Horn Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2006, 02:14 PM
DubCSTI
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn Wiring

Hi all, first post.
Previously I've owned 2 '02 WRXs and moved on to the '06 STI. When I went to pick it up on Monday it had 300 miles on it (yikes) and was missing the underbody diffuser as well as the STI decals on the foglight covers. Okay, so far not good. The dealer said they'd order up the diffuser and that they had no idea where it went. After driving off the lot, getting cut off and attempting to honk the horn I realized it wasn't connected.
I easily located the diconnected wire behind the bumper and in front of the radiator. Seemed to be very corroded for such a new car... My concern was arroused when i traced the wire's path and realzed it could potentially be powering much more than just the horn. Looked to me like it was powering at least the radiator fan, potentially much more.
Now I find myself wondering what else does that piece of the wiring harness run? For sure it is powering the horn, but what else? The wire is one I have seen reffered to in other posts (in front of the radiator, behind the bumper, looks like it runs from the large grouping of wiring near the driver's side headlight) and I was hoping somone out there knew what exactly what it is and what besides the horn may not have been working. I fear it was likely more than the horn but have been unable to find any other information and am uncomforatable at this point relying on the dealer to pass that information along. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 30 July 2006, 03:19 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

from memory that harnes runs the fans, horn and foglamps if fitted.

I take it your car is brand new not an ex demmo.
I used to work at a car dealer ship and when we got brand new cars in they had 4, 5 miles tops on the clock, not 300.

If yours is brand new i would of refused to take it with that many miles on the clock

andy
Old 30 July 2006, 04:24 PM
DubCSTI
Scooby Newbie

yeah, they said the miles were there due to moving the car back from NJ to Pa. Got the car sorted, love it so far. thinking of giving the dealership hell for the run around they put me through though. it was such as hassle. If they want my business anymore they'de better be throwing the freebies my way. Ever experience any freebie giveaways at your dealership due to unsatified customers? This will be the 3rd car i bought from them, got great service the first 2 times but this time my usual sales guy was on vacation. they really botched this one and I know dealership ratings are impostant to those guys. Think threatening a poor customer satafaction repert would get me some oil changes at least?