Notices

Rear fog light on STi

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2001, 01:21 AM
Lizzywizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MY98 STi4 has a single rear fog light fitted centrally below the bumper (presumably this was fitted after importing it as I believe they are not a standard item on an STi). However, I think it looks horrible and wondered if I could fit a long shallow light such as the brake lights found in rear spoilers as I am sure this would look much neater?

Also I have recently replaced the PIAA driving lights which were on the car when I bought it, with standard fogs. The wiring for these was present but there is no switch on the dash. If I removed one of the switch blanks am I likely to find wiring behind it that could be connected to a switch?

Any advice or ideas will be very welcome.

Thanks, Lizzy
Old 22 October 2001, 09:01 AM
alistair
Scooby Senior

I have wired my rear fog to the O/S reversing light and put a red bulb in - works fine except for people occasionally telling me that one of my reversing lights is broken.

An STi4 would not have had front fogs as standard, just blanking plates - so I'm not sure where your wiring came from.
Old 24 October 2001, 09:52 AM
YOUNG GED
Scooby Regular

Hi Liz

Thanks for the PIAA's they are great.
As for the rear fog light,the Warrenders cars at Oulton park yesterday had fog lights like you described.Give them a call and ask where theey get them from.
As for the front fogs,just remove the blaking plates where the switch shold be and look for any wires which aren't connected.
If you get someone with a uk car to pull their switch out you'll see what colours they are.
All you need then is a switch and hey presto front fogs.

Chris