Squeaky windscreen stalk

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2005, 11:24 AM
Wakey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky windscreen stalk

Hello,

I have a really really annoying "squeak" that only sounds when I have the windscreen wiper setting in intermitant.

I'm pretty sure its got something to do with the "adjuster" (you know the one which sets the timing for the intermitant wiper) because it squeaks at different volume levels when you play with this.

I would drown this annoying noise out with my stereo, but turning that up just makes more annoying squeaks from the dash happen ( I heard the stereo was bad, but it worse than that lol )

thanks in advance.
Old 20 May 2005, 06:14 PM
nunosm
Scooby Regular

Got that from day 1 in a my03. Little annoying at first, but now i never remember it. Its like the wind sound on the windows or the whining box. Its a scooby all right! ehe
Old 22 January 2007, 07:30 PM
maci
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wakey
Hello,

I have a really really annoying "squeak" that only sounds when I have the windscreen wiper setting in intermitant.

I'm pretty sure its got something to do with the "adjuster" (you know the one which sets the timing for the intermitant wiper) because it squeaks at different volume levels when you play with this.

I would drown this annoying noise out with my stereo, but turning that up just makes more annoying squeaks from the dash happen ( I heard the stereo was bad, but it worse than that lol )

thanks in advance.
I know, this is an old post, but the only relevant thing which came up in SN search.
I picked up my new ride on Friday, my05 sti, and today I had the exact same noise at windscreen wiper setting in intermitant only, exactly as described in the original post.

Since there was 1 single reply, I'd like to ask more oppinions about this. Is this normal ? anybody else has it ?

I tend to incline to say it is not normal, simply as my 02wrx didn't do it.....