Notices

fog lamps...

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2007, 08:09 PM
Heppy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog lamps...

Hello i was wondering how easy it is to wire up the foglights so when u flash headlights the fog lights do aswell? Thanks
Old 30 September 2007, 11:46 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

That would mean wiring them up as drive lights. They come on with main beam if the switch is on. There's a set of instructions from prodrive as to how to do this. I can send it if you pm a email address.
Old 03 October 2007, 11:41 AM
ChrisGrant
Scooby Regular

Hi can you send that to me aswell please
Old 03 October 2007, 09:54 PM
Heppy1
Scooby Regular

No i was meaning i wanted to wire up fog lights so when i flash my lights the front fogs will aswell??
Old 03 October 2007, 11:26 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

just a wee quickie here lads, hope it helps....if yer lookin for good lights for ur scoob that work with the main beam/flash then go get the piaa 120watt driving light conversion as i have in my RB5....they make night into day and as they arent fog lamps and only work with the main beam the plod wont hassle u either for misuse

u can get them in scoobyworld for approx £250 delivered (and that was to northern ireland) and they come with full wiring kit/dash switch/wiring harness and all plugs etc to wire to battery and full beam with high power 120watt bulbs and instructions, its so easy mickey mouse could do it. trust me u wont get better lights on ur scooby to u fit these bad boys
Old 04 October 2007, 10:55 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Heppy1
No i was meaning i wanted to wire up fog lights so when i flash my lights the front fogs will aswell??
That IS what's on offer mate

Alcazar
Old 04 October 2007, 04:43 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> Hi can you send that to me aswell please

I can but it's a .pdf file so I can't post it here. Send me a PM (private message) with the email address you want me to send it to and I will send it as an attachment. Or if you don't mind posting an email address on the open forum (where it may be harvested by spammers) then just reply to this with your email address.
Old 05 October 2007, 08:58 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
That IS what's on offer mate

Alcazar
Lol, glad you confirmed that before I did! Will the MOT muppets have no problem with this? Probabbly not but I would check it out first as they are fog lights, not main driving lights at the end of the day.
Old 05 October 2007, 09:40 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Footlong
Lol, glad you confirmed that before I did! Will the MOT muppets have no problem with this? Probabbly not but I would check it out first as they are fog lights, not main driving lights at the end of the day.
There'll be no problem at MoT so long as the lights are wired to EXTINGUISH when dips are selected That's the law.

Alcazar
Old 05 October 2007, 05:36 PM
knobby_2000
Scooby Regular

I thought fogs are only supposed to work with dip-beam?.... main beam is pretty much useless in fog.
Old 05 October 2007, 06:50 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

> I thought fogs are only supposed to work with dip-beam?.... main beam is
> pretty much useless in fog.

You're right of course but the tread starter wanted them on when he flashed his headlights so we've told him how he can do it. Whether it's sensible or logical is a different issue.
Old 05 October 2007, 07:58 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I m thinking of going down this route (PIAA), but fitting this kit I will no longer have the use of fogs anymore right. So on the rare occasions that it is foggys here in blighty, can you use these PIAA as fogs. - I guess not judging by what alcazar said.

I supose I could wire them up so that I can use them as fogs - dipped beam and PIAA on - if need be and driving lights - main beem and PIAA.
Old 05 October 2007, 09:08 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Default PIAA DRIVING LIGHTS....

to scoobymad, are u talking about wiring up a set of 120watt piaa driving lamps to dip beam ....this would be highly un-advisable as these lamps are SERIOUSLY BRIGHT and if used in the dip would dazzle/blind other road users. but when used in the main beam the piaa lamps are fandabbydozy!! trust me....i have a set!!
Old 05 October 2007, 09:18 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

DO NOT use the PIAA spot lamps as fogs!!!!!

I have the proper spot lenses on mine, came with them. Imagine the scene in the Truman Show where they it is pitch black and all of a sudden peak daylight appears as someone flicks the switch. The spots are not all that different lol . I have fitted even brighter 130w bulbs in to mine as I had to replace them and they literally punch the darkness out of the way for a long distance ahead.

I had a dozy old bint cut across me last winter on a dual carriageway when she could see me coming a mile away and I stuck on the full beams for a second. She stuck her brakes on and swerved back in to the slow lane and half over in to the hard shoulder! This is how they gained the name 'Bunny Dazzlers'. They are amazing but use them with caution lol.

Last edited by Mr Footlong; 05 October 2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typo-tastic....
Old 05 October 2007, 09:59 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Talking

i agree, some light out of those piaa's....NIGHT?? WHAT NIGHT?? with these babieson its daylight

go get a set of these piaas from 'Scoobyworld' now for approx £239.99 (they sound expensive but when u use them u wont look back) .....BUT DO NOT, AND I MEAN NOT USE/WIRE THEM TO DIPPED BEAM OR UL CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE TO VEER OVER THE HEDGE
Old 07 October 2007, 08:50 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

It was just an idea thats all to wire them up to dipped to use as fogs.

Cheers.
Old 16 October 2007, 07:36 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by knobby_2000
.... main beam is pretty much useless in fog.
Have you ever tried main beam in fog? It gives the impression that it is worse than dip beam but if you try it objectively you will find that in most cases you can actually see further.

There aren't many things which wind me up more than fog lights. eg why does everyone think that when it is foggy during daylight hours you need to switch your fogs on? Absolute waste of petrol and performance and of no use whatsover. Personally, I believe the use of foglights is also a waste a night because the range is so pathetic.