Notices

uprating lighting on 03 sti

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2004, 03:48 PM
LoneGranger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uprating lighting on 03 sti

Advice please on best way to safely upgrade light output on this model - dip, main and additional larger size driving lights (rather than 03WRX size)

What wattage will these units take without distorting lense and reflectors.

Any compact high powered additional driving lights that look neat and are worthwhile? - PIAA ?

I am looking for road / rally levels of max lighting within constraints of normalish appearance.
Old 11 July 2004, 05:32 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

If you can afford it then HID is the answer, available from here for example. For about £350 you can have HID dip or main beam whichever is most important to you, or £700 for both I guess. HID's are infinitely better then any uprated bulb, +30%, so called xenon bulbs etc etc, but they are pricy, depends how much you want to improve I guess.

For My03 you need H1 base for dip beam and 9005 base for dip beam.

For better driving lights I would think the PIAA driving lights from Subaru would be the best answer, a direct replacement for the standard fog lights.
Old 11 July 2004, 11:18 PM
LoneGranger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
If you can afford it then HID is the answer, available from here for example. For about £350 you can have HID dip or main beam whichever is most important to you, or £700 for both I guess. HID's are infinitely better then any uprated bulb, +30%, so called xenon bulbs etc etc, but they are pricy, depends how much you want to improve I guess.

For My03 you need H1 base for dip beam and 9005 base for dip beam.

For better driving lights I would think the PIAA driving lights from Subaru would be the best answer, a direct replacement for the standard fog lights.
THANKS FOR INFO