prodrive to morrette h/light swap

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2004, 04:07 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prodrive to morrette h/light swap

alright guys...

big problem here...just changed a set of prodrive WR headlights for a set of morrettes...no problem i thought, but ive had a nightmare...think the connectors for the prodrive lights mightve been changed or be non-standard (special prodrive ones?) as ive had to split the casing on the one of the morrette connectors in order to connect to the lighting loom...also, with it all connected, my headlights are cut-out when i activate my main-beam which doesnt work at all...very confused...?!?! has anyone changed from prodrive headlights to morrettes, or if not does anyone know what my problem is and how to fix it...?

cheers in advance, bri...

p.s. im posting this in different forums for maximum exposure...!
Old 18 December 2004, 04:51 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the Morretes there should be three 3-pin connectors, all different types (so you can't connect the wrong ones) on each unit. The passenger side also has a flying lead with two ring connectors for connecting to the battery, plus a long lead with a male and female spade connector on the end which runs across the front of the car and attaches to the two spare spade connectors (again, one male and one female) on the driver's side unit. The three 3-pin connectors are all the same as the OEM light take. What has the Prodrive got in the way of cannectors?

M
Old 18 December 2004, 05:47 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
For the Morretes there should be three 3-pin connectors, all different types (so you can't connect the wrong ones) on each unit. The passenger side also has a flying lead with two ring connectors for connecting to the battery, plus a long lead with a male and female spade connector on the end which runs across the front of the car and attaches to the two spare spade connectors (again, one male and one female) on the driver's side unit. The three 3-pin connectors are all the same as the OEM light take. What has the Prodrive got in the way of cannectors?

M
looks like the prodrive connectors on the car lighting loom are different as they dont fit the morrette connectors which im led to believe are standard OE...i know how they all fit together in theory, but im assuming it must just be the wrong connectors...also, do you know what the spare bulb on the drivers side headlight is for...? it just sits behind the unit alone and lights up but had no slot...i cant see a use for it...?!?!
Old 18 December 2004, 07:07 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

I saw that bulb, and I have no idea either. Something for US cars perhaps?

M
Old 18 December 2004, 07:42 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

is this fitting guide of any help???????

http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/m...e/morette.html

alan
Old 18 December 2004, 07:53 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

No, because that's for a classic, and we're both talking about (AFAIK) bugeyes...

M
Old 19 December 2004, 03:01 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

yeah im talking about a MY02 bugeye...going to have to change them back today or tomorrow if i dont get any joy on here...!!!
Old 19 December 2004, 03:44 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

OK, these are the connections on my Morrettes:

The three marked plugs are same as those on the OEM headlights. I assume your Prodrive lights have different connectors then?

M
Old 19 December 2004, 04:04 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

yeah the prodrive connectors are different...had to split the plastic casing on the smallest 3-pin connector on the light unit in order to get it to fit, but its no problem, ill just wrap some ins tape around it...the largest rubber connector was no problem, but the grey connector was also a tight/bad fit, but good enough, probably tape that as well...managed to get them to work in the end, dont know what the problem was but all i did today was wire them up to the battery and everthings fine...weird...!!!

thatll be a set of UK300 WR headlights for sale then...!