Notices

Error code 32

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2006, 06:02 PM
pot1175
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error code 32

i am after a bit advise, was going to centre parcs 2day when the engine check light came on @90mph, i pulled over did a error check(32) oxyegen sensor, tried to reset no joy, when i got to where i was going did reset again all clear, i am right in saying the sensor was located in my old down pipe with cat,(95wrx) i disconected it 4 years ago when i de-catted it, so how i can i get an error code for a sensor i no longer have! any ideas, is this a problem? Wanna be sure its okay as i'm supposed to be running the car @ york next weekend,
Many thanks.
Mark
Old 19 August 2006, 07:59 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Your lamba sensor is on the exhaust headers (drivers side, before the up-pipe). Being that yours is a 95wrx. (standard position)
The sensor you proberly removed from the original catted downpipe was the cat on fire sensor.
An after market decatted downpipe usually have the fitment for a lamba sensor at the top just just behind the turbo if it was fitted etc.
Old 19 August 2006, 08:19 PM
pot1175
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ticky
Your lamba sensor is on the exhaust headers (drivers side, before the up-pipe). Being that yours is a 95wrx. (standard position)
The sensor you proberly removed from the original catted downpipe was the cat on fire sensor.
An after market decatted downpipe usually have the fitment for a lamba sensor at the top just just behind the turbo if it was fitted etc.

Lamba sensor in the manifold (is that the same thing as a oxygen sensor?) I did have a problem the day before, the pipe on the header tank snapped off & i lost all the coolant all over the headers, took 40 mins to get rid of the moisture, could this have sprayed on to the sensor causing it to show the fault, did i mention that i have reset ecu & then took the car for a good 70 mile run checked ecu no errors.So if there are no error codes now will it be okay?
Old 19 August 2006, 09:28 PM
scuba_doo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pot1175
when the engine check light came on @90mph, i pulled over did a error check(32) oxyegen sensor, tried to reset no joy, when i got to where i was going did reset again all clear
Checked pcode 0032 shows as oxy sensor heating fault , which would be in the first O2 sensor , not 100% on classic scoob's but a 4 wire sensor normally has 2 grey's and a black and white wire . The greys are heating circuit , black ref volts from ecu and white signal back to ecu , O2 sensors had a ceramic tip over the sensor that gets heated to allow the exhaust gas's thru , so to compare O2 in the exhaust to outside air . If the heating circuit goes down ( grey wires ) the ceramic does'nt go porus and the O2 in the exhaust cant be checked (engine lamp on )heating resistance of O2 sensor 3 Ohms cold up to 12 to 16 Ohms hot . Fault can occur after motorway run while coming off a slip road as the high engine speed gases have kept the sensor tip porus .
Hope this may help you
Old 19 August 2006, 11:14 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

lamba sensor & oxygen sensor are the same thing.
Old 20 August 2006, 08:10 AM
pot1175
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the help chaps!