a year?

I'm going to give subaru Assist a bell to ask them to come out but before i do will this battery be ok to start with a booster unit and if so will the battery be ok or am i looking at a new battery in the long term?

I've duplicated this in 'General Technical'so apologies if you've already read this.

Cheers
Old 15 September 2008, 11:28 AM
p1junkie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my st03 battery goes dead very quickly my wifes mini cooper only lasted 1 week
prob is as well these cars have a smart alternator(not that smart) so if u drive around with no load ie daytime driving etc gradually the battery will loose charge
if no lights etc mar batt vltge is about 12.4 but turn side lights on the alternator kicks in and chrges at 14.0v
with alarm and tracker i wld expect battery to be near dead withing 7-8 days max 3 weeks and it will def be dead as a dodo and mayeven have damaged the battery