Notices

Electric folding mirrors switch packed up, Fuse / Relay location?

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2008, 10:19 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric folding mirrors switch packed up, Fuse / Relay location?

Ello,

For some reason my electric folding mirrors decided to pack up yesterday, they were working fine yesterday morning as I use them everytime I park up due to having to park my car in an allocated space, but when I jumped in the car to leave work yesterday afternoon they weren't working at all, so I couldn't unfold them.

The electric stillworks to move the mirror glass which is obviously on the same switch, but I just seem to have no life in the switch that unfolds them.

So my question is, - Could somebody tell me where the fuse or relay is for the folding mirrors as my fuse box cover is all written in japanese. I did actually pull all of the fuses which were written on the cover in japanese, and obvious ones like SRS, and IG I left, but they were all fine. I also checked the fuse box in the engine bay but from what I could work out they all seem o.k as well, but like the fuse box inside the car some of it is in japanese.

Also, if it is the relay which has packed up, how do I check it to make sure it is that which has died?

Thanks in advance,
Az.
Old 30 January 2008, 10:48 AM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I fitted mine to my UK Turbo myself, so don't know about the relays etc, as I haven't got any.
Might be worth taking the switch off and testing it with a test lamp. I would imagine the fuse for them would be the same as the interior lights/cig lighter etc. So if they are fine its probably not the fuse.
I don't know if the folding mirrors were standard on yours or not, probably would be. But if not take a look at the switch first, as if they were fitted at a later date, it may have been some bodger like me (I actually taped my wiring into the switch, been ok for the last year).

Last edited by joey_turbo; 30 January 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 30 January 2008, 11:31 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that mate, I was planning to take out the center consol today and have a look so I'll check the switch with a circuit tester. Oh and yeah the folding mirrors were standard on imports afaik.
Old 30 January 2008, 12:27 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

You wont need to take the centre console out, the switch should just lever out, its only clipped in.
Old 30 January 2008, 12:34 PM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Ah right, well I haven't got the center consol screwed in anyway as I was doing some work on the car a couple of weeks ago.