Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2006, 11:00 AM
nick1977
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying which fuse!

Hi there

This is my first post so hi to all.
Bought my first scooby a few weeks ago. It is a MY96 Japanese WRX - the facelift version. Although I was pretty thorough with most of the electrics when looking at it, I have since realised that the front and rear washers aren't working. The wipers work, but there is no water sparaying. The motor doesn't seem to make any noise at all, so I am hoping it is simply a fuse.

Trouble is the fuse box - it's all in Japanese! I spent a couple of hours last night trawling the forum, but can't seem to find anywhere a guide to what fuse does what. I found this one:

https://www.scoobynet.com/showthread...twell+japanese

However it doesn't seem to match my car. I have therefore taken a pic of the fuse box cover, and was hoping some educated fellow might be able to tell me which one it is!

Thanks in advance for any help
Nick
Old 04 June 2006, 01:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

OK, the good news: on my car, a '98 UK model, there is a fuse that controls the washers, front and rear. It's third from the left, bottom row in the inside fusebox, located behind the drop down coin tray to the right of the steering column, lower part of the dash. You have to pull the coin tray right out to get to it...........

Now the bad news: it ALSO controls the wipers, front and rear, so logic says that if THEY are working, so should the washers be

I assume there's water in? Ok daft question

Can you get to the pump and see if there is live arriving when it's supposed to? (A circuit tester is a help here) )

If there IS, and they STILL don't work, rig up a seperate temporary earth from pump direct to battery and try again.

STILL no joy? It's the pumps, possibly been run dry to often. Strange for BOTH to go though.

I'd be inclined to take the easiest one to get at, off, and have a play to make sure it's not just stuck or full of crap. More likely than BOTH gone US

Alcazar
Old 04 June 2006, 05:19 PM
nick1977
Scooby Regular

OK thanks very much for advice.
Unless anyone can confirm that the Japanese model has a separate fuse for wipers and washers, I will give this a go.
And yes, it does have fluid in. When you pull lever for washers there is just no action - no noise - nothing. Just the wipers come on!

Thanks again
When I find out the solution I will post to help anyone else with the same problem.

Nick
Old 08 June 2006, 12:25 PM
nick1977
Scooby Regular

OK feel a bit stupid now!
Tried pushing all the connectors around the washer unit under the bonnet, and one of them was loose. Now the front work fine, which was the most important thing, but the back still don't work.
If anyone does know what the layout of the fuses is from the picture above - for any future problems - I would be grateful.

Thanks
Old 28 January 2011, 12:15 PM
davoid
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Nick

ever decode the fusebox? My wiper stalk has given up the ghost completely. No wipers, washers or anything.

cheers
dave
Old 28 January 2011, 12:22 PM
davoid
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Nick

ever decode the fusebox? My wiper stalk has given up the ghost completely. No wipers, washers or anything.

cheers
dave
Old 28 January 2011, 02:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What car? What MY?

Do you have a circuit checker? If so, use it to see if any of the bits are getting power.

Originally Posted by alcazar
OK, the good news: on my car, a '98 UK model, there is a fuse that controls the washers, front and rear. It's third from the left, bottom row in the inside fusebox, located behind the drop down coin tray to the right of the steering column, lower part of the dash. You have to pull the coin tray right out to get to it...........