Notices

Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2007, 06:21 PM
rhyspw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Lights

I have just bought a set of WR1 driving lights to fit on my 03 STI, everything seems to fit ok + the wiring seems to be all there. Does anyone know what else I will need for this - apart from the switch? Will I need a relay? Has anybody else done this mod? cheers
Old 07 January 2007, 07:34 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Small minor problem, pretty sure it'll be wired for fogs rather than driving lights as that's all that come as standard. You'll need a relay and the switch. Then you'll need to mod the wiring so they come on with the main beam rather than with side or dip like fogs do.

Quite straightforward if you're handy with a soldering iron. Prodrive put together a two page instruction booklet that has featued on here fairly regularly in the past. Do a search or give me another shout here if you can't find it.

The relay is a small one, like the micro relays sold by Vehicle Wiring Products, you need a 4 blade one. It fits in a small block to the left of the fuse box. Dead obvious when you're fitting the switch as you can follow the wires.
Old 07 January 2007, 10:53 PM
rhyspw
Scooby Regular

i must be retarded, how do you do a search???? sorry!
Old 08 January 2007, 10:13 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Well clicking on the search button would be a start..... It's middle of the orange bar at the top of the page. Then click advanced search to make it a bit more selective, I'd suggest limit it to lighting and other electrical, search for the last year or all posts, then click what you want to search for.

But I took pity on you, did the above with "prodrive" as the search for and found this. Trumble posted the instructions about half way down.