Notices

Stupid questions - hedlight bulb info

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2006, 10:09 PM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid questions - hedlight bulb info

Apologies for asking what is probably very obvious, but any help appreciated anyway

Near-side headlight has gone on my 1998 STi Jap import. Works fine on full beam but not on normal setting so I'm presuming one of the filaments has gone. Popped down to halfords to be told the japanese cars use different bulbs to the UK ones that they don't stock. I also tried to access the bulb to have a look but couldn't do so - I've changed penty of car bulbs in my time so am not entirely stupid, but whilst I could get the headlight unit lose I couldn't get it ot completely, or see anyway of gaining access to the bulb itself.

So, first question is can anyone tell me exactly what bulb I need and where is best to get it from, and secondly how do I get to the damn thing to change it

Cheers guys.
Old 19 August 2006, 11:26 PM
gljam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bog standard H4 bulb from anywhere that sells bog standard H4 bulbs

bulb removal is from inside the engine bay- basically unplug the loom from the back of the bulb (squeeze the sides and it should just pull off, it'll be obvious when you try it) then the bulb itself is just held in by a spring clip, squeeze either the bottom or top (can't remember which) and then it will hinge up/down and you can justremove the old bulb from the rear of the cluster