Immobiliser dead after battery flattened

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2008, 02:57 PM
my93-ra
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Immobiliser dead after battery flattened

Hi All
To cut a long story short, my MY93RA has been sat silent for the last 2 weeks which has drained the battery. As the battery was old I have purchased a new one and replaced it. Now however the immobiliser LED no longer flashes and it wont allow me to turn the car over. The only thing that seems to show there is life, is that the hazards work.
I understand that its always dodgy to talk about alarms on an open forum, but this must be a school boy error i am making.
The Imob is a laserline 921 V2, which I guess was installed when it was first brought over in 93. I have rung up our local distributor and his suggestion was that I should try and replace the battery terminals as firmly as possible as this can convince the imob to kick back in and sometimes works on older alarm systems. This I did, I even tried to sneak up on it and attach them when it wasnt looking, but hasnt solved anything.
I have downloaded the user manual for a 921 T which seems to be a similar device, and it shows how to disarm the the immob, but each example it gives stats the immob led should be flashing in the first place, which it isnt! Not so much as a wink
My question after that preamble is - am I doing anything obviously wrong? Is there a routine that needs to be followed when your immob has been powered down?
Any help, by secure message or via forum, would be greatly recieved...

many thanks
Old 10 January 2008, 11:30 AM
my93-ra
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorted...

Turns out it was a fuse problem after all. Followed the live feed back and hey Presto...

cheers then